Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UFC Thread

1343536373840»

Comments

• Options
    UFC 300 is awful, can't believe that main event.... genuinely embarrassing as the main events on the previous 2 numbered cards are better. 

Conor McGregor is washed, coked up coward with a fucking big mouth. Never going to fight again mark my words.

Last night was absolutely amazing. Really sad Volk lost but saw it coming, I hope he gets another run to the top, I really like him as a fighter and a person.  

Got up at 2.30 to watch the end of the prelims and the whole card, that and UFC 299 are going to be amazing. 
  • Options
    Isn't McGregor supposed to be fighting Chandler in June?
  • Options
    What he says after several lines of coke and a load of shit whiskey probably isn't the most reliable source. 

https://www.mmamania.com/2024/1/21/24045907/dana-white-says-no-to-conor-mcgregor-fighting-in-june

He's having too much fun boxing old men in pubs to risk his reputation fighting Chandler who would undoubtedly fold him in half. 

Chandler's who I feel sorry for as his career is being kept on hold, chasing a massive payday which most people can see will never come. 
  • Options
    UFC 300 is only disappointing because Dana hyped it up to something it couldn't possibly be. Only Jones v Aspinal/Stipe, Du Plessis V Adesanya/Strickland or Conor (who Huskaris has summed up perfectly) v Chandler could have delivered that. The last one being weird as it would be non-title and Chandler will smash him quick. I would personally add Makhachev v Oliveira but i'm probably in the minority there.

Light-heavyweight is probably the weakest division in the UFC. Last night and O'Malley v Vera are far more interesting.
  • Options
    UFC 300 is only disappointing because Dana hyped it up to something it couldn't possibly be. Only Jones v Aspinal/Stipe, Du Plessis V Adesanya/Strickland or Conor (who Huskaris has summed up perfectly) v Chandler could have delivered that. The last one being weird as it would be non-title and Chandler will smash him quick. I would personally add Makhachev v Oliveira but i'm probably in the minority there.

Light-heavyweight is probably the weakest division in the UFC. Last night and O'Malley v Vera are far more interesting.
    Completely agree with this, and I would have loved any of those fights you listed. Jones v Aspinal would be my favourite fight in the world right now... 

Read quite an interesting article saying that there isn't really the individual "star power" on active fighters on the roster these days, and I'm inclined to agree, plenty of great fighters but not so many that are the "superstars" that make you feel like you simply can't miss it.

I think Dana thought he would have been able to pull a lot more matchups out of the hat than he ended up being able to... 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Completely agree with this, and I would have loved any of those fights you listed. Jones v Aspinal would be my favourite fight in the world right now... 

Read quite an interesting article saying that there isn't really the individual "star power" on active fighters on the roster these days, and I'm inclined to agree, plenty of great fighters but not so many that are the "superstars" that make you feel like you simply can't miss it.

I think Dana thought he would have been able to pull a lot more matchups out of the hat than he ended up being able to... 
    I saw that Leon was offered 3x different fighters for UFC 300 one day after the other, he accepted all of them but they couldn't come to agreed terms with any of the 3 of them. Respect to Leon but how much must they have been low balling these fighters to headline 300 to have none of them agree to headlining one of the biggest cards in UFC history
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    UFC 300 is awful, can't believe that main event.... genuinely embarrassing as the main events on the previous 2 numbered cards are better. 

Conor McGregor is washed, coked up coward with a fucking big mouth. Never going to fight again mark my words.

Last night was absolutely amazing. Really sad Volk lost but saw it coming, I hope he gets another run to the top, I really like him as a fighter and a person.  

Got up at 2.30 to watch the end of the prelims and the whole card, that and UFC 299 are going to be amazing. 
    Calling Conor McGregor a coward and washed up is pretty wild. He's certainly not a coward, his fighting resume will tell anyone that, and most fighters are out of their prime by their mid 30s. On his come up he was genuinely one of the best fighters in the world and he proved it. Unfortunately, his success ended up being his downfall, and his peace cost him his strength.

You've highlighted Jones, but not called him a coward, I wonder why? Jones; hit and run, attacked his partner, cocaine and steroids while being active, and one of the biggest eye pokers in the game. Not disputing his fighting skills and some of his wins, but to have an outburst on Conor McGregor and not Jones when mentioning both, seems peculiar to me.

Whether you like it or not, McGregor changed the UFC forever, and he's a huge reason why the sport is where it is now. Before McGregor, UFC wasn't anywhere near as popular as it is now. 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Calling Conor McGregor a coward and washed up is pretty wild. He's certainly not a coward, his fighting resume will tell anyone that, and most fighters are out of their prime by their mid 30s. On his come up he was genuinely one of the best fighters in the world and he proved it. Unfortunately, his success ended up being his downfall, and his peace cost him his strength.

You've highlighted Jones, but not called him a coward, I wonder why? Jones; hit and run, attacked his partner, cocaine and steroids while being active, and one of the biggest eye pokers in the game. Not disputing his fighting skills and some of his wins, but to have an outburst on Conor McGregor and not Jones when mentioning both, seems peculiar to me.

Whether you like it or not, McGregor changed the UFC forever, and he's a huge reason why the sport is where it is now. Before McGregor, UFC wasn't anywhere near as popular as it is now. 
    Really enjoyed this post and agree with a lot of it. McGregor is washed and a coward though. Jones is definitely a scumbag in his personal life, and wants the Stipe fight over Aspinal (I'd strip him of the title personally) but the big difference between Jones and McGregor is the way McGregor runs his mouth. That works when you back it up, but his glory days are long, long behind him. 

I completely agree with what you say regarding everything McGregor has done for the UFC, and his ability in his prime, and I would 100% be wanting to watch any fight he is in without a doubt! What I hate about McGregor is he acts like he wants to fight but never does, he's all fart and no poo. 

