Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ticket office staff doing their best - go easy on them, please

Comments

• seth plum said:

cabbles said:

I can only decide on how i feel about the ladies working the ticket office once ive seen what they look like.

Saturdays at the Valley are nothing to do with you VG as you're too busy 'coaching kids' and shooting anyone who comes near your disabled mother. Stay out of it
    Harsh.
    They only get shot if they're communists.
    Pmsl - I forgot about the communist bit. Still to this day the funniest CL comment
  • I can only decide on how i feel about the ladies working the ticket office once ive seen what they look like.

couple of blondies that are worth one Gaz.
  • At ticket office now trying to buy a ticket for tomorrow. 40 people in queue but in 10 mins only 1 customer dealt with.
  • Does anyone know how many season ticket holders this affects?
    Can see this being a bit of a nightmare on Saturday if it is several hundred or is it over a thousand?

Current estimates are that about 15% are affected, which equates to around 1500 season tickets. It could be more, or a few less. Ticket office have said "hundreds". It would appear that a third to a half are dealing with theirs today or did so yesterday, but that wil still mean chaos I think tomorrow...
  • cabbles said:

I can only decide on how i feel about the ladies working the ticket office once ive seen what they look like.

Saturdays at the Valley are nothing to do with you VG as you're too busy 'coaching kids' and shooting anyone who comes near your disabled mother. Stay out of it
    I need to go back and re-read that thread, the maddest thing I've ever seen on here.

Has that fella been back since ?
  • edited August 2015

At ticket office now trying to buy a ticket for tomorrow. 40 people in queue but in 10 mins only 1 customer dealt with.

You should be sorted in 7 hours then. Just before it closes at 8pm.
  • edited August 2015
    So if there's a 1,000 tomorrow at 10 mins each, they should have their S/T's sorted in time for kick off.

That's the KO against Hull on August 22nd.

No only joking, it would only take until Monday tbf.
  • Does anyone know how many season ticket holders this affects?

Both of them :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• young lad at the ticket office was efficient and polite.

the amount of moaning in the queue was quite funny.
  • PL54 said:

No, go for their blood. It's all their fault after all. If anyone sees KM then re-enact traingate

• you had to be there.
  • edited August 2015
    So I get the impression that despite phoning yesterday and being told to collect from the North Stand Ticket Office tomorrow it is not simply give name(s) & addresses be given reprints and off you go?

Looks like an early start from Northants tomorrow.

The club's website makes mention that there is a problem an explanation which surely must be available by now from senior management would be welcome to us the fans and those who are dealing with us face to face from the ticket office. The longer they don't the more irritating it can become in some peoples' minds.

Agree don't have a pop at those at the window it's not their fault!
  • Macronate said:

young lad at the ticket office was efficient and polite.

why? After work today I'm going from Canary Wharf DLR to Lewisham, train to Charlton, queue up for who knows how long, train from Charlton to Charing X or Cannon Street and then train to Battle. I'm normally home about 6.15pm. Probably be home about two hours later tonight.

Think I'm entitled to a bloody moan.

I'd get the DLR to Greenwich Large and get the train from there. It'll be a lot quicker.
  • PL54 said:

You know the sort, the one's who start moaning as soon as we kick off on Saturday. The sort who looked like they got dressed in the dark in a charity shop and their head hadn't seen a comb for a fortnight.

Is VOTV on sale already ?
    Now that made me chuckle.

• I went down around 10.15 today.

About eight people in the queue ahead of me.

Two widows were open and a third opened soon after.

Of those waiting three were moaning to each other. You know the sort, the one's who start moaning as soon as we kick off on Saturday. The sort who looked like they got dressed in the dark in a charity shop and their head hadn't seen a comb for a fortnight.

My purchase of three tickets for QPR was dealt with efficiently and politely by a charming young lady.

10/10 to the box office.

0/10 the sad old farts.

i was there around the same time, probably the same lot, hence my comment above.

• Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:

young lad at the ticket office was efficient and polite.

why? After work today I'm going from Canary Wharf DLR to Lewisham, train to Charlton, queue up for who knows how long, train from Charlton to Charing X or Cannon Street and then train to Battle. I'm normally home about 6.15pm. Probably be home about two hours later tonight.

Think I'm entitled to a bloody moan.

I'd get the DLR to Greenwich Large and get the train from there. It'll be a lot quicker.
    Doh ! Must be having a blond moment. What you said is what I normally do for night games but for some reason I'd forgotten that and was going to go to Lewisham. Thanks for reminding me !!

• Are there tickets on sale on the day ?

Yes, but I'd get there early mate.

Yes, to red card holders.
  • edited August 2015
    The youthful fellow who dealt with me this morning was very pleasant indeed. I also did not hear any abuse or excessive moaning to the window staff at all. Some of us in the queue were certainly having a 'tut and sheesh' type of conversation because a) we all had the ticket stress in common, and b) we were bored and had to talk about something.
    Indeed with the lady who I was chatting to, the conversation then went on to healthy eating, vegetarianism (!), the Dagenham and Redbridge game and so on.

Of those waiting three were moaning to each other. You know the sort, the one's who start moaning as soon as we kick off on Saturday. The sort who looked like they got dressed in the dark in a charity shop and their head hadn't seen a comb for a fortnight.

So this wasn't you Seth ? :smile:

So this wasn't you Seth ? :smile:
    I arrived just before mid-day. Then left my son in the queue whilst I bogged off to Sainsbury's and the M&S money machine.
    My window of moaning opportunity was therefore reduced to about twenty minutes!
  • think KM should pop round and apologize in person ;-))