Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Other club Forums

Comments

• Options
    That forum is a bit like Kenilworth Road IE decades behind the times.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Sunderland forum match thread (141 pages of it) goals at 31, 61 and 77 mins
    https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/sunderland-v-charlton-match-thread.1547311/
  • Options
    I love the insights we get from the commentary. "The keeper will want to keep a clean sheet this afternoon". No shit?
  • Options
    edited April 2021
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I think the Sunderland player on the line knew he had to clear it in the air as DJ was in front of him. That was a key reason for the slice.

The problem for Sunderland fans was that this was a massive game for them and it has dealt them a blow.  thought they were under more pressure than us and it showed.
  • Options
    I think the Sunderland player on the line knew he had to clear it in the air as DJ was in front of him. That was a key reason for the slice.

The problem for Sunderland fans was that this was a massive game for them and it has dealt them a blow.  thought they were under more pressure than us and it showed.
    Just imagine meeting them in the playoffs again!🤣
  • Options
    I think they are sort of expecting it :)
  • Options
    Well let's hope we can get there. I'd say the odds are against it, but you never know. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well let's hope we can get there. I'd say the odds are against it, but you never know. 
    Your right the odds are against it. Just like the odds were well against us winning at Sunderland today. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    "Watching the goals, who's bright idea was it to let O'Nien match up with Jayden Stockley? Like watching a PE Teacher against a Year 7."

"They do seem to be a very smart club. I was shocked at their coverage. They had a well known presenter, Curbishley and someone else in a proper studio. Analysis of the game was excellent including valid criticisms and assessments of our tactics."

"They had an ex sky presenter and the two experts were both ex charlton managers , Curbishley and Lennie Lawrence , very professional set up."

Interesting to see Johnson coming in for some stick as well given their good recent run. I know he's got a bit of a rep as a right whiny fucker but this comment makes sense - "He's very good at deflecting the blame from himself"
    Just on our streaming service it's easy for us to take it for granted, but it's a ridiculously good programme for a 3rd division to put out every game. Proper presenter, and big name lead pundit

We've definitely set an example for the other "big" L1 sides. It would be like Sunderland TV having Steve Cram presenting and Peter Reid as the lead pundit 
    I'm wondering how much Curbs, Minto etc get paid. Minto must have been on a good whack at Sky. 
  • Options
    "Watching the goals, who's bright idea was it to let O'Nien match up with Jayden Stockley? Like watching a PE Teacher against a Year 7."

"They do seem to be a very smart club. I was shocked at their coverage. They had a well known presenter, Curbishley and someone else in a proper studio. Analysis of the game was excellent including valid criticisms and assessments of our tactics."

"They had an ex sky presenter and the two experts were both ex charlton managers , Curbishley and Lennie Lawrence , very professional set up."

Interesting to see Johnson coming in for some stick as well given their good recent run. I know he's got a bit of a rep as a right whiny fucker but this comment makes sense - "He's very good at deflecting the blame from himself"
    Just on our streaming service it's easy for us to take it for granted, but it's a ridiculously good programme for a 3rd division to put out every game. Proper presenter, and big name lead pundit

We've definitely set an example for the other "big" L1 sides. It would be like Sunderland TV having Steve Cram presenting and Peter Reid as the lead pundit 
    I'm wondering how much Curbs, Minto etc get paid. Minto must have been on a good whack at Sky. 
    Yes, if anything it's Minto who'd need the money more, seeing that Curbs is older and will have made enough through other media work anyway. And will probably be sighed up for a Netflix sitcom soon!
  • Options
    Were Minto, Brown and Curbs actually working?  If not they are probably quite cheap.  They get to keep their CVs up to date and to an extent in the public eye.  They get to watch live football with mates which not many can currently.
  • Options
    "4 subs after 60 minutes is desperate management"

this comment about Johnson made me think of Bowyer. How many times did we see him make a couple of subs at half time then more early in the second half. Basically means you're out of ideas and are just hoping for the best.

Everything seems so much more settled under Adkins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Sunderland fan on Amos  :D page 38

Who the fuck is in goal?

buffon?
    I preferred the one just before it: "Is Amos part Octopus on his Mam's side?"
    Readytogo is always worth a random visit. Although there are some serious meltdowns most of the Mackems have a good and witty sense of humour.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

• I see Minto every day at school pickup. My son went to his sons birthday party (the wife took my son),  but other than "hello" I've not spoken to him... be it shyness or whatever.  Scott Minto like some other people have said is one of the nicest people you will ever talk too. Loves Charlton and very down to earth 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Just watched the Sunderland fans view on the rolling reels thread, worth a watch, and the guy gives a very honest opinion about the game, all you need to do is swap the name of Johnson for Bowyer and it all sounds amazingly familiar, constant changes, players out of position, chopping and changing line ups ,could be Lee in disguise.  :)

• Options
    Just watched the Sunderland fans view on the rolling reels thread, worth a watch, and the guy gives a very honest opinion about the game, all you need to do is swap the name of Johnson for Bowyer and it all sounds amazingly familiar, constant changes, players out of position, chopping and changing line ups ,could be Lee in disguise.  :)

The massive difference though of course is that Sunderland are in very good form and were until yesterday very much on the heels of Peterborough in second place. Under Lee Bowyer for best part of a year we were god damn awful.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

The massive difference though of course is that Sunderland are in very good form and were until yesterday very much on the heels of Peterborough in second place. Under Lee Bowyer for best part of a year we were god damn awful.

Fair enough, i was only alluding to the mindset, and a fans perspective, not the performance stats that's all
  • Options
    Spent a bit of time on readytogo. Very funny.
    A few down to earth sensible guys but a lot of boneheads. 
  • Options
    Do people sign up to other clubs message boards?
  • Options
    I see Minto every day at school pickup. My son went to his sons birthday party (the wife took my son),  but other than "hello" I've not spoken to him... be it shyness or whatever. 
    You should do. He's very pleasant and down to earth.
    I've spoken to him a few times, most recently on the train returning from Cheltenham.
    Did he ask you for a selfie?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Do people sign up to other clubs message boards?
    No, I just visit them, like anyone can visit CL. RtG is my favourite. I think they’re a really good set of fans.