Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Star Plumstead Common.

1235»

Comments

• Options

I think I want to go for a few pints there and just wind him up as much as possible

Wouldn't take much.
    Bloke sounds like a mentalist.

• Options
    Jarman said:

I think I want to go for a few pints there and just wind him up as much as possible

Wouldn't take much.
    Bloke sounds like a mentalist.

Charlton Life social at The Star
  • Options

Yes, I'm thinking exactly the same.
  • Options
    You're only getting a smidgeon of the story from leftbehind's post.
  • Options

Curb_It said:

I had a look on that facebook page. The people on there make all us lot sound normal.
    Yes, I just read it as well.

I get the feeling, that if you're a decent sort, then you'll have no problem.

But if you're not the sort he wants in there, or complain about something, he's got a short fuse and aggressive streak.

But I'm only guessing, so could be completely wrong.
  • Options

Just have one pint but make sure it lasts a few hours that will wind him up.
  • Options

Im gonna go in and order a tap water, then complain its not cold enough.

If it is a bit warm I would check the colour too before drinking.
  • Options
    I think you are all being mean to the fella ,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Curb_It said:

I had a look on that facebook page. The people on there make all us lot sound normal.
    Particularly the one by a lady last night on her mental well being. V disturbing.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Curb_It said:

Particularly the one by a lady last night on her mental well being. V disturbing.

link?
  • Options
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PlumsteadPeople/?fref=ts

Its all under the person named Philip Kenyack's post (around 15hrs ago)
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

That's pretty witty
  • Options
    PL54 said:

shirty5 said:

That's pretty witty
    Thank you
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

So he's upset the Norwegians too then...
  • Options

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PlumsteadPeople/?fref=ts

Its all under the person named Philip Kenyack's post (around 15hrs ago)

So it's not just me then.

• Options

Careful, he does not want his lounge customers upset!
  • Options
    Do a Brighton Palace dressing room on the bar. That'd teach him.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Careful, he does not want his lounge customers upset!
    As he serves food from the Co-Op.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Curb_It said:

Curb_It said:

link?
    That one isn't for linking.

• Options
    Just had a peak at the thread on Fb - some curious replies. Like the woman who calls the OP's original statement "hearsay" when he states there is video evidence of the abuse he suffered in the supermarket? Can't believe any members on there haven't called her out on that?
  • Options
    People too scared to... for fear of being barred! :-)

• Options
    When you say barred, do you mean not allowed in the pub or being hit with an iron bar?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    In the Mill tonight and saw several old friends from the Star. Who've been banned for criticising the Doombar, it was off they said and were promptly chucked out.
  • Options
    In the Mill last night and was sad to see that Noreen was having to have her retirement do there.She'd been a lynchpin of the Star and it comes to this.
  • Options
    My mate who lives in Ladywell, Millwall supporter and no connection to The Star or Plumstead just sent me this.

Infamous!!
  • Options
    Just caught up with the last half of this thread. I drink in there with my brother every time I'm back in the UK and I think my brother uses it all the time. Met the landlord a few times and he always seemed okay to me....

Food is 10/10 for a boozer and bar staff are really nice an all. (I got on really well with the Charlton supporting barmaid who sadly passed away)
  • Options
    Just heard that former landlord & ardent Charlton fan Brian Wilson has died his funeral is tomorrow.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Just heard that former landlord & ardent Charlton fan Brian Wilson has died his funeral is tomorrow.
    How sad. He was good to me.
    RIP Brian.