Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is Bulot signing for Charlton or not? has RD messed up? (and do we really care anyway?)

Comments

• But let's get this straight... Am I right in saying that no credible source has yet said that the deal is off?

There's nothing from the club and nothing from local news outlets. Nothing either from Belgium to the effect of "the deal is off between Charlton and Standard".

Only l'Equipe in France have reported interest from Reims.

The screenshots do appear the real deal but some people will do anything for 24 hours of social media attention these days. Does any know what the source's track record is like for such scoops?

The biggest indicator of where things are with Bulot will be whether he is involved tomorrow afternoon. If he isn't, then we can let the conspiracies begin.
  • edited July 2015
    And you still ain't named this goal scoring winger who happens to be moping around in a European club's stiffs just gagging to score goals for a Charlton Athletic.....
  • Would have liked him, but let's remember Bulot pre- African Nations Cup was pretty rubbish. If we signed him on a long term deal could you be sure we'd get the player that came back from the tournament re-invigorated ?
  • This could turn out to be a worse window than the time Cash f***d off with the ....Cash, and left Jimenez and The other slimy fella high and dry.

Charlton really do never cease to amaze!
  • Using the RD formula, he has only 3̶5̶0̶ 347 weeks (and counting) left to make a difference. He needs to get his act together. To attain the love and appreciation he so craves, Charlton have to be transformed into a promotion winning side.

Come on Roland, you can’t take it with you and week 348 looms ever closer. We need Bulot and a few more besides!
  • edited July 2015
    http://mobile.newsnow.co.uk/A/782162708?-11197:833:t

Odd link to the OS saying Bulot is training with us while clubs negotiate, timed yesterday morning and now doesn't work
  • According to yesterdays SLP, Bulot has been granted dispensation by Standard Liege to train and even play in Charlton's forthcoming friendlies.
  • edited July 2015
    I guess the idea of Liege still being in the informal Network can be put to bed then
  • What can have gone so completely wrong with Liege and Charlton that they do not allegedly want to deal with us any longer or is it purely Reims have bid more than us for Freddie and Bulots tweet is just lost in the translation. ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Really liked Bulot towards the end of the season. When played in his proper position he kicked off the superb run that kept us in the league when things were looking bad and maintained his form throughout it. Bulot was the catalyst for us maintaining our Championship status. Can't believe there are people shrugging their shoulders at the idea the transfer might be off, especially with the size of our squad and the lack of any rumours at present
  • Really liked Bulot towards the end of the season. When played in his proper position he kicked off the superb run that kept us in the league when things were looking bad and maintained his form throughout it. Bulot was the catalyst for us maintaining our Championship status. Can't believe there are people shrugging their shoulders at the idea the transfer might be off, especially with the size of our squad and the lack of any rumours at present

I wasn't his biggest fan to start with but he was a different player after the African Nation's Cup and a real threat on the counter. He may be a bit expensive but I'm sure we'd have to pay a lot more for an equivalent. Sign him up Roland!
  • edited July 2015
    razil said:

I guess the idea of Liege still being in the informal Network can be put to bed then

It could be. But you can bet your life that it won't.
  • shirty5 said:

According to yesterdays SLP, Bulot has been granted dispensation by Standard Liege to train and even play in Charlton's forthcoming friendlies.

Be interesting if he appears today then... If he does we need to give him a really good reception to show him how much we the fans appreciate him and how much we'd like him to stay

What does surprise me though is when fans say that he wasnt that good until he returned from the African Nations Cup...

- Signed on loan at the end of August
    - Only bad luck stopped him scoring @ Rotherham on his debut in September
    - Got an Assist against Birmingham at the Valley in October
    - Picked up a Hamstring against Fulham (Also in October)
    - This ruled him out until January by which time he'd gone on International Duty
    This is definitely a convenient revision of history. I can't be bothered to look up how many games he played in after Fulham but before the ACN but he definitely came off the bench at Ipswich - I remember because his performance was terrible (he wasn't alone that night either!).
  • Revenue at Standard Liege after his successful loan season at Charlton Athletic (Championship , English L2) , Frédéric Bulot (24 years) should not perform in Rouches his last year of contract. According to information gathered by Footafrica365.fr , Stade de Reims would be taken action to secure the services of Gabonese international midfielder , and thus compensate possible departures in this sector of the game. The talks are well under way . The player is expected Monday in the Champagne city.
    PJ ( Writing Football365 / FootSud ) - See more at : http://www.footafrica365.fr/article_724612_Reims-Bulot-en-approche.shtml#sthash.WxKr4zOL.dpuf
  • Rich Cawley usually has the best info on things, said there'd be more on Bulot in today's SLP, let's see what he has to say
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

cafctom said:

Well we brought in Bulot for a loan without spending anything on a transfer fee. I'm sure he is not the only one of his quality out there who can have a couple of months of good form and score a few goals.

