Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non Charlton - Rumours/Transfer Window

Comments

• Options
    Huddersfield goalkeeper Alex Smithies has emerged as a £1.5m target for QPR, according to the Daily Mail.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    After a £1.4m offer from QPR was accepted by Bolton Wanderers for defender Tim Ream, there could be a twist in the tale as he now looks set to join Fulham.
  • Options
    Dwight Gayle will not now be moving to Bristol City.
  • Options
    West Ham could be set to sign Tom Huddlestone from Hull, according to the Daily Mirror.
  • Options
    Steve Bruce fears many of Hull's top stars will be sold before the transfer window closes. Midfielder Tom Huddlestone has been linked with West Ham in today's Sunday Mirror and speaking after this afternoon's 1-1 draw with Wolves, the Tigers boss admitted he is unlikely to be able to hold on to his big names.

"We have lost 14 players and brought in five or six but the transfer window is still three weeks away.I've had enquiries from 15 clubs about players. It's no secret they have buy-outs (clauses). There's three weeks to go, I hope we can hold on to them but if I was a betting man I would be betting against it."
  • Options

Steve Bruce fears many of Hull's top stars will be sold before the transfer window closes. Midfielder Tom Huddlestone has been linked with West Ham in today's Sunday Mirror and speaking after this afternoon's 1-1 draw with Wolves, the Tigers boss admitted he is unlikely to be able to hold on to his big names.

"We have lost 14 players and brought in five or six but the transfer window is still three weeks away.I've had enquiries from 15 clubs about players. It's no secret they have buy-outs (clauses). There's three weeks to go, I hope we can hold on to them but if I was a betting man I would be betting against it."

I wish he'd just stop whinging and sell them ALL before Saturday (but take his time replacing them).
  • Options
    Reading have signed Spanish midfielder Alex Fernandez on a season-long loan from Espanyol.
  • Options
    Bolton Wanderers are set to sign Francesco Pisano on a free transfer after the full-back left Cagliari, reports BBC Sport.

The 29-year-old’s proposed move comes as Bolton defender Tim Ream closes in on a switch to Championship rivals Fulham.
  • Options
    QPR director of football Les Ferdinand has revealed that the club have received "two firm bids" for striker Charlie Austin.

But Ferdinand said that neither bid has yet matched their £15million valuation.
  • Options
    Championship club Burnley are preparing a bid of more than £1m for Swindon's Nathan Byrne, BBC Wiltshire understands.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now Bristol City have £9m to spend !

Andre Gray: Bristol City have £9m bid for Brentford striker accepted
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33974678

£9m !!! Can't see the rest of their squad being promotion contenders so this is ridiculous.
  • Options

Derby have put in a 2.5m bid for Dale Stephens.

Not sure he'll want to move that far south.

If Dale Stevens is 100% fit.
    and in a team where the forwards do some Runs and lose there markers unlike when he was at CAFC in the Champ, i can see why they would go for him
    with Will Hughes going to be missing most of the season.

He would have gone to Villa in the Prem a couple of years ago if if Tj and Slater hadn't become all Oliver Twist and asked for more.

To be fair to Dale the going back up north and ending up at Brighton which we have joked about since he left(Me as well) was resolved six months before he left CAFC and concerned his partner and young child.

• Options
    West Ham co-owner David Sullivan believes the club have a deal in place to sign Alex Song from Barcelona, subject to a medical.
    But Sky sources understand no deal for him to move to Upton Park has yet been agreed and both Tottenham and Everton retain an interest in the player.
    Song played 31 times on loan with the Hammers last season and Sullivan insists the player must recover from an ongoing injury before undergoing a medical with the East London club.
    Speaking to West Ham fan website Knees Up Mother Brown (KUMB), he said: "We have a deal in place with Alex Song, subject to a medical, and, if the medical is okay, we'll take him.
    "He's a player we all admire and we just hope that the medical shows he's in a sufficient state for us to gamble
  • Options
    Gray has turned Bristol city down apparently, lol.
  • Options
    Pedro trained with chelski today.
  • Options

Huddersfield Town goalkeeper Alex Smithies has signed for their Championship rivals QPR in a deal worth £1.2m.

The 25-year-old, who has made 274 appearances for the Yorkshire club, is moving to London after he was linked with a switch there over the last few days.

Smithies' transfer was delayed slightly because one of the medical consultants at his new club was unavailable.

Everything has now been processed, however, and his arrival at Loftus Road is likely to see Rob Green leave and return to West Ham three years after he left them and went the other way.

Smithies, who has signed a three-year deal, said: "This was a big decision but the timing was right for my career. QPR is the ideal opportunity for me. I have worked hard and now is the time for a new challenge.

"Being at a club that was recently in the Premier League, there is going to be a lot of expectation to push on and improve, and I think I will thrive off that.

Rob Green is now expected to complete a return to West Ham

"QPR want to bring in young players who are hungry for the game and want to do well for the club and I certainly fit that bill."

Manager Chris Ramsey, who is looking to take his side straight back up into the Premier League, said: "Alex is a decent addition to the group for us.

"He's played at this level and knows what it takes to compete in the Championship. He's approaching 250 league starts, so we're delighted to add him to the squad."

Smithies missed Huddersfield's 1-1 draw with Brighton on Tuesday and could make his QPR debut in Saturday's home league meeting with Rotherham.
  • Options
    Otamendi signs for Citeh, 31.7m, him and Vinny K will be a force at the Emptihad
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surprised that West Ham don't have better back-up to Adrian tbh
  • Options
    Randolph must be peed off. If this happens
  • Options

Championship club Burnley are preparing a bid of more than £1m for Swindon's Nathan Byrne, BBC Wiltshire understands.

If Gray is 'worth' 9 million, Byrne is 'worth' 10 million .. he is a REAL prospect IF he stays clear of trouble
    Dansk_Red said:

I don't consider Randolph to be Premier quality
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

And most probably available.
  • Options
    Apparently Leeds have agreed a deal for Forestieri. I'd use a puke icon if I could, he'll fit right in.
  • Options
    Reckon Berahino could be on his way after being left out of west brom once pulis had a chat with him, spurs maybe?
  • Options
    Benzema to Arsenal, what a scoop that would be. Not in the real squad today and *rumoured* to be signing on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Biggest signing of the window IF it happens/
  • Options
    They can sign Benzema all they want, what Arsenal really need is a new medical team or training regime, the amount of injuries they incur over a season is ridiculous.

How many times will:
    Cech
    Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Montreal
    Sanchez Ramsey Coquelin Cazorla Ozil
    Giroud

Walcott Chamberlain Wilshere Bellerin Chambers Gibbs Welbeck

Actually all be fit and available for selection at the same time?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

They can sign Benzema all they want, what Arsenal really need is a new medical team or training regime, the amount of injuries they incur over a season is ridiculous.

How many times will:
    Cech
    Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Montreal
    Sanchez Ramsey Coquelin Cazorla Ozil
    Giroud

Walcott Chamberlain Wilshere Bellerin Chambers Gibbs Welbeck

Actually all be fit and available for selection at the same time?

I honestly think a lot of those players are just quite unlucky with injury I don't really buy into that medical team/training regime theory.