Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Please you

Comments

• Reading about Jarrod Bowen this morning.

Through a bit of hard luck he found himself out of a job in football at 17.  Luckily his parent club Hereford re started it's youth team and he got a last gasp chance. 

Less than a year ago he was in the stadium cheering for England v Germany.  Now he has every chance of of actually playing for England against Germany in Munich on Tuesday. 

Seems like a decent bloke who hasn't had it all his own way.   
    He's a Hereford fan as well

• Seeing Luke Combs on Saturday night. Absolutely buzzing for it.
  • Getting a brown envelope from the DVLA in the post and it only being a tax reminder not a speeding fine, lovely feeling of relief upon opening it  :D
  • Just replaced a broken window handle, that got broken by the wife about a year ago

Yup takes me that long to get things done - I'm a DIYer

• IdleHans said:
    The first raspberries of the summer from the canes I put in last year. 
    They look lush. 😋
  • They were. I left them on the side in the kitchen for an hour or two last night, and the scent when i came back to them was amazing. Ate them as they are, no cream, just one by one, savouring every berry. Happily, there seem to be plenty more - the canes are in their second year, and I have some autumn fruiting varieties too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Spending quality time with my mum. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    People that open tubs of spread and just pull the foil but back but then leave it on! What’s the all about?
    Does this please you or should it be on the ‘annoy’ thread?
    After four years of trying to appreciate this, finally I find that pleases me too.
  • Stig said:
    Playing songs to match things that people have said. This morning my son said his trousers were baggy, which was an obvious cue for Madness, my wife said she'd heard a rumour so I got to play Arabian Knights and when she said we should eat more fruit, we had the delights of Jack Hodges' (Spike Milligan) Everything Is Fresh Today. Sometimes though I prefer the more obscure ones so nobody knows that I'm doing it. When spoons were mentioned this morning, it could have been a cue for Substitute but instead I chose the (very personal) joy of playing obscure Swedish post-punks Kitchen & The Plastic Spoons. Oh, the endless fun - I wouldn't want to be anyone else but me!
    I do this with my children but instead of playing the songs I sing them. Normally they tell me to not be so silly but hey, ho, roles have to be reversed sometimes, and it pleases me to give them a musical education.
  • edited June 2022
    Being with my wife and seeing her smile and laugh.
    We're in  a boozer now having a few drinks, my beloved is chatting to her mate, lovely.
  • Otters being regularly spotted in local rivers.
    (Not by me yet, but here's hoping)
    Where are you?
    Where are you?
    Dorset
  • “Took the missus for a weekend in Weymouth”

”in Dorset?”

”yes I would”

I’m here all week…
  • “Took the missus for a weekend in Weymouth”

”in Dorset?”

”yes I would”

I’m here all week
    In Dorset?

• Out with the missus and mates in Tunbridge Wells last night in pitcher and piano and seeing all the youngsters enjoying themselves after the past couple of years of lockdowns.  Seem a nice generation  and whilst maybe Tunbridge wells may be a be different it just seemed a much different vibe than when i was going out in the SE London suburbs in my yoof where everyone was stood round in our ralph laurens/ ben shermans and shiny shoes hoping not to get glassed for daring to make eye contact with the wrong person. 

But christ I did feel old in there!

Where are you?
    Dorset
    Nice one.👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Out with the missus and mates in Tunbridge Wells last night in pitcher and piano and seeing all the youngsters enjoying themselves after the past couple of years of lockdowns.  Seem a nice generation  and whilst maybe Tunbridge wells may be a be different it just seemed a much different vibe than when i was going out in the SE London suburbs in my yoof where everyone was stood round in our ralph laurens/ ben shermans and shiny shoes hoping not to get glassed for daring to make eye contact with the wrong person. 

But christ I did feel old in there!

Went out for a stag do in T.Wells and ended up in P&P, was a weird experience as all the young women in there seemed to be absolute stunners (daughters of Chelsea tractor type families, clearly a ton spent on dresses, make up etc) dressed up to the nines, and all the young blokes were weird looking chav sorts who looked like they'd rolled.of the sofa and straight out.  Probably similar families etc and was just a fashion we were way too old for, but was such a weird contrast.

And yeah, we were the oldest in there by a good ten years.
  • Standing in the garden with a beer, admiring a cloud free sky whilst cooking a bbq for the family.
  • Further to my pleasurable comment just above Daves. Having it official confirmed that the tax man definitely owe me more than he repaid so far as the mistake goes back to 2016/17.
  • Just got to watch my Son do his first Sports Day with his Nursery.

Very independent child (Like his Father), so wasn't sure if he'd want to take place, or whether his anxiety would take over and he'd end up sitting it out - Nope, completely the opposite, quite often when there is general excitement, he'll get swept along with the enjoyment and get so enthusiastic as to what is going on.

Ended up being one of the kids, who wanted to have a go on everything the most - Most importantly was great seeing him in an environment that we dont really get to see, instead only get Reports from.
    Make the most of it mate, they’re very special days. I’ll never forget the look on my daughter’s face when I won the dads race one year. She was only 6 but you could clearly see she was thinking “how the fuck did he do that”. 

My wife was the deputy head of the school at the time and was giving out the certificates. Made a big show of demanding mine.
    Yeah I hate the fact he'll be starting school in September, time has just flown by already
  • edited June 2022