Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non Charlton - Rumours/Transfer Window

Comments

• Options
    And think if they sign Benzema they could be serious contenders for the PL as well as CL.
  • Options

And think if they sign Benzema they could be serious contenders for the PL as well as CL.

Not with the rest of their squad they won't IMO. Look at man city this season, 2 players for every position that would get into near enough any other teams starting XI

Hart Caballero
    Sagna Zabaleta Clichy Kolarov
    Kompany Dimichelis Otamendi Mangala
    Fernandinho Fernando Toure Delph
    Navas Silva Sterling Nasri
    Bony Aguero

That's 20 players who are top class, and no doubt they'll bring in 1 or 2 more.

Gabriel, Flamini, Campbell, Rosicky, they aren't quite up to the standard and what with their injury records, you need players who can step up.

Chelsea
    Courtios Begovic
    Ivanovic
    Azpilicueta
    Terry Zouma Cahill
    Matic Mikel Fabregas Oscar Ramires
    Pedro Cuadrado Hazard Moses Willian
    Costa Falcao Remy

Again, 20 players but they have hardly any cover for the defence, which is why they are trying to buy Stones.

IMO Arsenal need to bring in another top quality defender and a midfield destroyer, before they spunk another 40m+ up the wall on an attack minded player from La Liga

The top teams in world football have players that can't even get on the pitch every game, who would walk into almost any side in the world, and that's what teams like Arsenal (and Liverpool and Tottenham) are missing right now, either through injuries or having an unbalanced squad. Buying a world class striker wont make up for the lack of quality in reserve
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Not with the rest of their squad they won't IMO. Look at man city this season, 2 players for every position that would get into near enough any other teams starting XI

Hart Caballero
    Sagna Zabaleta Clichy Kolarov
    Kompany Dimichelis Otamendi Mangala
    Fernandinho Fernando Toure Delph
    Navas Silva Sterling Nasri
    Bony Aguero

That's 20 players who are top class, and no doubt they'll bring in 1 or 2 more.

Gabriel, Flamini, Campbell, Rosicky, they aren't quite up to the standard and what with their injury records, you need players who can step up.

Chelsea
    Courtios Begovic
    Ivanovic
    Azpilicueta
    Terry Zouma Cahill
    Matic Mikel Fabregas Oscar Ramires
    Pedro Cuadrado Hazard Moses Willian
    Costa Falcao Remy

Again, 20 players but they have hardly any cover for the defence, which is why they are trying to buy Stones.

IMO Arsenal need to bring in another top quality defender and a midfield destroyer, before they spunk another 40m+ up the wall on an attack minded player from La Liga

The top teams in world football have players that can't even get on the pitch every game, who would walk into almost any side in the world, and that's what teams like Arsenal (and Liverpool and Tottenham) are missing right now, either through injuries or having an unbalanced squad. Buying a world class striker wont make up for the lack of quality in reserve
    I agree, Arsenal definitely have to strengthen their defense. However, when fit , yes, their midfield is top class especially with Sanchez at the helm.

Is Coquelin good enough in his role as CDM? Probably not.

But by signing Benzema they are taking a MASSIVE leap towards fighting for the trophies I mentioned, and no it wont make up for their lack of reserve in defense, but Arsenal have needed a world class striker for years now and they are getting one of the best strikers in the world if they do get him. Along with Suarez I would say he is the best out and out striker in the world and still just 27. Spunking money up the wall on Karim Benzema? I don't think so.

Cech/ospina

Defence needs one/two additions

Coquelin, Wilshere, Oxlade Chamberlin, Ramsey, Walcott, Flamini, Cazorla, Ozil, Arteta

Sanchez, Giroud, Welbeck, Benzema.

Could definitely challenge.
  • Options
    Absolutely no chance of them signing Benzema now, he's pretty much said so himself.
  • Options
    Can't believe nobody has bought Song. Wenger could do worse than get him back.
  • Options
    Well based on that game Bauer could get a game for Arsenal in front of Chambers, and Benzema could have played instead of Giroud and nothing would have changed. People tipping them for the title when all they have done so far is sign a veteran goalkeeper and sold a load of deadwood, madness.
  • Options
    Apparently Man Utd are considering spending £240million on Neymar.

£240million.

The grudging respect I used to hold for Man Utd has dissipated into putrid disgust.
  • Options

£240million.

The grudging respect I used to hold for Man Utd has dissipated into putrid disgust.

