Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your Top Five... Boring Spectator Sports

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Will never understand the UFC hype either. Two half naked blokes cuddling each other until one taps his hand on the floor. Yeah it has some good knockouts but so does Dartford High Street on a saturday night. I always feel like people wanna like it just to sound hard.
  • Options
    Motor Racing
    Horse Racing or any horse related sports
    Golf
    Basketball
    American Football
  • Options
    Again in no particular order

(1) Horse Racing
    (2) American Football
    (3) Golf (Hate watching it but enjoy playing it)
    (4) Cricket
    (5) Boxing
  • Options
    1.Diving: jumping into water with style
    2.Sychronized Diving: jumping into water with no style as your mate is next to you taking the piss
    3.Sychronized swimming: pretend drowning with elegance
    4.Gymnastics: anything that relies on opinions of judges(which includes the above)
    =5.Fishing: trying to outwit fish and usually failing
    =5.Cycling: you can win the Tour de France without actually coming first at anything(except drug taking in Armstrong’s case)
  • Options
    F1
    Darts
    Wrestling
    Cycling
    Basketball
  • Options
    Anything involving Scotland.
  • Options

Will never understand the UFC hype either. Two half naked blokes cuddling each other

What's not to like ?
  • Options
    1 Watching CAFC scrape together a squad for next season.
    2 Watching CAFC scrape together a squad for next season.
    3 Watching CAFC scrape together a squad for next season.
    4 Watching CAFC scrape together a squad for next season.
    5 Watching CAFC scrape together a squad for next season.

Of course, it's also repetitive, frustrating, futile, "bumpy", etc.
  • Options
    Anything with cars or horses in.

Although Ben Hur style chariot racing would be very entertaining.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Cycling. Always cycling. Hate it. Then rugby (all forms).

My team at work was swallowed up into the oxymoronical 'Content and Cycling' department, and our boss doesn't give two shits about content. On our away day this week, we had to get a talk by one of Dave Brailsford's mates and watch the TDF for an hour. I was furious. "Oh you are in the movies editorial team are you? Let me tell you about the cobblestones of southern France..."

No, really, don't. I stopped listening three hours ago and have been enjoying a daydream about saving this pub from a terrorist attack.

The cobblestones are in Northern France. It makes the cycling more interesting, honest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Cycling. Always cycling. Hate it. Then rugby (all forms).

My team at work was swallowed up into the oxymoronical 'Content and Cycling' department, and our boss doesn't give two shits about content. On our away day this week, we had to get a talk by one of Dave Brailsford's mates and watch the TDF for an hour. I was furious. "Oh you are in the movies editorial team are you? Let me tell you about the cobblestones of southern France..."

No, really, don't. I stopped listening three hours ago and have been enjoying a daydream about saving this pub from a terrorist attack.

The cobblestones are in Northern France. It makes the cycling more interesting, honest.
    Can't do the Farmer Giles any good though.
  • Options
    darts
    snooker
    synchronised swimming
    dressage
    girls, and boys if they do it, who whirl those ribbons about in leotards on a mat
  • Options
    Fishing
    Test Cricket
    Sailing
    Boxing
    Snooker
  • Options
    There are some really awful ones here. Wish I'd thought of synchronised swimming, gridiron, dressage and wrestling (the shit showbiz fake stuff anyway - I suspect that real wrestling is ok even if it is in the rules that you have to carry a hanky).
  • Options
    If you mean as spectator sport for watching live then I would say cycling.

You stand by the side of the road for a couple of hours, then a bunch of cyclist go past you for a minute or two then you go home to see who won on the telly.
  • Options
    1. Formula 1 - I could happily nominate this 5 times. Absolutely bores me to tears
    2. American football - glorified rugby
    3. Baseball - glorified rounders
    4. Golf (except Ryder Cup)
    5. Fishing - I can't believe they actually televise it!
  • Options
    Golf
    Road Cycling (conversely really like track cycling)
    Marathon Running (again, enjoy track running)
    Basketball
    Rugby League

• Options
    Cricket - unless having a drink while watching
    Rugby - no skill whatsoever unless you are a lard arse or can run fast
    F1 - real petrol heads who attend most forms of motor racing detest it
    Tour de France - even with the gear they're on its dull
    Baseball
  • Options
    Dressage
    Rhythmic Gymnastics
    Netball
    Motorsport (apart from speedway)
    Synchronised Swimming
  • Options
    "Boring" as in my most disliked:

Boxing
    W
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Boxing
    Wrestling
    Greyhound racing
    Archery
    Anything using horses
  • Options
    Fishing, anything with a boat, anything with a horse, darts, most things on snow/ice
  • Options
    Show jumping.
    Dressage,
    Horse racing.
    F1
    Curling.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Cricket - unless having a drink while watching
    Rugby - no skill whatsoever unless you are a lard arse or can run fast
    F1 - real petrol heads who attend most forms of motor racing detest it
    Tour de France - even with the gear they're on its dull
    Baseball

Trying really hard not to bite here....
  • Options
    To be fair, you need to be a lard arse who can also run fast, and drink vomit out of a shoe
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Will never understand the UFC boxing hype either. Two half naked blokes cuddling each other until one taps his hand on the floor. Yeah it has some good knockouts but so does Dartford High Street on a saturday night. I always feel like people wanna like it just to sound hard.

That makes more sense now. I disagree in both instances.

Swimming, it's like running but a lot slower.
    Baseball, even watching it in a Japanese crowd didn't make it exciting.
    American football, nothing happens!
    Basketball, giants taking it in terms to score.
    F1, more about the car than the driver.

I do think people are getting boring mixed up with not liking a sport.
  • Options

Will never understand the UFC boxing hype either. Two half naked blokes cuddling each other until one taps his hand on the floor. Yeah it has some good knockouts but so does Dartford High Street on a saturday night. I always feel like people wanna like it just to sound hard.

Why would anyone like a sport that they thought was boring?
  • Options

Will never understand the UFC hype either. Two half naked blokes cuddling each other until one taps his hand on the floor. Yeah it has some good knockouts but so does Dartford High Street on a saturday night. I always feel like people wanna like it just to sound hard.

I must admit I've only got into UFC over the past couple of years but it is definitely not boring. I probably should add as a whole, sure there can be some dull matches but just like in any sport. The event at the weekend, UFC 189, was without doubt the best I've seen, brilliant matches all with some unbelievable finishes. I'd urge anyone who thinks it's dull to watch that on replay.
  • Options

Why would anyone like a sport that they thought was boring?
    There's sports I don't like, like limited over cricket and Ice Hockey but are they boring? Hardly.
  • Options
    Far too many to name. 5 doesn't even scratch the surface, so I'll walk away now.............