Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• Scoham said:

I'll be impressed if we bring in Kramer and Makienok. With Igor and Watt that would be a big improvement on the options we had up front last season and won't have come cheap.

Would probably be the best squad of strikers we have since the premier league and potentially as good as some of those. These guys all have to deliver but we know Igor and Watt can do damage in this division when fit and firing and this other pair have a track record that would suggest they can do the same. We've nearly always (aside from the occasional single headline striker and once or twice we've had a pair) had relatively weak squads of forwards in my time following the club so to suddenly have 4 very decent options would something of a turnaround.
    "We want our Charlton back, we want our Charlton back"
  • At this rate we will have nothing to complain about... NEVER thought I would say that on CL.
  • 3 signings, all with good pedigree, and not a network import among them.

Roland Out.
  • edited July 2015
    Will our next signing join the pair in having an armful of tattoos.
    Another forward would be great and good to finally get a target man. A variety of different sorts of forwards would be good and juts hope JBG and JC end up staying. With them 2 think we have a fairly decent squad taking shape.
  • At this rate we will have nothing to complain about... NEVER thought I would say that on CL.

Lol, I was thinking the same. I guess the moaners and Roland out brigade will be slamming shut their laptops in disgust. Oh well, perhaps they can form a Trust, with a moaning mission statement, and make demands to the club about 'not being proper Charlton because we aren't pissed off about something'. ;o)
    Failing that they can just go back to counting the chips!
  • We still need a creative midfielder IMHO
  • We need a RB, 2CB's, CM, Winger and striker, doubt we will get all 6
  • Yoni liked a yellow card, but he has gone. I wonder who might take over his leadership in that respect, one of the new players perhaps? Tony Watt? Jacko, who likes a foul from time to time?
    Actually we need to identify the penalty taker too, probably JBG if he stays.
    BTW everybody is going on about how many strikers we have, but what is the true lowdown on our World Cup scoring hero Reza?
  • Good signing - we still need 2 CBs, a back-up Rb for Solly, number 10, Bulot and maybe one more centre forward.

A number 10 - Watt?? Igor?? Not sure thats a priority.

Agree on the CB's and back up RB.

Bulot as well.

Another CM is what I would add.

5 more players giving 8 signings in total. 1st July at present - I would say we are on track.
    A number 10 as in a playmaker.
  • Good signing - we still need 2 CBs, a back-up Rb for Solly, number 10, Bulot and maybe one more centre forward.

Bulot as well.

5 more players giving 8 signings in total. 1st July at present - I would say we are on track.
    I imagine by a number 10 he meant a creative attacking midfielder, which we are woefully short of and have been for years. Neither Watt nor Igor fill that role at all and the lack of creativity we tend to have when in possession of the ball centrally is crippling at times. Should be our main priority now we have a number 9
    That's what I meant. A Claus Jensen / Andy Reid type player.
  • Sponsored links:

Bulot as well.

A number 10 as in a playmaker.
    Like a Claus Jensen type? In that case, I agree.

I think I am out of date with my numbering:

1) GOALKEEPER
    2) RIGHT BACK
    3) LEFT BACK
    4) CENTRE MID (DEFENSIVE)
    5) CENTRE BACK
    6) CENTRE BACK
    7) RIGHT MID
    8) CENTRE MID (ATTACKING)
    9) STRIKER (BIG GUY)
    10) STRIKER (LITTLE GUY)
    11) LEFT MID
  • WSS said:

Oi Brad Friedel leave our Kat alone.
    Looks like he's giving her a bit of stick...

• That's good for 4-4-2.

In 4-2-3-1, 10 is the player who drops back into midfield with 7-10-11 combining behind a target man no. 9.
  • Feeling much more optimistic than this time last year. Hopefully the end of this month will not be spent refreshing a feed about how Delort is set to sign imminently...
  • I'd like to see JBG played centrally and get a bit of flair in the middle
  • One middlesbrough fan doesn't rate our new boy

http://www.oneboro.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=7274&page=423

Yeah but he lives in Middlesbrough...

How did you even find that?
  • Sponsored links:

Yeah but he lives in Middlesbrough...
    Pollution, knocks a few dozen points off the IQ score!
  • I always find it amusing looking at other forums and seeing supporters predict Charlton for relegation when we've finished in the top half in 2/3 of our championship seasons since 2012!
  • Is this Ketts guy on Twitter?
  • Ba or (hopefully) Bulot.
  • Callum Harriot
  • Anyone seen this?
    I reckon it's solly.

Reckon it's Ba, hope it's Bulot
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!