Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chievo friendly in doubt ? (Cancelled, Bolton away now)

13»

Comments

• No decent signings, a purple!! Kit, and now an away trip to Bolton.

I do hope Katrien's on the train home from 't'Reebok'.

I can cope with the purple shirts, a distinct lack of quality signings, but Bolton for goodness sake..
  • I would imagine Bolton have similar sentiments.
  • Not great for the fans but I think better for the managers and players which is the point of pre-season friendlies I suppose.
  • Was told this morning Bolton are paying all expenses (coach/hotel etc.) and letting Charlton use their training ground the day before and on the day of the game.

Good for the players as well if you ask me. If they leave after the game on Friday night, they'll get home at say 2am and be able to spend the rest of the weekend with their families.

Not ideal for our fans, but a good run out and test for the players a week before the season starts.

There might be some good music festivals on too
  • Not great for the fans but I think better for the managers and players which is the point of pre-season friendlies I suppose.

Exactly, Muttley.

Whatever we as fans think of the fixture, it does provide the standard of opposition needed to prepare for the start of the coming season.

• shirty5 said:

I understand the reasons, but it seems a daft idea, why not somewhere a bit more local, I'm sure there'd be plenty of lower league clubs who'd love to play against us (Millwall) for a start.

Though I'm surprised the alarm bells were not ringing at the football club, when Verona had announced 3 friendlies in 3 days! Hope we didn't send them an appearance fee.
    Exactly. I thought that at the time, but as I didn't give a stuff, I didn't mention it.
  • Was told this morning Bolton are paying all expenses (coach/hotel etc.) and letting Charlton use their training ground the day before and on the day of the game.

That's t'problem with predictive text, you start off typing a message to Chelsea offering to pay all expenses out of a reasonable gate and loads of cockney away fans spending their dosh and t'bloody thing goes off to Charlton and you don't notice until it's too late and they've accepted and you are looking at a gate of one man and his dog and six trainspotters singing your grounds too big for you and having to cancel the order for an extra 2k meat pies...
  • Gumbo said:

Was I the only one looking down her top at her tits?

Yes