Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Star Plumstead Common.

Comments

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

So the moral of the story is I'm a pain after five pints....

Never mind mate...I'm sure the Cannon St Wetherspoons love you!! :wink:
    I'm a seasoned pro Tel, and most friends would assure you that if you looked beyond the really unfunny jokes, dribbling, cuddling and public crying, its impossible to tell i've been drinking after five pints....

• Options
    Are we missing something here?
    You and your partner each drunk 5 pints. I assume (praps wrongly but I know most women haven't got the capacity to drink pint after pint), your partner is male and the governor is stuck in a time warp?
    I would have thought the aim of a business is to stay in business and sell your product, whatever that maybe to whoever it may be.
    I will cross the Star off my pub list, not that I would ever go there anyway.
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

So the moral of the story is I'm a pain after five pints....

Never mind mate...I'm sure the Cannon St Wetherspoons love you!! :wink:
    I'm a seasoned pro Tel, and most friends would assure you that if you looked beyond the really unfunny jokes, dribbling, cuddling and public crying, its impossible to tell i've been drinking after five pints....

I thought I was reading my own bio there AFKA!! Hic!! *~*
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Viewfinder it hasn't swept away the original features. Its pretty much the same just brightened up and opened up the garden.

That fight on opening night was no fault of theirs tho that was a marine and a para fighting after armed forces Day. 400 people turned up on opening day it was mobbed.

Tho this is a depressing tale.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Dang - the landlord's response on Twitter, here:

To those who question our methods please read the following. Apologies for rude words xx pic.twitter.com/xd7ZXOtD3h

— The Star • Plumstead (@ThePlumstead) July 15, 2015

• Options
    He sounds like a fucking jerk
  • Options
    He seems nice
  • Options
    Well I wasn't rude to him or his staff. He was aggressive and rude to me, for no reason. If he carries on like that he'll have a stroke before long. Or get beaten up by someone who's not as placid as me.
    Fair enough he wants to create a business that reflects his vision but he needs to get some training on how to be mine host.
  • Options
    He should take lessons from Chirpy on how to offer customers a warm welcome
  • Options
    So he wants 'a clientele who aren't rude and abusive' he also mentions 'respect'.... the irony.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    As an aside are there any pubs in Britain without arseholes drinking in it?
  • Options
    I kind of agree with the sentiment......but the delivery could do with a bit of work!

I assume he owns the pub? If not I think he may be getting a tug from those that do.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Well I wasn't rude to him or his staff. He was aggressive and rude to me, for no reason. If he carries on like that he'll have a stroke before long. Or get beaten up by someone who's not as placid as me.
    Fair enough he wants to create a business that reflects his vision but he needs to get some training on how to be mine host.

Highly likely.
    Wonder if he's from Plumstead/ knows the area at all?

Muppet.
  • Options
    Guy sounds like a prick. That statement from him reminds me of when Paul Ince christened himself 'the guv'nor' then quickly realised he'd made himself look a twonk

Although I live nowhere near the place I'm half tempted to see this force of nature at work.

A mate of mine, an ex royal marine no less, used to run the pub in a similar way but without the need or insecurity to try and justify why he was ejecting someone for sniffing coke in his pub. He was never aggressive unless a situation dictated a bit of progressive persuasion and a word in the Shell to behave or not be welcome back. It also helps not mincing around like a bear with a sore head barking on about manners, by all means deal with the idiots but running around bollocking people will just earn him a hiding in due course.
  • Options
    The star has more than it's fair share of arseholes to be truthful
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Racial abuse, isn't that against the law these days? Take it further mate, he'll soon crawl into his shell when the plod come knocking on his door. As for the 5 pints, I think you have done well there for a Tuesday night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    smiffyboy said:

Now now Smiffy its my local . The jury is out on the new guvnor but there appears to be a move to attract the younger element with food and drink at Greenwich prices. Time will tell but I thought he would need to try and keep the original trade and build on that.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Dang - the landlord's response on Twitter, here:

To those who question our methods please read the following. Apologies for rude words xx pic.twitter.com/xd7ZXOtD3h

— The Star • Plumstead (@ThePlumstead) July 15, 2015

Sounds more like a school than a pub. Actually, in Plumstead you'd probably get a better education there than the local school !
  • Options
    'Zero tolerance for idiots', means you can't order until you take an IQ test, unless you show your MENSA membership card.
  • Options

smiffyboy said:

Now now Smiffy its my local . The jury is out on the new guvnor but there appears to be a move to attract the younger element with food and drink at Greenwich prices. Time will tell but I thought he would need to try and keep the original trade and build on that.
    Lol Starin I know them and they are
  • Options
    Under Brian and Jeans stewardship this was a proper Charlton supporting pub with a large number of season ticket holders . Also quite a lot of people supporting other clubs which provided a lot of interest and banter. It will be a real shame if this comes to an end .
  • Options
    Wow. Thats is a fecking ridiculous attitude to have as a manager.
    Its clearly not a chain/3rd party owned pub as he'd never make it with an attitude like that.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

Lol Starin I know them and they are
    There are wrong uns everywhere in life
  • Options
    Is this him?

• Options

Under Brian and Jeans stewardship this was a proper Charlton supporting pub with a large number of season ticket holders . Also quite a lot of people supporting other clubs which provided a lot of interest and banter. It will be a real shame if this comes to an end .

Cant help but feel really disappointed by it all.