Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is Bulot signing for Charlton or not? has RD messed up? (and do we really care anyway?)

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Chrispy51 said:

What people aren't considering is that maybe he has realised that standard isn't the best club as head of the network they have fans that demand they challenge to win the Belgian league each year which involves significant investment. SL fans aren't known for their patience and understanding either.

Perhaps he sees that with a push we can get to the premier league. Then 'all' he has to do is keep us there and the money will flow in.

If we are in the premier league we will have the pick of many players across Europe who want to play in the premier league. We can then loan them to other teams in the stable-in the same way SL currently does.

Just my thoughts...

I can't imagine many players who are of a standard fit for the PL playing for the remaining network clubs or that making financial sense. Surely their wages would be unaffordable?

The way to profit from the PL money is a) go up and don't spend, accepting relegation or b) sell on promotion. Otherwise you have to spend the money in order to try to stay up.
  • Chrispy51 said:

What people aren't considering is that maybe he has realised that standard isn't the best club as head of the network they have fans that demand they challenge to win the Belgian league each year which involves significant investment. SL fans aren't known for their patience and understanding either.

Perhaps he sees that with a push we can get to the premier league. Then 'all' he has to do is keep us there and the money will flow in.

If we are in the premier league we will have the pick of many players across Europe who want to play in the premier league. We can then loan them to other teams in the stable-in the same way SL currently does.

Just my thoughts...

Great!
    Where's the evidence

• Chrispy51 said:

Just my thoughts...

If that's the case then he isn't pushing particularly hard so far this summer !
  • Chrispy51 said:

Just my thoughts...

I can't imagine many players who are of a standard fit for the PL playing for the remaining network clubs or that making financial sense. Surely their wages would be unaffordable?

The way to profit from the PL money is a) go up and don't spend, accepting relegation or b) sell on promotion. Otherwise you have to spend the money in order to try to stay up.
    I suppose there is a middle way, spending a bit (not too much) but hoping players acquire higher values and sell some if you get relegated, but give yourself half a chance of staying up. At least if you do get relegated you have parachute money but if you do stay up like Palace have done, you can become stronger as a club.
  • vffvff
    edited July 2015

Chrispy51 said:

Just my thoughts...

Great!
    Where's the evidence

Chrispy51 said:

Just my thoughts...

Great!
    Where's the evidence

Not much evidence so far of a push for promotion this season. There is about the same chance that selling of Liege by RD would result in a push for a promotion as preparing to sell the club at some near to medium point in the future.
  • seth plum said:

I think that if there were scales of balance Roland is a bit more likely to want to sell than to want to invest now that Liege is out of the picture.
    The Gomez money is handy to mitigate against losses, if he can sort out getting Tucadean, PP, Reza, Wiggy, Harriott, Piggot, Pope, JBG and possibly Cousins and Vetokele out for a fee, then he will be able to cut his losses, and sell the club and probably come out of it unscathed. In addition if he sells soonish, and obfuscates the training ground development so he is not having to spend there, he will probably be comfortable and settled and able to watch his beloved St Truidin in the top league.
    If Roland stays with us, then he has a shed load of grief and expense to come in order to make it work even as a player farm. As he doesn't come to matches he can hardly be said to have any fondness or emotional attachment to Charlton Athletic, but there may be a latent sense of loyalty to Guy and Katrien for him to take into account.

Christ, how depressing is your scenario.

If he does that, we won't be able to field a team, unless most of it is Academy players.

I hope you're not right.
  • seth plum said:

I think that if there were scales of balance Roland is a bit more likely to want to sell than to want to invest now that Liege is out of the picture.
    The Gomez money is handy to mitigate against losses, if he can sort out getting Tucadean, PP, Reza, Wiggy, Harriott, Piggot, Pope, JBG and possibly Cousins and Vetokele out for a fee, then he will be able to cut his losses, and sell the club and probably come out of it unscathed. In addition if he sells soonish, and obfuscates the training ground development so he is not having to spend there, he will probably be comfortable and settled and able to watch his beloved St Truidin in the top league.
    If Roland stays with us, then he has a shed load of grief and expense to come in order to make it work even as a player farm. As he doesn't come to matches he can hardly be said to have any fondness or emotional attachment to Charlton Athletic, but there may be a latent sense of loyalty to Guy and Katrien for him to take into account.

If he does that, we won't be able to field a team, unless most of it is Academy players.

I hope you're not right.
    Don't you worry that he might be ?

We were the first team to know for sure which division we'd be playing in next season - think about the obvious advantage that gives us in our transfer window recruitment strategy, it hasn't been taken.
  • Nothing would surprise me with RD.
  • seth plum said:

I hope you're not right.
    I write in the context that we are manifestly a loss making enterprise.

It is speculation on my part, but something that seems to be a possibility.

