Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that confuse you

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2023
    The McDonalds advert made to look like Ceefax/Teletext.

Basically, remember the 90s?  McDonalds was there in the 90s!!

Yeah, and there was a massive issue over the safety of beefburgers... why remind everyone?

Always remember some kid at school who was a bit "Jay from the Inbetweeners" with his stories trying to claim he was the kid in that ad, despite everyone saying it was famously Scott Parker.

Really odd lie to tell.
  • Options
    Yeah hope his ball burst.
  • Options
    Why are there tea rooms and coffee houses but not coffee rooms or tea houses?
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    And why are all Italian restaurants “little”?
  • Options
    Why do Reading always kick off at 8pm midweek?
  • Options
    Why do Reading always kick off at 8pm midweek?
    Because of local congestion / public transport availability.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    And why are all Italian restaurants “little”?
    And why is a restaurant owner a restaurateur and not restauranteur ? 
  • Options
    Where did my penis go?
  • Options
    Where did my penis go?
    WHAT?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The McDonalds advert made to look like Ceefax/Teletext.

Basically, remember the 90s?  McDonalds was there in the 90s!!

Yeah, and there was a massive issue over the safety of beefburgers... why remind everyone?

I'm confused as to whose shirt that is. In my head I always thought it was Swansea City, but looking again, I don't think it is. [Thinking out loud: It might not be any particular kit as they might not have wanted to put off rival supporters]

• Options
    Where did my penis go?
    WHAT?
    It used to be down there - can't see it now.
  • Options
    I always find it strange how some people love types of food and others hate them.

We were in Cromer today and whilst I’m not a huge seafood fan, was looking forward to trying a dressed Cromer crab so booked into a recommended restaurant. 

Although I managed to eat it, I wasn’t impressed and thought it was a bit rank. My wife loved it. 
  • Options
    I always find it strange how some people love types of food and others hate them.

We were in Cromer today and whilst I’m not a huge seafood fan, was looking forward to trying a dressed Cromer crab so booked into a recommended restaurant. 

Although I managed to eat it, I wasn’t impressed and thought it was a bit rank. My wife loved it. 
    My missus has a list of foods as long as your arm that she doesn't eat. I have three: oysters, salted anchovies and crab. Of that three, she loves crab and salted anchovies.  🙄 
  • Options

Maddest one for me is licorice, I can stand the stuff. I can see the redeeming features in most food but licorice is horrific, can’t stand the taste or smell, even writing this is making me nauseous. 

My wife loves it, will eat a full bag in one go if she thought her stomach could take it. There’s always some in the cupboard. Vile vile vile stuff. 
  • Options
    "Happy Halloween" - the night when the portals between the living world and the spirit world are open and the souls of the dead can return being treated like somebody's birthday!
  • Options
    Why, whenever I go to amusement arcade on a pier, there is always someone hoovering.
    Day or night, summer or winter, on every pier.
  • Options

Plus you can find out that Shiela from 124 Station Road, DOB 1/12/76 has an STI and the runs.
    Bloody hell, still?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

Plus you can find out that Shiela from 124 Station Road, DOB 1/12/76 has an STI and the runs.
    Bloody hell, still?
    Yep, hoping it clears up before her birthday.
  • Options
    So many threads lately where a person says something and another person says they said something entirely different. 
    Presumably people feeling the need to exaggerate to validate their point of view. 
  • Options
    People who reply to their own posts.
  • Options
    People who wear jackets with no sleeves in freezing weather
  • Options
    People who wear flip-flops or sliders in the street. Especially when it's freezing. 
  • Options
    Those 'Do you want to opt out of emails about Mother's Day/Father's Day/Christmas' etc emails.

So instead of getting a reminder, you'll get an email to discuss the reminders and it'll remind you anyway, just slightly earlier.

What a waste of time and effort all round.
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    Why, whenever I go to amusement arcade on a pier, there is always someone hoovering.
    Day or night, summer or winter, on every pier.
    Have you got very muddy boots?
  • Options
    People who still display tax discs in their cars.
  • Options
    edited February 27
    JaShea99 said:
    People who still display tax discs in their cars.
    Especially out of date ones!
  • Options
    edited March 4
    Just seen a fat bird on a dating app describe herself as ‘kinda doughy’ and able to ‘take a surprising amount of meat.’ Eh?