He's washed and a coward.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I saw that Leon was offered 3x different fighters for UFC 300 one day after the other, he accepted all of them but they couldn't come to agreed terms with any of the 3 of them. Respect to Leon but how much must they have been low balling these fighters to headline 300 to have none of them agree to headlining one of the biggest cards in UFC history
    I thought the same when i heard Dana say that. I guess Belal and Shavkat are 2 of the 3. As much as i like Leon he isn't the big superstar UFC 300 main eventer. It's another weak division on that front.

No one isn't dismissing what Conor achieved but he's a different person these days. The last person he called out was KSI.
  • Options
    Talking of Edwards, with Volk lossing he's now the longest reigning UFC champion!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huskaris said:

Love Leon Edwards, a real champ. I must admit I was incredibly surprised when he beat Usman, and also surprised when he retained it, but insanely delighted too!
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I thought the same when i heard Dana say that. I guess Belal and Shavkat are 2 of the 3. As much as i like Leon he isn't the big superstar UFC 300 main eventer. It's another weak division on that front.

No one isn't dismissing what Conor achieved but he's a different person these days. The last person he called out was KSI.
    I think a big part of it as how often events are these days. When I started watching back in the days of UFC 30 odd, you'd get one a month perhaps with a decent card each time. You look at UFC 100 & 200 vs 300 and they were stacked.

Sure they've got a much bigger roster these days but if you're having to fill out events on an almost weekly basis the overall quality is bound to drop. Most of the top guys were also fighting 3 times a year, whereas now it's generally two.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Huskaris said:

Really enjoyed this post and agree with a lot of it. McGregor is washed and a coward though. Jones is definitely a scumbag in his personal life, and wants the Stipe fight over Aspinal (I'd strip him of the title personally) but the big difference between Jones and McGregor is the way McGregor runs his mouth. That works when you back it up, but his glory days are long, long behind him. 

I completely agree with what you say regarding everything McGregor has done for the UFC, and his ability in his prime, and I would 100% be wanting to watch any fight he is in without a doubt! What I hate about McGregor is he acts like he wants to fight but never does, he's all fart and no poo. 

He's washed and a coward.
    McGregor has ran his mouth and backed it up on multiple occasions though. He is more of a social media drama queen now though, I'll say that much. He says a lot of stuff to generate interest on social media. 

Fair enough, you just don't like McGregor by the sounds of things. Personally, I'm not too keen on him returning, the loss he had versus Dustin would never have happened if he was active, I also think Chandler is a bit too powerful for him and would finish him. I'd rather not see it as again in his prime, Chandler wouldn't be able to get near him.

• Options
    Huskaris said:

The crazy thing is apparently Belal wasn't one of those 3 which is mental!
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

WTF? What does Belal need to do to get a title shot?! 

https://youtu.be/W9NiNBpK7ag?si=-zGA3m5rvMhCi4A_
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

WTF? What does Belal need to do to get a title shot?! 

https://youtu.be/W9NiNBpK7ag?si=-zGA3m5rvMhCi4A_
    I reckon they already tried to do Belal vs Leon a couple months ago but couldn't get it done. There'd been a lot of rumours that it was going to be main event of 300 then it just never happened so think they already tried to get it sorted but couldn't agree terms.

Either way UFC is clearly low balling all these fighters to not be able to get a big fight set up for one of their biggest events ever for months.

Found that promo cut so cringe. It's actually a bit embarrassing for Chandler, he's been waiting on this McGregor fight for so long he's clearly desperate for it. 
  • Options
    Makhachev was apparently one of the three, now that's a UFC main event! Does seem Dana is low balling which is bizarre with the funds they have.

Probably says a lot about me that i liked Chandler's promo. 😕
  • Options
    Another great card tonight, really looking forward to how Saint Denis does against a world champion calibre opponent but the whole of the main card is stacked. Holland v MVP will be fun.

I maintain that Merab beats Vera and O'Malley.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    What he says after several lines of coke and a load of shit whiskey probably isn't the most reliable source. 

https://www.mmamania.com/2024/1/21/24045907/dana-white-says-no-to-conor-mcgregor-fighting-in-june

He's having too much fun boxing old men in pubs to risk his reputation fighting Chandler who would undoubtedly fold him in half. 

Chandler's who I feel sorry for as his career is being kept on hold, chasing a massive payday which most people can see will never come. 
    McGregor v Chandler officially announced for UFC 303 on 29 June.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Max fucking Holloway. I love that man.
    ‘I’m the best boxer in the UFC’
    Teaching Ortega how to block
    And now instigating two swang and bang moments in the last 10 seconds of fights he was easily winning.

What a legend.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

McGregor v Chandler officially announced for UFC 303 on 29 June.
    I am as shocked as I am excited. I take it all back!
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Max fucking Holloway. I love that man.
    ‘I’m the best boxer in the UFC’
    Teaching Ortega how to block
    And now instigating two swang and bang moments in the last 10 seconds of fights he was easily winning.

What a legend.
    That's what makes him an all time great for fans. 

He had everything to lose doing that, so much respect for him. Deserves the $600k in bonuses!

Pereira had me cracking up how he gets kicked in the dick, tells Herb Dean to not stop the fight and then sparks Hill, hilarious. 
  • Options
    When they were building the card I thought it was a stupid match up with Gaethje being far too big for Max. That spin kick at the end of the first probably changed the fight and Gaethje is a warrior for how he kept going until the last 2 seconds. Llia Topuria looked pretty nervous during the post fight interview.

Strange card, quite a few names that shouldn't be on the prelims then Bo Nickal v Cody Brundage in on the main card!

No idea how Poirier has received a title shot and Oliveira had to fight Arman Tsarukyan!