Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is Bulot signing for Charlton or not? has RD messed up? (and do we really care anyway?)

Discuss..

(Thought this deserved a thread of its own)

Comments

• I still have hope that it's going through in our favour but something about it hasn't felt right all summer.

Think Roland has dropped the ball in not completing the Bulot transfer before selling the club to his mate. Sounds like his mate has stuck two fingers up and want to sell him to the highest bidder instead.
  • No one really knows the real reason why it's not happened, but it hasn't, and it definitely looks now that it won't.
  • Think we've just got to wait and see... It might have been called off or it could just be journalist rubbish

i.e. when have L'Equip got anything right involving us, they got it wrong with Delort and Baheback
  • On the Facebook group Bulot was speaking to a fan on Twitter and said that the deal was off,

Personally I think he is a good player and it's
    a shame but at the same time he isn't the best player we've ever had in our history!
  • My feeling is that RD really isn't all that bothered about Bulot. If he was he'd be a Charlton player by now.
  • On the Facebook group Bulot was speaking to a fan on Twitter and said that the deal was off,

Personally I think he is a good player and it's
    a shame but at the same time he isn't the best player we've ever had in our history!

Are we 100% sure it was Bulot though!!??!?
  • We should bill Bulots agent for a couple of weeks training in SL....
  • edited July 2015
    Heard the deal is off, and he is going to France, as they are going to pay a fee for him to Liege.

He would have improved our squad so I'm a little disappointed, decent wingers that are good going forward and back aren't easy to find.
  • On the Facebook group Bulot was speaking to a fan on Twitter

And there is the problem.....
  • Ive been trying to send a pic of the twitter convo which ws on faceache but dont know how to, no idea if it is bulot or not
  • Sponsored links:

• Disappointed if he does not sign now, as we need the players in and he proved himself as a good player in this league during the second half of last season.

Considering he wanted to sign for us and until a month ago Roland was still the Liege owner, if this deal does not happen now, then no question, it is a big screw up.
  • Sorry don't know how to do it!
  • Not too fussed really. Thought he was OK, and he was able to score goals without ever really standing out. There are other wingers out there who can do what he does.
  • Well good job Wigan didn't meet our valuation n'est pas?
  • I'm concerned because Bulot is of the standard we need to be signing. We wanted him. He wanted us. Happy days. If we are going to fall back on Callum then we're not improving the squad. Who comes instead of Freddy will be a gamble. I don't think Freddy was.
  • Sponsored links:

• For the last 1 1/2 years people have moaned about us getting players from the so called mother ship, now there moaning we are not getting him from there. Roland can't win(yes I know he has sold up) no one knows who we will sign or when just sit back and enjoy your summer ☺
  • cafctom said:

Not too fussed really. Thought he was OK, and he was able to score goals without ever really standing out. There are other wingers out there who can do what he does.

I don't understand this. He was head and shoulders above Harriott and that is what we are left with. Massively disappointed if he doesn't sign. A deal must have been close for him to be training with us so I've not given up hope yet.
    He might be head and shoulders above Harriott but then again that doesn't mean he is the only winger out there capable of doing a job. Even Callum Harriott has had blistering 1-2 month spells in his time here, like Bulot did.
  • Retweeting his Charlton highlights video from a Reims fan.

• Valley11 said:

cafctom said:

Not too fussed really. Thought he was OK, and he was able to score goals without ever really standing out. There are other wingers out there who can do what he does.

Like?

Bulot had learned how to play in the Championship and how to play in this team. Utterly stupid not to sign him.
    Bulot was hanging around in Liege's reserve side and nobody here had heard of him when he came - there will be many others in Europe who are in a similar spot, and similarly could be just as successful.

I would have preferred we had signed him as he has fitted in, as you say. Then again, I'm not overly upset that we haven't either.
  • cafctom said:

Valley11 said:

cafctom said:

Like?

Bulot had learned how to play in the Championship and how to play in this team. Utterly stupid not to sign him.
    Bulot was hanging around in Liege's reserve side and nobody here had heard of him when he came - there will be many others in Europe who are in a similar spot, and similarly could be just as successful.

I would have preferred we had signed him as he has fitted in, as you say. Then again, I'm not overly upset that we haven't either.
    Goal scoring wingers we can afford you say. Like who?
  • Seems like A bit of a mountain to climb, and reminiscent of last year, too early to hit the panic button tho - not quite sure when it isnt tho
  • Well we brought in Bulot for a loan without spending anything on a transfer fee. I'm sure he is not the only one of his quality out there who can have a couple of months of good form and score a few goals.

Not saying its an easy task, but the way some are going on about it on here you would have thought we'd had said 'no thanks' to Cristiano Ronaldo.

Just calm down and see what happens - the window doesn't close for another seven and a half weeks!
  • We were given the impression he was staying plus we need bodies, pretty understandable people shd be upset when a few of our decent player have gone