Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Star Plumstead Common.

Comments

• Obviously a pupil from the Arthur Pringle school of pub landlords....

Do you mind not calling me squire, or chief, or boyo or mate, or any other title YOU PEOPLE have bestowed on me!
  • shirty5 said:

Obviously a pupil from the Arthur Pringle school of pub landlords....

Do you mind not calling me squire, or chief, or boyo or mate, or any other title YOU PEOPLE have bestowed on me!
    And just bloody Agado on the jukebox!
  • iainment said:

I'll be in the Bull in Woolwich on Saturday for the Munster final. Kerry v Cork.
    Up the Kingdom!

Corcaigh Abú, boy.

You can drown your sorrows afterwards in The Mill....
  • iainment said:

iainment said:

I'll be in the Bull in Woolwich on Saturday for the Munster final. Kerry v Cork.
    Up the Kingdom!

Dont take your own Caffreys in mate
    I never take beer in! As you would know from my previous post. Although I'm now told by my partner we're going to The Kingdom in Kilburn. Ciarrai Abu!
    Good stuff...that's 10 more pints going spare in The Bull for me then!! :wink:
  • redsek said:

iainment said:

Up the Kingdom!

Corcaigh Abú, boy.

You can drown your sorrows afterwards in The Mill....
    I don't think Kerry will lie down again like last week. If they get ahead again at the half they'll close it down this time. Having said that those Cork boys look as if they're determined to use the front door this year.
    Up Kerry!
  • Do Cork boys usually use the back door then?
  • Do Cork boys usually use the back door then?

Any holes a goal to them
  • edited July 2015
    TelMc32 said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

Up the Kingdom!

I never take beer in! As you would know from my previous post. Although I'm now told by my partner we're going to The Kingdom in Kilburn. Ciarrai Abu!
    Do they show the hurling in there Tel. Would I have been able to see Tipp last Sunday in the Munster final.

• Curb_It said:

TelMc32 said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

Up the Kingdom!

Do they show the hurling in there Tel. Would I have been able to see Tipp last Sunday in the Munster final.

All GAA games that are on RTE or Sky are shown there. Landlady big fan of hurling.
  • Iainment beat me to it B...yep, all the games are on. Better lay-out in there as well now and 3 decent sized TVs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks. I might try it for the Semi final but my cousin is in a wheelchair. Would we be able to get here in easy enough? Is it just a few steps in to it?

• All GAA games that are on RTE or Sky are shown there. Landlady big fan of hurling.

Village Inn Nuxley village shows all GAA games coupled with the advantage of £2.50 a pint all day long

• ads said:

Do Cork boys usually use the back door then?

Any holes a goal to them
    Any goal is worth 3 points.
  • Curb_It said:

Thanks. I might try it for the Semi final but my cousin is in a wheelchair. Would we be able to get here in easy enough? Is it just a few steps in to it?

Just one step and in. It's a double door so if both sides are open you should be fine.
  • Are you Irish by any chance......
  • Saga Lout said:

Another interesting fact is that the owner decided to re-launch The Star on the weekend that The Old Mill were hosting a 2-day charity "bandfest" in aid of a military charity (SSAFA). I gather the timing was intentional and, as a member of one of the bands performing there, I won't be visiting The Star anytime soon.

What evidence have you gathered that suggests the timing was intentional?
  • I don't think there is any.
    They were supposed to open about 2 or 3 weeks before but had a few setbacks and they couldn't delay it any longer.
  • Anyone on Plumstead people on Facebook can read someones comments here is a taster

I suppose you'll complain about the f*****g prices in here too....you are f*****g barred from my pub...tell all your other f*****g mates at the Old Mill to stay away too."

How to Win Friends and Influence People
    Book by Dale Carnegie
  • Saga Lout said:

Another interesting fact is that the owner decided to re-launch The Star on the weekend that The Old Mill were hosting a 2-day charity "bandfest" in aid of a military charity (SSAFA). I gather the timing was intentional and, as a member of one of the bands performing there, I won't be visiting The Star anytime soon.

What evidence have you gathered that suggests the timing was intentional?
    No evidence whatsoever, just hearsay - it wouldn't stand up in court. :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone on Plumstead people on Facebook can read someones comments here is a taster

I suppose you'll complain about the f*****g prices in here too....you are f*****g barred from my pub...tell all your other f*****g mates at the Old Mill to stay away too."

I'm not on Facebook, can you explain this please.
  • Are you Irish by any chance......

Well you can piss off, we don't serve Micks in here.
  • ‘The Star Plumstead Common' ... could easily be adapted into a TV series as a kind of updated, x rated, knock about Fawlty Towers. Even the title is a contradiction in terms - pure gold!
  • The star is now the new palarseMillwall West ham
  • A couple of anagrams of the The Star is
    The Rats
    Threats

Just saying, thats all.
  • shirty5 said:

This is unbelieveable.