Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Health Update

Comments

• Options

So here I am, thank god, sitting on my sofa at home. The procedure went well and I survived. Last thing I can remember is telling the doctors and nurses around me that my dogs are not Alsatians, they are Germans Shepherds, I then woke up 4 minutes, yes just 4 minutes later, having the same conversation only to be told "I had been done"!!
    I only had 1 shock and it worked first time, sadly others in the ward with me were not so fortunate. The hospital staff were brilliant, they could physically see how scared I was and talked me through everything, except when I was being put to sleep, I never knew a thing about it, I didn't have to count or anything like that, it just happened when I was talking about our dogs and the breed. My first stats since the procedure are very encouraging, heartbeat 63 per minute, BP 106/62, 98% oxygen in my blood. I recovered quicker than they expected me to and was sitting up drinking tea and eating toast, just 30 minutes after they let me walk to the 'theater'.
    Now for the next six weeks, rest today, not allowed to drive for 24 hours, no exertions for 6 weeks (running, etc) I have to let my heart get used to being in rhythm and hopefully that is how it will stay. I see my consultant in 6 weeks time and then it will be down to how my heart has reacted as to what we do next, which may just be taking tablets for another year or so. My INR is stable and I feel good if not a little tired right now. I said I would beat this thing and now I believe I will. My thanks to ALL of you for your support over these last 6 months,it couldn't have happened without you. God bless you all and thanks so much for everything RedM

Great news Wally,
    "exertions" ..........(running etc) I see the anaesthetic hasn't worn off, your delirious man. "Nurse" get him back in bed! ;)

• Options
    Good news, well done!
  • Options
    Glad it went well.
  • Options
    Fantastic news Red. Now please take it easy!
  • Options
    Great news!
  • Options
    I wonder if we should have tried this with Simon Church ?
  • Options
    Brilliant news RM, chuffed to bits :smiley:
  • Options
    Good news, glad to hear it.
  • Options
    Great stuff, RM !

Keep on keeping on !
  • Options
    Glad to hear you are on the mend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good news Red Midland
  • Options
    Thats great news Redmidland
  • Options
    That is great news RM
  • Options
    Good stuff mate. Great news.
  • Options
    feet up and watch the cricket.

great news RM
  • Options
    Great to hear mate
  • Options
    great news, must have been rather frightening experience.
  • Options
    Glad to hear that Red...onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

great news, must have been rather frightening experience.

I was petrified @Lancashirelad, absolutely bricking it, then all of a sudden it was done and dusted a real tribute to the NHS and modern medicine/treatments.

• Options
    Great news! Pleased for you, RM.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great news Red Midland, onwards and upwards now......don't get walking them "German Shepherds" too far!!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Great news RM
  • Options
    very pleased for you RM, let's hope that CAFC progress as well as you have
  • Options
    Great news but what were his views on the mankini treatment?
  • Options
    Good news mate. Well done.
  • Options
    Brilliant news RM :smiley:
  • Options
    Brilliant news Redmidland
  • Options
    Great news mate
  • Options
    What good news to hear.