Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ticket office staff doing their best - go easy on them, please

Private Godfrey here

My sister Dolly and I are just back from The Valley, having collected the season tickets for two of our neighbours.

At around 10.30 there were about 12 people waiting in the queue. There was plenty of good-natured grumbling, only to be expected, but I was really impressed that despite this awful situation people were staying calm and polite.

The young ' uns behind the window were equally courteous and trying very hard to crank out the requisite stuff from what is clearly a broken system.

The clock is indeed ticking and a lot of folks are understandably getting nervous. However, it seems pointless to take up even more time and energy on having a row - well done to everyone for their forebearance, and good luck to the staff over the next 48 hours.

Hopefully the phone lines will stay open throughout tomorrow night, and the windows open very late Fri and very early Sat, manned if necessary by the senior personnel who have presided over this needless fiasco. Bartrams's should also be open serving free refreshments to the queue.

Fingers crossed !!

Comments

• You're a good neighbour !
  • No, go for their blood. It's all their fault after all. If anyone sees KM then re-enact traingate
  • I've always found the CAFC ticket office/admin staff to be very polite, helpful, friendly and knowledgeable .. the modern world eh ? .. everything must be done within a two second time frame or else far too many 'customers' get impatient and hostile.
  • but how long should we wait on the phone for? at the customers expense. They don't say what number you are in the queue. It's very poor service and it's not cheap to call. Living miles away and trying to book tickets for saturday. It's so frustrating they should have a system where they call you back.
  • I've been on the phone 15mins and given up!
    Do they have half day Thursday?
  • Are they staying open this afternoon?
  • i want to flag you for being so understanding.
  • £2 booking fee...??? Bit steep
    They said they are open today all day and now till 8pm tmr due to the mess they are in over the lost tickets
  • Sponsored links:

• I do find it a bit of a disgrace and how with the new technology can't they just give my ST access to the game on Tuesday rather than charging me £2 to post a ticket out.
  • I am sorry, but no.
    The ticket office has made a right royal fuck up this pre-season, and it's losing the club money.
    Shambles, get shot!
  • I agree with original post. The ticket office staff have always been very lovely and very efficient. This is not their fault.
  • I just got off the phone with them and they were efficient and helpful as usual. Somewhere along the line there has been a royal cock up but it's not likely that it was these guys at fault.
  • se9addick said:

You're a good neighbour !

He certainly is!

• Perhaps I should be a little more explicit - the front-line staff are doing their level best under difficult circs not of their making. By all means go for the officials responsible, but let the ticket office human shield get on with things unmolested !!

Yes, the ones responsible should take all the flak, and hope they are sacked! Those that are trying to just do their jobs will take all the flak though, as they are there! The bosses hide away.

• They are polite and nobody should be shooting messengers. The customer service from the club over this has been poor, nonetheless
  • Its hard to have much sympathy for the ticket office. I went down there on Sat and they were closed. Just went back down there again an hour ago and they were closed again. They hardly appear to be putting in the extra hours to sort out the problem. Knowing the mess they are in you would have thought they would have sorted out an overtime rota.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gave up on my mobile this morning thinking I will call from home.................Just tried and guess what? they close at 1pm on Thursdays!!!..........."are you sure???"
    Surely the least the club could do is stay open tonight and tomorrow night, I'm sure some of the staff would be grateful of the overtime?............Shambles!!!!!!!!!!
  • if only someone could have mentioned the early closing on thursday, if only there was some site where we could discuss such Charlton related issues!,
  • The OS statement is ambiguous about, collecting tickets to-day. This was posted PM yesterday

Anyone still awaiting their season ticket is being asked to contact the ticket office, either in person at The Valley or by calling 03330 14 44 44 to arrange a re-print before Saturday’s match against Queens Park Rangers, which can be picked up from the North Stand Ticket Office on Saturday from 10am.

Fans wishing to collect their re-prints before Saturday can do so at the main Ticket Office today, tomorrow or Friday.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-season-tickets-delivery-2595190.aspx#riG8UHh7bfix9lTm.99
  • TICKETS | Ticket Office opening hours: tomorrow - 9am-8pm. Saturday (North Stand) from 10am #cafc
  • edited August 2015
    Go easy on them ffs. You sure?
  • Does anyone know how many season ticket holders this affects?
    Can see this being a bit of a nightmare on Saturday if it is several hundred or is it over a thousand?
  • cabbles said:

I can only decide on how i feel about the ladies working the ticket office once ive seen what they look like.

Saturdays at the Valley are nothing to do with you VG as you're too busy 'coaching kids' and shooting anyone who comes near your disabled mother. Stay out of it
    Harsh.
    They only get shot if they're communists.