Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Traffic chaos in Kent

Comments

• Options
    M20 Londonbound accident and a lot of traffic coming along A20 instead. 
  • Options
    Day 2 of Operation Brock and another delay on the Brock section of the M20 this morning due to 'an incident'.

This crazy scheme does NOT keep Kent moving, it causes more problems than it solves.
  • Options
    I'm glad I read this thread today, there was something mentioned pn the news earlier and I've unsuccessfully been Googling Operation Wok

• Options
    Day 2 of Operation Brock and another delay on the Brock section of the M20 this morning due to 'an incident'.

This crazy scheme does NOT keep Kent moving, it causes more problems than it solves.
    Any happy news, about anything at all?
    Not happy news for those who have been affected by this ridiculous scheme over the last three years. We had months on overnight closures whilst the crossovers and hard shoulders were strengthened.  It causes misery for the thousands of drivers who have to use the M20 every day.

Knowing that France was going on the Amber Plus list before Brock was put in place this weekend, it should have been cancelled. Cross Channel tourist traffic is going to be severely reduced this summer and Operation Brock will not be needed. Hopefully there will not be any serious accidents in the Brock section.
  • Options
    We went to the inlaws in Faversham on Sunday. Left there about 7.30 to come back. Drove over the M2 and it was at a standstill so decided not to get on it and went cross country to join the M20 at J8. Lasted about 2 minutes on there before it slowed to a crawl due apparently to 2 accidents. Ended up coming off at J7 and back across through Detling to the M2 which was busy but at least moving. Took over 2 hours to get home. 
  • Options
    Rizzo said:
    We went to the inlaws in Faversham on Sunday. Left there about 7.30 to come back. Drove over the M2 and it was at a standstill so decided not to get on it and went cross country to join the M20 at J8. Lasted about 2 minutes on there before it slowed to a crawl due apparently to 2 accidents. Ended up coming off at J7 and back across through Detling to the M2 which was busy but at least moving. Took over 2 hours to get home. 
    My friends had an even worse experience. They left Folkestone around 6.30-7pm and didn't make it back to North London until midnight. 
  • Options
    Dettling turn off to Tonbridge turn off and back this morning a couple of hours ago.

M20 was as very quiet. Indeed, I didn't even need to go in the outside lane.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Dettling turn off to Tonbridge turn off and back this morning a couple of hours ago.

That section isn't affected by Brock.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:
    My friends had an even worse experience. They left Folkestone around 6.30-7pm and didn't make it back to North London until midnight. 
    No doubt exasperated by the 32000 paying fans plus free children coming back from the Open at Royal St Georges.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

Well that's where all the traffic hold ups because of broken down vehicles on Sunday was rather than tailbacks from Brock.

You can't have it both ways.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Addickted said:

Well that's where all the traffic hold ups because of broken down vehicles on Sunday was rather than tailbacks from Brock.

You can't have it both ways.
    But there were breakdowns in the Brock section on Sunday and yesterday. The m20 wouldn't normally be affected by breakdowns from 8 to 9  as the hard shoulder would be available. Whilst Brock is in place, a breakdown causes massve problems.
  • Options
    Talking about breakdowns I dont think I've seen so many cars on the hard shoulder as I did Sunday. Taking my youngest back to hospital around 7.30pm & there were around 6 or 7 cars between j3 & j2 of the M25. Also, when coming back from the hospital around 2pm that afternoon there were 3 or 4 just on the slip road from Princess rd to the M25/A2 junction. 

Was it just the sunday drivers taking their cars out to the coast & not having enough fuel/water/ oil...?  

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Operation Brock is to be removed this weekend, what a waste of taxpayer's money, it should never have been put back in place.
  • Options
    Took me 30 minutes to drive from The Valley to the A2 via Woolwich Road this lunchtime. Didn’t see one cyclist using the new cycle lane, going either way. Suspect it’ll take even longer along the Woolwich Road next Saturday. 
  • Options
    SX_Addick said:
    Took me 30 minutes to drive from The Valley to the A2 via Woolwich Road this lunchtime. Didn’t see one cyclist using the new cycle lane, going either way. Suspect it’ll take even longer along the Woolwich Road next Saturday. 
    Not if you use your bike!
  • Options
    SX_Addick said:
    The club would do well to forewarn people - whilst not their fault / anything they can influence its a problem waiting to happen.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:
    i wouldn't of gone that way
  • Options
    SX_Addick said:
    It’s well used during weekday mornings and evenings by cyclists. I use it quite a lot getting to and from Greenwich. It’s actually brilliant to be able to feel safe while cycling.
  • Options
    A2 is going to be closed in both directions at Bean for bridge installation from 10pm Friday 6 Aug to 6.00am Monday 9th Aug.

Bridge replacement been delayed as the contractor has gone into administration.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was a bridge too far. I'll get my coat.
  • Options
    Getting home from Dartford to Chatham can often be a nightmare,this is nearly always caused by a blocked Dartford Crossing whereby people(especially lorry drivers) try to take a short cut over the Dartford roundabout and join the traffic the other side,often only succeeding in blocking traffic trying to access the roundabout.
  • Options
    A2 is going to be closed in both directions at Bean for bridge installation from 10pm Friday 6 Aug to 6.00am Monday 9th Aug.

Going ahead this weekend now.
  • Options

Going ahead this weekend now.
    Of course it is, and no doubt Southeastern will suddenly decide this weekend is the perfect weekend to relay the tracks between Charlton and the Blackheath/Westcombe Park junction
  • Options
    A reminder that the A2 is closed near Bluewater this weekend.

I've just looked at Google maps and all the surrounding roads look pretty jammed.
  • Options
    A reminder that the A2 is closed near Bluewater this weekend.

I've just looked at Google maps and all the surrounding roads look pretty jammed.
    Yeah already going to take an hour for me to get up from Rochester
  • Options
    Is it closed London bound from the M25 junction?