Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Foods you love but rarely get to eat

13»

Comments

• Pork pie. Used to love them, and then i was diagnosed with Coeliac's desease. Impossible to find gluten free, hence my craving.
  • Christmas dinner, always tastes so much nicer Christmas day so i only get it once a year
  • Oh and Tony Romas giant size cow ribs!
  • Australian Dim Sims (steamed). When unemployed in Tasmania, frozen ones were my staple diet for 3 months.
  • Pork pie. Used to love them, and then i was diagnosed with Coeliac's desease. Impossible to find gluten free, hence my craving.

you should try some things from these https://www.voakesfreefrom.co.uk/ , they're really good and the pastry's and bread's are very similar to normal ones
  • Chips at the Valley.
  • Kangaroo Steaks

I bought some in Lidl today
  • Huskaris said:

Chips at the Valley.

Only the 15th one the rest I throw in the bin
  • Lost my appetite these last couple months. Cant even finish a takeaway curry at the mo.
  • Regularly crave a bowl of ramen
  • Sponsored links:

• A Danish (proper one from Denmark)
    Pickled herring on rye bread with a schnapps + cold beer
    Bearnaise sauce
    Danish liquorice
    A curry from the UK with a 660ml Cobra
  • Zoot alors, scanning this list of "lost loves", it's fortunate they are, otherwise our "aging fan base" would be waving adios at an even faster rate.
  • ads said:

Pork pie. Used to love them, and then i was diagnosed with Coeliac's desease. Impossible to find gluten free, hence my craving.

you should try some things from these https://www.voakesfreefrom.co.uk/ , they're really good and the pastry's and bread's are very similar to normal ones
    Wow! Looks delicious. Think I'll be trying some of that. Thanks for the tip.
  • From the posh end......Lobster love it, never have it, never mind
  • ilovelucy said:

Zoot alors, scanning this list of "lost loves", it's fortunate they are, otherwise our "aging fan base" would be waving adios at an even faster rate.

Maybe but who the hell ever missed salad?
  • Lost my appetite these last couple months. Cant even finish a takeaway curry at the mo.

Seriously, see the doctor. There can be bad reasons for appetite loss, especially if you are also losing weight.

Mind you most people struggle to finish a takeaway!

Seriously, see the doctor. There can be bad reasons for appetite loss, especially if you are also losing weight.

Mind you most people struggle to finish a takeaway!
    Thanks Bryan - I did already. Mind you I've got about 4 stone to go before I am anywhere near underweight!
  • piadina and mortadella.
  • Edwardo's Pizza which I love, but usualy can take or leave other Pizza chains
  • English bacon, it's rubbish in The US.
  • Sponsored links:

• limeygent said:

English bacon, it's rubbish in The US.

Not great here either ;-)
  • I love avocado but don't buy it because peeling the buggers defeats me every time, I either get more over my hands than there is left to eat, or end up picking endless bits of peel off like a surgeon with shotgun pellets.
    Making porridge in a microwave without coating the inside of the machine, and sussing avo's are two of my many failings in life.
  • seth plum said:

I love avocado but don't buy it because peeling the buggers defeats me every time, I either get more over my hands than there is left to eat, or end up picking endless bits of peel off like a surgeon with shotgun pellets.
    Making porridge in a microwave without coating the inside of the machine, and sussing avo's are two of my many failings in life.

No need to peel them. Cut them in half lengthwise, then using the pointed end of a dessert spoon, dig in a little between the skin and the flesh, work your way around until the flesh all pops out of the skin in one piece. I eat one every day, good for you.
  • Woodpigeon and grey squirrel; use to have a freezer full in the UK, but they're a bit scarce round these parts (Which is just as well as it plays havoc with me gout). Also rabbit for the same reason, but I do give in a buy the odd prepared rabbit from a local boucher