Not saying its an easy task, but the way some are going on about it on here you would have thought we'd had said 'no thanks' to Cristiano Ronaldo.

Just calm down and see what happens - the window doesn't close for another seven and a half weeks!

I'm perfectly calm. I just find it irritating the way some posters believe it's a piece of piss to replace Buyens, Bulot, Yann, TBH etc....
    It's the football manager generation who haven't got a clue about the values of team spirit and Championship experience. Do we really want to be starting from scratch every summer? That leads to mediocrity at the very best, and disaster at the worst.

Football Manager generation? Not really. I've not said anything about Yann or any of those other players being replaceable have I?

What I can confidently say is that none of those four players that you mentioned came in under much fanfare or delight. Many didn't think they would be solid first team players on the whole - but they were.

My point being that there are many players out there who are capable of doing what Frederick Bulot does - he isn't one of a kind like you're making him out to be. I don't have to name them to make that point - as there are probably one or two on the books at every Premier League club who aren't getting a look in for a start.
  • cafctom said:

Valley11 said:

cafctom said:

Well we brought in Bulot for a loan without spending anything on a transfer fee. I'm sure he is not the only one of his quality out there who can have a couple of months of good form and score a few goals.

Not saying its an easy task, but the way some are going on about it on here you would have thought we'd had said 'no thanks' to Cristiano Ronaldo.

Just calm down and see what happens - the window doesn't close for another seven and a half weeks!

I'm perfectly calm. I just find it irritating the way some posters believe it's a piece of piss to replace Buyens, Bulot, Yann, TBH etc....
    It's the football manager generation who haven't got a clue about the values of team spirit and Championship experience. Do we really want to be starting from scratch every summer? That leads to mediocrity at the very best, and disaster at the worst.

Football Manager generation? Not really. I've not said anything about Yann or any of those other players being replaceable have I?

What I can confidently say is that none of those four players that you mentioned came in under much fanfare or delight. Many didn't think they would be solid first team players on the whole - but they were.

My point being that there are many players out there who are capable of doing what Frederick Bulot does - he isn't one of a kind like you're making him out to be. I don't have to name them to make that point - as there are probably one or two on the books at every Premier League club who aren't getting a look in for a start.
    He provides natural balance, energy, goal threat and defensive quality from that position. They aren't ten a penny
  • Is it possible that RD is backing out of football completely,bit by bit? Selling Standard is an odd thing to do if he still believes in the network model. And if he no longer believes in it why would he keep any of his clubs?
    If he is planning to sell Charlton he will not want to spend too much of the Gomez money on new players.
  • The network without Liege is pointless.

Roland won't make money from running the rest of his clubs as they don't have players which are worth much.

Having out of favour players like Bulot shipped to us for a season was beneficial. I can't see Ujpest and Alocoron reserves having the same impact!
  • I hope he signs. Good player and after years waiting for a leftsided player I thought we had it sorted.

I hope all those that do not mind, also do not mind Cousins out on the left.
  • Roland appears not to have transferred his deposit account to St Truiden so perhaps his flirtation with football is over like his dalliance with politics. Expect zero investment bar loans and a sale by Xmas.
  • I think that if there were scales of balance Roland is a bit more likely to want to sell than to want to invest now that Liege is out of the picture.
    The Gomez money is handy to mitigate against losses, if he can sort out getting Tucadean, PP, Reza, Wiggy, Harriott, Piggot, Pope, JBG and possibly Cousins and Vetokele out for a fee, then he will be able to cut his losses, and sell the club and probably come out of it unscathed. In addition if he sells soonish, and obfuscates the training ground development so he is not having to spend there, he will probably be comfortable and settled and able to watch his beloved St Truidin in the top league.
    If Roland stays with us, then he has a shed load of grief and expense to come in order to make it work even as a player farm. As he doesn't come to matches he can hardly be said to have any fondness or emotional attachment to Charlton Athletic, but there may be a latent sense of loyalty to Guy and Katrien for him to take into account.
  • What people aren't considering is that maybe he has realised that standard isn't the best club as head of the network they have fans that demand they challenge to win the Belgian league each year which involves significant investment. SL fans aren't known for their patience and understanding either.

Perhaps he sees that with a push we can get to the premier league. Then 'all' he has to do is keep us there and the money will flow in.

If we are in the premier league we will have the pick of many players across Europe who want to play in the premier league. We can then loan them to other teams in the stable-in the same way SL currently does.

Just my thoughts...
  • edited July 2015
    The Liege loans etc haven't been that great have they, the scouting and aquisition networks are key, maybe with sttv up and charlton in the picture, liege are an expensive duplication?