Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ticket office staff doing their best - go easy on them, please

13»

Comments

• Totally agree Len.
  • Are there tickets on sale on the day ?

Yes, to red card holders.
    Thanks a lot! I'm not actually sure if I've signed up to that. I've got previous history purchase guessing that wouldn't be enough ?
  • edited August 2015
    seth plum said:

I went down around 10.15 today.

Of those waiting three were moaning to each other. You know the sort, the one's who start moaning as soon as we kick off on Saturday. The sort who looked like they got dressed in the dark in a charity shop and their head hadn't seen a comb for a fortnight.

So this wasn't you Seth ? :smile:
    I arrived just before mid-day. Then left my son in the queue whilst I bogged off to Sainsbury's and the M&S money machine.
    My window of moaning opportunity was therefore reduced to about twenty minutes!
    Bugger. I was hoping it was. Such a great description. It's still making me laugh, hours later. :smile:

Thanks a lot! I'm not actually sure if I've signed up to that. I've got previous history purchase guessing that wouldn't be enough ?
    Should be enough.....if their new system still has your details on.

I'd say check with the ticket office, but they would probably have less idea than you :smile:

Anyway, I'm confident, a red card holder in a queue, could get you a ticket on the day. If you gave them the money & showed them your stubs, even if the ticket office wouldn't.
  • edited August 2015
    Thanks for the help guys! Might as well chance it.
  • Just got my confirmation e mail through after 5 minutes or so. Only waited 10 minutes or so, served by a very pleasant (but very tired, bless her) young lady!
    Hopefully print them off soon and "scan" the tickets to get in the turnstile, saves all that bloody queuing lark! (I hope!!)
    Worked well for the West Ham game anyway.

COYR............. :smiley:
  • Well. Even after ringing on Wednesday they had not reprinted my ticket as they said they would and had reprinted my Dad's ticket, in his old seat, instead of my nephew's. All sorted now though. Lady that served me was very pleasant and we had a nice chat. Someone at the top has to apologise though. Glad I sorted it today as it could be chaos tomorrow. They can now also reissue cards again.

Lady that served me was very pleasant and we had a nice chat. .

No wonder it takes ages to get through to them...
  • edited August 2015

Well. Even after ringing on Wednesday they had not reprinted my ticket as they said they would and had reprinted my Dad's ticket, in his old seat, instead of my nephew's. All sorted now though. Lady that served me was very pleasant and we had a nice chat. Someone at the top has to apologise though. Glad I sorted it today as it could be chaos tomorrow. They can now also reissue cards again.

Were there anyone queueing ?
  • Sponsored links:

• In front of me when I arrived about five queuing. When I left no queue and windows free.
  • Is the call centre open till 8 today? Need to book a additional ticket but the game isn't online and I live a good hour away.. Don't fancy queuing up tomorrow in all the chaos either
  • A statement from Meire is called for.

Her silence has been deafening.

If she is really CEO then the buck stops with her.

More chance of my season ticket turning up.
  • edited August 2015

Two widows were open and a third opened soon after.

Think I prefer a voucher for £5 off any purchase at the Club shop to be honest.

• I would have thought Miere could at least come out and give an apology equal to her last one to appease matters.

“Of course I can understand their frustration and they have every right to be [frustrated],” she said. “But I hope they understand the owner wants the best for Charlton. He does it his way and they need to accept that.
  • No club should offer a pay-to-call number for buying tickets, and then charge you a booking fee on top.

Have not read all the thread so may have missed a response, but Charlton d not use a premium rate number, therefore a booking fee to cover postage, envelope and manpower at £2 is not unreasonable.
  • Does anyone know how many season ticket holders this affects?
    Can see this being a bit of a nightmare on Saturday if it is several hundred or is it over a thousand?

Given that the reason for failed delivery is Royal Mail then the club would not know. I do not doubt that this is a RM generated issue having worked in the Direct Mail business.

Whether the clubs plan B has been good enough is another matter.
  • The ticket office manager has stated that 1500 tickets are affected.
  • Kap10 said:

Does anyone know how many season ticket holders this affects?
    Can see this being a bit of a nightmare on Saturday if it is several hundred or is it over a thousand?

Given that the reason for failed delivery is Royal Mail then the club would not know. I do not doubt that this is a RM generated issue having worked in the Direct Mail business.
    Given that a significant number of tickets that WERE delivered were incorrect it would be far more than a RM problem.
  • se9addick said:

cabbles said:

I can only decide on how i feel about the ladies working the ticket office once ive seen what they look like.

Saturdays at the Valley are nothing to do with you VG as you're too busy 'coaching kids' and shooting anyone who comes near your disabled mother. Stay out of it
    I need to go back and re-read that thread, the maddest thing I've ever seen on here.

Has that fella been back since ?
    Just seen this se9, sorry for late reply. Yes, a great couple of posts in the pre-match preview vs QPR
  • Sponsored links:

• Been on hold for 15mins.. I need to book a extra ticket for my grandson today And I'm not to sure what to do..
  • Are you in the same stand as Len Glover? You could pretend your grandson is his daughter :-)
  • Dansk_Red said:

The ticket office manager has stated that 1500 tickets are affected.

My brother has just collected my 3 STs and he was told 2,000....

Poor effort sofa.
  • Painless thankfully mine had been reprinted. No queue at the North stand T/O. 10 in the west stand queue.