Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rolling Stones

Comments

• McBobbin said:

Got a couple of £250 tickets for 25 May at the taxpayers stadium. Eye-wateringly expensive, but I've never seen them before and am a big fan of their 60s and 70s stuff... worth it in my book, and they are great seats.

£250 is expensive, but will be worth it. It’s the price of a couple nights out.
    I was at the point of treating myself to a £250 ticket on Friday. Nearly did but my problem is, I don't know anyone who'd have been prepared to pay that much to come with me (my wife hates concerts). I've seen them a few times over the years which is probably what stopped me buying it.

Sometimes it's worth hanging the expense and treating yourself though. My wife paid about £450 to buy me a VIP ticket for the classic Quadrophenia at the RAH a couple of years ago. Seat in the 2nd row and got to meet Pete Townshend before the show. Don't think I've ever enjoyed a concert as much.

Not as much as me and L enjoyed ourselves while you were there.
  • McBobbin said:

Got a couple of £250 tickets for 25 May at the taxpayers stadium. Eye-wateringly expensive, but I've never seen them before and am a big fan of their 60s and 70s stuff... worth it in my book, and they are great seats.

I was at the point of treating myself to a £250 ticket on Friday. Nearly did but my problem is, I don't know anyone who'd have been prepared to pay that much to come with me (my wife hates concerts). I've seen them a few times over the years which is probably what stopped me buying it.

Sometimes it's worth hanging the expense and treating yourself though. My wife paid about £450 to buy me a VIP ticket for the classic Quadrophenia at the RAH a couple of years ago. Seat in the 2nd row and got to meet Pete Townshend before the show. Don't think I've ever enjoyed a concert as much.

You're a long time dead, sometimes you've just got to treat yourself, if you can afford it, that is.
  • Greenie said:

Saga Lout said:

Riviera said:

Saga Lout said:

I remember when the price of going to see a top band was less than or about the same as the price of their latest LP - those were the days! I have never seen the Stones despite them being right up there in my list of favorite bands. I won't be going at those prices I'm afraid.

What £65?
    I've never paid 65 quid for an LP IN MY LIFE! :smiley:
    What on earth is an LP?
    Yeah right!
  • edited March 2018

McBobbin said:

You're a long time dead, sometimes you've just got to treat yourself, if you can afford it, that is.
    FFS sake! Tickets are not £250!!! You can get on the pitch for £65. You don't need to go with anyone if you are on the pitch. And @DaveMehmet you'd make many friends in the crowd surging!
  • edited March 2018
    Riviera said:

McBobbin said:

FFS sake! Tickets are not £250!!! You can get on the pitch for £65. You don't need to go with anyone if you are on the pitch. And @DaveMehmet you'd make many friends in the crowd surging!
    As Mark Noble found out on Saturday.
  • Milking it tour anyone?
  • edited March 2018

Milking it tour anyone?

Not really. It going to be the last time they tour I should imagine and there is clearly the demand for tickets.
  • Support acts have been announced.

Liam Gallagher for the day I go, which I’m very pleased about.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/liam-gallagher-rolling-stones-tickets-14563586
  • Milking it tour anyone?

Just the greatest Rock n Roll band ever, that all mate.
  • Sponsored links:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/liam-gallagher-rolling-stones-tickets-14563586

Florence and the Machine for me.
  • Greenie said:

Milking it tour anyone?

Just the greatest Rock n Roll band ever, that all mate.
    Just the greatest band ever - whatever the genre.
  • bobmunro said:

Support acts have been announced.

Happy with that!

The Twickenham crowd get James Bay hahahahaha

Liam Gallagher for the day I go, which I’m not very pleased about.
  • McBobbin said:

bobmunro said:

Happy with that!

The Twickenham crowd get James Bay hahahahaha
    I can't abide James Bay songs.
  • Fumbluff said:

Liam Gallagher for the day I go, which I’m not very pleased about.
    Apparently Liam is coming on after The Stones as he thinks he's a bigger act!
  • Apparently Liam turned down the Manchester leg as it’s at Old Trafford!

Great to see The Specials let the Stones close for them at their stadium :wink:
  • The last time I saw the boys live (Twickenham 2003) Star Sailor were the support. Brilliant band in their own right but as they finished their set they stated what an honour it was to support the greatest band in the world. I really can't imagine Liam saying anything similar!!
  • bobmunro said:

The last time I saw the boys live (Twickenham 2003) Star Sailor were the support. Brilliant band in their own right but as they finished their set they stated what an honour it was to support the greatest band in the world. I really can't imagine Liam saying anything similar!!

To be fair, he said exactly that when supporting the Stone Roses at Heaton Park
  • bobmunro said:

The last time I saw the boys live (Twickenham 2003) Star Sailor were the support. Brilliant band in their own right but as they finished their set they stated what an honour it was to support the greatest band in the world. I really can't imagine Liam saying anything similar!!

Got their first album when it came out - some great songs inc Alcoholic & Poor misguided fool. I bet that concert was brilliant.
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

I did Twickers in 2006 and Feeder was the support band, who were also pretty good and very complimentary of how The Stones had interacted with them. (They implied that a lot of main acts insist that they are not overshadowed and require that they keep the power/volume turned down but The Stones just told them to go for it. (I recall that this concert was originally scheduled for the new Wembley but got switched because it wasn't ready. Mick said he was keen to play the new Wembley (but I don't think they ever have). He suggested that maybe they could be support act on The Arctic Monkeys farewell tour...
  • bobmunro said:

Got their first album when it came out - some great songs inc Alcoholic & Poor misguided fool. I bet that concert was brilliant.
    Yes, Love is Here is a very good album. They had just released Silence is Easy so their set consisted of tracks from both.
  • bobmunro said:

He already has @bobmunro

• edited April 2018
    I guess I would be out of bounds saying I think VU were better than either The Beatles or Stones?
  • I guess I would be out of bounds saying I think VU were better than either The Beatles or Stones?

Thinking it does not make it true. However its given me a good laugh.
  • I guess I would be out of bounds saying I think VU were better than either The Beatles or Stones?

Big fan of VU but no - just no!
  • Fumbluff said:

They are £250 cos more than enough people readily pay that amount and much much more.
    The same show can be seen for £101 or thereabouts, which still ain't cheap but fatally punctures the arguments from all the hand-wringing jealous keyboard warriors (irony alert).
    If you like it and can afford it: go, if one or other doesn't apply: don't. I'd like to drive a Jag to work everyday rather than my Fiesta but I can't afford to run a Jag. I'm not cross about it, I've no entitlement to more than I choose to purchase.
    I've been fortunate enough to attend Stones gigs in arenas and stadia and the atmosphere at them all is second to none. I've seen hundreds of performances by artists at all strata of success but Mick, Charlie, Keef and Woody consistently deliver, for want of a less denigrated expression, "x-factor." If £100.45 (plus postage) is the price of a ticket, so be it.
    Performers and promoters will keep on charging a few quid more than they think they can get away with until the demand dries up. Suckers will keep on hosing money into the pockets of parasitic "marketplace" vendors and touts, cos they always have.

You’d be surprised how economical driving a jag to work was. I miss my jag....
    48mpg? Over 13000 miles p.a. £145 tax £220 insurance? No Jag gets anywhere near that, sadly.

James Bay what the shining fuck is that all about? About as rock’n’roll as crochet night with the WI. Ho hum the headline act will be fine which is kinda the point
  • Anyone got any spares for the Liam day before I buy on viagogo?
  • Any other Addicks going to this tomorrow? Can't wait!!