If you look at the money side of it, well the net fixed asset has been the pitch and the new seats, and presumably the electronic ticket system to pay for. However there has been huge savings made for a start on non football staff costs with a slash and burn approach. There has been rather confusing player churn...on the one hand money has arrived for Gomez and Kermogant for example, but there has been the Lepoint malarkey, but also spending on other players...Polish Pete and Vetokele are examples. I am assuming the money has been lodged against Charlton Athletic as a trading concern and recorded as debt rather than as a benevolent donation from Roland.
    A lot of my doubt would be assuaged if Roland fronted up the money for the Sparrows Lane development, but nice drawings are not actual buildings are they?
    I can envisage a time when we are down very much on our uppers, and we are in a Gareth Aisworth or Neil Harris type situation, and the carpetbaggers have packed up and gone leaving Keith Peacock and Johnnie Jackson to pick up the pieces.

Everybody decamps to Belgium this week, time for long evenings where the principal movers and shakers settle down with wine and cigars to chew the fat and take stock, and summer holidays are notorious times for people to take decisions regarding the future, and to decide to make dramatic changes in their lives. Just look at holidaymakers sussing out the contents of Estate Agents windows everywhere, and then making (often stupid) decision to sell up and move out.

As I have said it is all speculation on my part and time will tell.
    Results will be a massive indicator, as will the trucks driving down Sparrows Lane.

• I am disappointed Bulot is not signing as he is genuinely a talent on the left hand side and was getting better and better.

People saying he was rubbish before he went to the African Nations are not looking into it properly, the guy was hardly used on the left hand side and was either on the bench or given a few minutes. Big Bob wanted his wide men to cut in on their favoured foot which is why he played cousins on left and JBG on the right. Bulot was only ever played on right hand side when JBG was injured or behind the striker.
  • Sponsored links:

• As good as he was during our purple patch I suspect that his salary expectations (and his current deal) along with the transfer deal we are expteced to pay for him make the decision a little more complicated that it just being a case of ''Is he good enough for our side?'.
  • Set to be unveiled by Reims in a press conference at 12:15 today

Bye bye Freddie
  • well thats pissed me off .
  • not happy but if we have certain budgets and wage limits then I'd rather we stuck by them and get in someone who is within these.
  • Not signing Bulot is more likely to be related to money than sequences of events. As I have suggested above, if it is an indicator of anything, it is to me an indicator that Duchatelet wants out.
  • not happy but if we have certain budgets and wage limits then I'd rather we stuck by them and get in someone who is within these.

Depends what those are does it not?

If we can't afford championship players we won't be here long.
  • edited July 2015

Stade de Reims ‏@Stade_de_Reims 9m9 minutes ago
    Bienvenue @FredericBulot qui rejoint le #SDR pour deux saisons. Le milieu offensif portera le numéro 18 #TeamSDR

Welcome @FredericBulot who joined the #SDR for two seasons. The midfielder numbered 18 #TeamSDR
  • F you Charlton and Double F you Liege.
  • FREDDY BULOT TO STADE DE REIMS ON A 2 YEAR DEAL

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2015
    could be that they've offered more than our valuation of Bulot, I don't think its wages necessarily. RD has clear ideas on budgets etc, it appears once a player starts peaking he's generally off our radar, because this doesn't fit the business model. Sure pay more for Strikers, but that is because scoring goals is valued much higher than anything else in our game.
  • Shame, not surprised he's gone, i think this one went cold a while back, good luck Freddie, hope Roland's got some aces up his sleeve.
  • big deal he had a good 3/4 months . we move on
  • 'CHARLTON have missed out on signing Frederic Bulot.

Stade de Reims have announced the signing of the former Standard Liege man this lunchtime. The player spent time at The Valley last season.

Bulot has agreed a two-year deal and it is believed the deal was on a free.'

from the ever reliable Sevenoaks Cronicle.
  • Unhappy about this. Bulot would have been a key player this year and I suspect we had him in our grasp. Won't panic for another couple of weeks but have a developing uneasy feeling about our squad.

• Stade de Reims ‏@Stade_de_Reims 9m9 minutes ago
    Bienvenue @FredericBulot qui rejoint le #SDR pour deux saisons. Le milieu offensif portera le numéro 18 #TeamSDR

Welcome @FredericBulot who joined the #SDR for two seasons. The midfielder numbered 18 #TeamSDR
    Is that our new home shirt?
  • Don't think he was the best but he was certainly championship standard and with a paper thin squad we need(ed) to keep hold of those that were up to the grade.

Three new, untested players in with TBH, Gomez, Bulot and a raft of other experienced squad players gone says we are definitely weaker than last year in both quality and quantity at the moment in my opinion.

If RD has lots of other options then great but i am a long way from convinced and we are a long way from a reasonable squad.
  • Bulot had a successful ANC and on his return was played in his correct position and shone. Roland should have ensured the transfer went through before he sold SL making any fee irrelevant. The fact that he was already training with us at the time suggests an agreement on wages. Cock-up by Staprix.
  • Bulot had a successful ANC and on his return was played in his correct position and shone. Roland should have ensured the transfer went through before he sold SL making any fee irrelevant. The fact that he was already training with us at the time suggests an agreement on wages. Cock-up by Staprix.

Sue parkes made a good coment regarding this, for all we know the sale of SL has probably been in the pipeline for a few months and by the time Guy knew he wanted Bulot on a perm deal it could have been to late and effected the sale or conditions of the sale.

As Sue said to someone on Facebook those that have sold a house will know that at a certain point things become impossible to sort out without compromising the sale