Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rolling Stones

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:
    cafcfan said:
    There's a track on the new album called Live by the Sword. Didn't know they were supporters. :-)
    Dartford lads.

It's a little known fact that although they originally went to the same junior school, Richards and Jagger never really became friends until a chance encounter one day on the East Terrace at Charlton - and they soon discovered they had a shared view in wanting the current manager sacked because he wasn't playing the formation they both favoured when playing Subbuteo. 

True story.
    Incredible….
  • Options
    It's funny what people hear. The moment I heard the song, I knew it was written by/with a pop producer. I've not listened to the full record, only the single. For those who have heard the album, does it all sound like this?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    It's funny what people hear. The moment I heard the song, I knew it was written by/with a pop producer. I've not listened to the full record, only the single. For those who have heard the album, does it all sound like this?
    Album not out until October...20th I believe.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    There's a track on the new album called Live by the Sword. Didn't know they were supporters. :-)
    Come from Dartford so must be 😉😄
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    cafcfan said:
    Dartford lads.

It's a little known fact that although they originally went to the same junior school, Richards and Jagger never really became friends until a chance encounter one day on the East Terrace at Charlton - and they soon discovered they had a shared view in wanting the current manager sacked because he wasn't playing the formation they both favoured when playing Subbuteo. 

True story.
    The new album closes with a cover of Addicks to Victory
  • Options
    I liked the new song. Thought it was the must English Mick’s accent on his vocals has sounded for ages. Not sure if that makes sense. 
  • Options
    Liked the video as well 
  • Options
    I'm liking this new album. Sounds quite fresh. Currently on my second listen - big thumbs up from me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
    PopIcon said:
    I hear where you are coming from, & understand what you were saying, but they were hardly likely to work with Andrew Loog Oldham again were they?
    Sometimes its good for a band to work with a producer who is ultimately a fan.
    Someone who loves & respects their music, & can help light a fire under the band again.
    Kind of like Mark Ronson with Duran Duran.
    It shouldn’t matter if they are a pop/popular producer, only that the results are good.
    It is a good track. Whilst not the greatest, or most original of their career, but still good at this stage of their career.
    The Rolling Stones were a pop-ular band back in't day (Loog Oldham became a hot producer of the time). The Beatles worked with Phil Spector, who was a Pop producer, & many more classic artists did the same back in the day. Just that most of those guys are probably dead now.
    Personally, I like to hear this kind of track, rather than go on some dusty ol’ blues trip again, with a Bleeding’ Gums Murphy type producer.