Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2015/16 season weekly betting thread

Comments

• Options

Anyone else interested in putting forward one weekend bet every week, and we all keep track of each other's progress over the season? Little comp to see who ends up up or down (and by how much) ?

yes. has @smiffyboy asked you to do this just so he can show how good he is?

I'm up for it, do we need a separate thread?
  • Options
    Arsenal, Boro, Bradford & Oxford each way accumulator 2312/1
  • Options
    Can't find a bet for us having a player sent off tomorrow, always seems to be the way on the first day of the season.
  • Options
    Everton
    Birmingham
    Wendies
    Hull
  • Options
    L Block said:

ive got a tenner on us to win the league @ 100/1

arsenal, derby, sheff utd & portsmouth to win their respective leagues @ 1473/1

for this weekend ive got man utd, arsenal and charlton @ 6/1

Chelski, Hull, Millwall, Orient and Bayern to win the CL
    5 each way, returning 36 grand
  • Options

Anyone else interested in putting forward one weekend bet every week, and we all keep track of each other's progress over the season? Little comp to see who ends up up or down (and by how much) ?

@paulbaconsarnie @Nicholas any suggestions for keeping something like this as simple as possible and low maintenance?

Something like a pretend £10 stake every weekend that can either be placed on any football single, double or treble, with the odds given by a standard bookie (ie. Not bet fair)?

Then track our profit / loss over season?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

yes. has @smiffyboy asked you to do this just so he can show how good he is?

I'm up for it, do we need a separate thread?
    Lol cheers cables but it wasn't my idea I have more success on the horses than football, football bets are just Brucie bonuses and bit of added fun while watching the scores roll in, anyway count me in
  • Options
    I'll start a thread dedicated to it if you want. I think a treble for the weekend would be easiest.

The only problem would be that people would need to check the odds themselves as I may not be about all the time to check them.

I think Bet Victor is the best online bookies for football bets but if everyone would prefer one of the high street brands then I suppose William Hill would be fine. I'm happy to try and update profits, losses etc
  • Options
    Thanks for replying first Nicholas.
    Haven't got time to do it myself but don't mind assisting.
    I think it best kept simple.
    First choose a bookie to use all season.
    Do a screenshot(s) of their weekend coupons for prem and championship matches.
    Everyone does a virtual £10 treble. That way more chance of blow outs so less profits to work out.
    Not sure how it would work if people missed weeks or came into competition a couple of months down the line.
  • Options
    Good man Nicholas
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks Paul, I was thinking the same just as I was about to start the thread. I don't think I can do what Shirty does in the football prediction thread.

How about if people just add one bet each week that they put on for real and give us the odds. doesn't matter weather it is a single double treble etc just add the odds you got and I can work work it all out each week.
    And if there isnt too many players I can work out the losses too for a say £10 pretend stake.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    In fact leave this thread exactly as it is, whoever puts a bet on for this weekend at it on with your odds and I'll try and work something and do a little table each week.

If people want to add more then 1 bet, I will go with your first bet

@smiffyboy @Big_Bob @Showmetheway2gohome @cabbles can you add your odds that you got for this weekend please.

For people that don't bet every week of everyday like myself and few others please don't feel you have to for the sake of the competition. That's my responsible gambling bit out the way :) Good luck all
  • Options
    Charlton and Stoke top 6 double @ 270/1
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

In fact leave this thread exactly as it is, whoever puts a bet on for this weekend at it on with your odds and I'll try and work something and do a little table each week.

If people want to add more then 1 bet, I will go with your first bet

@smiffyboy @Big_Bob @Showmetheway2gohome @cabbles can you add your odds that you got for this weekend please.

I will mate - the only thing is people will prob just put up various bets they have throughout the season. It will take you time to then go through all the new posts and see who is putting on the virtual ones. A new thread titled 'CL virtual weekly betting competition 2015/16 season'

would that work
  • Options
    Think that it could get messy with different bookies etc.
    I'll post something up and see what you think.
  • Options
    Cheers Cabbles Cheers Paul,

As you can see I'm pretty crap at doing this :)
  • Options
    Ive just put a fiver on Watt and Austin both to score @ 17/2

Also got an accy of Chelsea, Man U, Cardiff, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal @18's
  • Options
    Everton
    Birmingham
    Wendies
    Hull
    16-1
    Ok fellas
  • Options
    Okay - the first failure of the season is

Bournemouth
    Burnley
    Derby
    Sheff Wed
    Hull

Keeping it top two div for first week of the season. No idea about leagues one/two yet
  • Options
    tony watt is 4/1 to be our top scorer this season. Igor is 2/1 fav.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Done

QPR
    hull
    Derby

As a treble and trixie
  • Options
    QPR boooooooo
  • Options
    Utd, Everton, palace, villa, qpr, Luton
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

QPR boooooooo

More than happy to lose, but 7/5 seemed long for a newly relegated side
  • Options
    After seeing our lineup. Charlie Austin 1st goal, 3-0 90/1
  • Options
    @cabbles start the season with a winner bosh
  • Options
    Bloke in the pub had a £20 bet on four match accumulator, Bury's 95th minute goal cost him a grand.
  • Options

Done

QPR
    hull
    Derby

As a treble and trixie

Well that was sh*t, however I fortunately went back for another and a smaller £2 dabble on

Hull
    Burton
    Cambridge
    Orient
    Pompey
    Queen of South

brought in a nice £80 and decent profit to start the season. Happy my 9/4 on us finishing top half looked a lot more achievable today as well. Good times
  • Options

Bloke in the pub had a £20 bet on four match accumulator, Bury's 95th minute goal cost him a grand.

in fairness doncaster scored when they were meant to return the ball to Burys keeper so they just let Bury run up the other end and score!
  • Options
    Ah - I caught the Bury goal out of the corner of my eye on SS News in the pub last night, but did not realise it was that game.