Have to admit am ignoring this as pure paper and agent talk which translates to the same as Sergio Ramos i.e. I want a new Contract / Pay Rise.

No way could Barcelona sell him because they're under a transfer embargo so cant replace him
  • Options

£240million.

Have to admit am ignoring this as pure paper and agent talk which translates to the same as Sergio Ramos i.e. I want a new Contract / Pay Rise.

No way could Barcelona sell him because they're under a transfer embargo so cant replace him
    Under the transfer ban where they have so far signed Turan, Vidal, Suarez, Vermaelen, Ter Stegen, Bravo and Rakitic? They'll just slide another few million to Fifa and the Spanish FA and sign Greizmann or someone
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Sheffield Wednesday bid 3 million for Fernando Forestieri.
    Wolves have rejected a 10 million bid from Norwich City for Benik Afobe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Michael Turner .. Loan from Norridge to ... wait for it ....

Sheffield Wednesday
  • Options

Semedo, Llera, Wiggins, now Turner. Charlton 'b' team! Feels a bit like when your smaller brother hero worships you growing up and wants everything you have/had!

Woahhhhh.... This is Wednesday we're talking about, you cant put them and the word "smaller" in the same sentence.

Surely because they're massive it should be the older brother who is jealous that the smaller brother is getting all the toys and wants to eventually pinch all of them!!
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Sheffield Wednesday bid 3 million for Fernando Forestieri.
    Wolves have rejected a 10 million bid from Norwich City for Benik Afobe.

Sheff Wednesday have also made a bid for Tom Daley in case of Watford rejection.

Let's hope this makes Afobe have an off day,with Norwich rejection.

Plus Grabban stormed out of the hotel when told he was only sub for Norwich and refused to play in Capital 1 cup. Trying to force his move back to Bournemouth.
    Hope they let him go to Cherries so we can bid for Calum Wilson !

• Options
    Joey Barton just confirmed he's joined Burnley.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Joey Barton: 'the next step has to be the right project for me at this stage in the career, I am not going to go just anywhere'.

Agent: No one is interested except Burney

Barton: where do I sign.

http://www.ilivehere.co.uk/burnley-4.html

Quote from that link:

Difficult to spot the true chav as most cannot even afford the price of a burberry cap if they pooled resources.. Not enough people with anything decent to steal off it seems..
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34075125

The money that is flying around out there, we are nowhere near it. These days if someone offers double what we offer, you are not going to sign for me.

Seriously when did Charlton try to sign two Championship Strikers for £9m each this summer?

There is a way of doing things, and there is a way of doing things!!
  • Options
    Doncaster Rovers have completed the loan signing of midfielder Cameron Stewart from Ipswich Town.

The 24-year-old joins the club until January 2 from the Championship leaders.
  • Options

Doncaster Rovers have completed the loan signing of midfielder Cameron Stewart from Ipswich Town.

Good signing for a League One Club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Could be very good for them
  • Options
    Sky saying Fulham have turned down a £10m bid from Sheffield Wednesday for Ross McCormack.

Money in the Champ has gone silly this summer
  • Options
    A lot of money turned down.
  • Options
    Sky sources understand Ryan Fredericks will undergo a medical with Fulham after a deal was agreed with Bristol City.

City only signed him from Tottenham 26 days ago but he has been allowed to leave for personal reasons.

Fredericks was of previous interest to QPR but we understand he is now set to sign for their West London rivals Fulham.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34106659

West Ham have had a bid worth up to £3m for striker Nikica Jelavic accepted by Championship side Hull City.

Another player to leave Hull...
  • Options
    antonio to West Ham for 7m
  • Options
    One time CL favorite to join us, Jelle Vossen .. short stay at Burnley .. he heard that Joey 'stinker' Barton was arriving soooo ... he's gone to Brugge
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34106659

West Ham have had a bid worth up to £3m for striker Nikica Jelavic accepted by Championship side Hull City.

Another player to leave Hull...
    3m for Jelavic who has scored goals in the Prem and played in a World Cup, yet 10m not enough for McCormack who has nothing more than a good record in the second tier.

Not only has championship transfer money gone silly this summer, who is going where and for what seems to be defying logic.

• Options
    Wolfsberg to spend half the money they got from Kevin De bruyne,
    on Julian Draxler from Schalke,
  • Options
    Barry Bannan .. Palace to Sheff Wed .. Wednesday are signing anyone who has enough puff to lace up a pair of boots