Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What are my chances of watching Champions League Final?

League 2 play off final- Missed
League 1 play off final- Missed
Championship play off final- Missed
Europa League final- Watched
FA Cup final- Watched 1st half
Copa Del Ray final- Caught last 10 minutes

Bloody Women, surely I can get the Champions League final, must be some kind of law against stopping me watching it :-)

Comments

• IA said:

Don't know. Don't care.

you cared enough to comment and that's all that matters IA
  • se9addick said:

What an elaborate way to show off that you have a girlfriend!

If I wanted to do that, I would have started a thread called HAHA and just posted a picture of us together(HMMMMM now I have an idea :wink: )
  • You're presuming the woman in question isn't his mum?

Excellent point, a female family member is far more plausible.
  • IA said:

Don't know. Don't care.

you cared enough to comment and that's all that matters IA
    I thought it was going to be someone visiting Berlin looking for a source for tickets.

Bonus points if it was someone in Berlin moaning about the busy nightlife wondering if they could see the final instead

Your problem seems to be remote control related. Go down pub if you want to see it.
  • edited June 2015
    Theres this new recording thing out, dont know if youve heard of it where you can record a programme on a Tape or alternitively a hard disc, that might be a useful substitute for cojones.
  • Sponsored links:

• Halix said:

Theres this new thing out, dont know if youve heard of it where you can record a programme on a Tape or alternitively a hard disc that might be suitable.

Worst thing in the world recording football, especially a game of that magnitude, almost impossible to avoid the score and not worth watching a whole match if you know the score.
  • edited June 2015
  • Bet you saw the snooker final!
  • Chizz said:

League 2 play off final- Missed

Bloody Women, surely I can get the Champions League final, must be some kind of law against stopping me watching it :-)

What do *you* think your chances of watching it are? Surely you're in a far better position than anyone else on here to be able to determine whether you watch it.

Not all of us have the pertinent facts to hand. Like, do you have a television? Electricity? A TV license? When you sit down with the TV on, do you face it? Or face the opposite direction? That will have a major impact on whether you see it.

Do you have any plans for the day on which the match falls? For example, do you intend to be doing something that prevents you watching it? Like, going to the cinema, deep-sea diving or posting threads on Charlton Life?

With regards to whether there is a law preventing you from being stopped watching it, there probably isn't a specific one. Although, of course, if you were incarcerated for a misdemeanour, you may well be prevented from watching it as part of your overall sentence. I doubt this is the case though.

Have you taken the opportunity to discuss your feelings, in detail with anyone you think might want to prevent you watching it? Have you set out what your counter-proposal might be?

Remember, we're all here to help you, Paulie. You can get over this. But you must take the first steps. Let us know how it goes. Maybe by posting on here. Or, maybe by starting up another thread. Maybe several?

Whatever you do Paulie, best of luck. We'll be thinking of you.
    Brilliant.
  • Let's be honest, CL would be a much less entertaining place without Paulie starting new threads every now and again. Besides, we would not see funny posts like the above one written by Chizz. ;)
  • Put your foot down son.
  • Sponsored links:

• this one is a cracker

firstly i didn't even realise Paulie was all wifed up

• League 2 play off final- Missed

)

Did you catch the highlights?
    No but he saw the newspaper headline (that one is for those old enough to remember The Likely Lads!)
  • edited June 2015
    Is this the reason you can't watch it?

http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/67957/advice-on-where-to-meet-and-collect-at-wembley#latest
    You're meeting Darty Valiant aren't you?
  • this one is a cracker

firstly i didn't even realise Paulie was all wifed up

She probably doesn't either!
  • League 2 play off final- Missed

I guess you are young and this relationship is still at an early stage.

What you are experiencing here is a failure on your part to set your stall out from the off.

If you told her at the start;
    I watch all football on tv, live or highlights no matter who is playing or what perceived importants is put upon the match.

You might want to add, just to keep onside, that she is free to watch football with you as long as she makes useful comments and or interesting on the game and under no circumstances is she to talk about her day, work, family, friends, shopping, diner or any reality/ talent show. An exception would be to asked if you would like a beer, tea, coffee or a glass of prosecco and may be a sandwich.

If, however, you have know her sometime, its clear she has set her stall out and you have excepted your lot in life.
  • Let's be honest, CL would be a much less entertaining place without Paulie starting new threads every now and again. Besides, we would not see funny posts like the above one written by Chizz. ;)

Every now and again?!

But agreed.
  • Paulie's got a girlfriend, Paulie's got a girlfriend :-)
  • being 7 and a half months pregnant my missus quite likes me out of the house at the moment, failing that if I am in - she'll be asleep by 8pm anyway!
  • she sounds like a right bitch