Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What are my chances of watching Champions League Final?

Comments

• League 2 play off final- Missed
    League 1 play off final- Missed
    Championship play off final- Missed
    Europa League final- Watched
    FA Cup final- Watched 1st half
    Copa Del Ray final- Caught last 10 minutes

)

Did you catch the highlights?
    No but he saw the newspaper headline (that one is for those old enough to remember The Likely Lads!)
    England F...... (yes regrettably I'm old enough!!)
  • I don't know what does your Nan think...?
  • League 2 play off final- Missed
    League 1 play off final- Missed
    Championship play off final- Missed
    Europa League final- Watched
    FA Cup final- Watched 1st half
    Copa Del Ray final- Caught last 10 minutes

Bloody Women Right Hand, surely I can get the Champions League final, must be some kind of law against stopping me watching it :-)

Fixed it for ya!
  • edited June 2015
    And the answer is no chance!

Just got a message saying, we are going to her sister's on Saturday night.
  • Tell her you presume that's the royal
    'we', as you're watching the football.
  • So you're missing the biggest game in the European football calendar because you've been instructed to attend her sister's house?!

You need to man up as a matter of urgency before you end up being more butler than boyfriend. Women are bloodsuckers - give them an inch and they'll take a mile. You've given her about 5 miles already.
  • Sponsored links:

• Let's be honest, CL would be a much less entertaining place without Paulie starting new threads every now and again. Besides, we would not see funny posts like the above one written by Chizz. ;)

Every now and again?!

But agreed.
    I will have you know this is my first thread for 2 weeks
  • And the answer is no chance!

watch it round there then or is her sister scary as well?
  • no need to be rude to her, just drop into conversation something along the lines of "shall I bring beers with me for the game or would you girls prefer it if the lads watch the football in the pub up the road"
  • Chizz said:

Oh dear...

How did u manage to get hold of my texts
  • Paulie reach in your pants and find your bollox son, ffs man up will you
  • Lost for words, once again. Tragic scenes all round.
  • Correction...

Just out of curiosity... If your partner wanted you and her to go for a night out together when a game of Football is on.

Hands up how many would actually have the balls to tell them to feck off I'm watching t'Football
  • Correction...

Just out of curiosity... If your partner wanted you and her to go for a night out together when a game of Football is on.

Hands up how many would actually have the balls to tell them to feck off I'm watching t'Football

Me - although it wouldn't happen because the situation wouldn't arise (she knows me too well after 30+ years!!).
  • Sponsored links:

That would be your aunt's ? :wink:
  • Correction...

Yeah I would. Not for any game - I'd be willing to sacrifice a mid-table Dutch game or a League 2 game in favour of going out with the missus - but I wouldn't miss a Champions League Final, and nor would I expect any bird worth her salt to expect me to miss it. It's not a crime to watch the odd game on the telly.
  • MrLargo said:

Correction...

Yeah I would. Not for any game - I'd be willing to sacrifice a mid-table Dutch game or a League 2 game in favour of going out with the missus - but I wouldn't miss a Champions League Final, and nor would I expect any bird worth her salt to expect me to miss it. It's not a crime to watch the odd game on the telly.
    Thing is... If it was a Charlton game then I'd probably understand, because its the Champions League which involving two non-English clubs and rarely produces an entertaining match I wont bother
  • MrLargo said:

So you're missing the biggest game in the European football calendar because you've been instructed to attend her sister's house?!

You need to man up as a matter of urgency before you end up being more butler than boyfriend. Women are bloodsuckers - give them an inch and they'll take a mile. You've given her about 5 miles already.

That equates to 5 inch's....just saying......

does she run your life for you? surely she should ask first? sounds demanding, bin her

Grow a pair.

There ain't a football match In the world worth missing a three up for