Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Please you

Comments

• Options
    Pleased that nobody was hurt. Amazed the players just carry on celebrating.

• Options
    Not sure where to put this but pleased to see Phil Hellmuth finally get that 16th bracelet at the World Series of Poker. He’s been stuck on 15 for a while. Extending his own record. Incredible 
  • Options
    This appeared in today's Mirror, seems rather generous - guessing there must be t&cs.

• Options
    Not sure where to put this but pleased to see Phil Hellmuth finally get that 16th bracelet at the World Series of Poker. He’s been stuck on 15 for a while. Extending his own record. Incredible 
    Great player, but a massive bellend. 
    I’m sure he plays up for the cameras to increase his notoriety, but his behaviour is so often childish and obnoxiously petulant that I’ve got very tired of seeing him. 
    Trouble is, a lot of TV coverage focuses on him because they want him to have a meltdown because people like to watch him losing it. Personally, I’d rather watch other great players who aren’t whingey toddler-men, but there you go.
  • Options
    The Queen turning down the 'Oldie of the Year' award on the grounds of she did not meet the criteria. 

According to HM you are only as old as you feel.
  • Options
    Sophie Raworth reading the news in a black silk shirt
  • Options
    The missus doing a late shift.

Beers in the fridge, Thursday night football, Dominos on the way, PS5. 

I'm absolutely buzzing.
  • Options
    Driving in heavy rain and approaching an unavoidable and enormous puddle by a bus stop and seeing a millwall fan (no  ~ twenty of them!) waiting for the bus at that bus stop!! 
  • Options
    Driving in heavy rain and approaching an unavoidable and enormous puddle by a bus stop and seeing a millwall fan (no  ~ twenty of them!) waiting for the bus at that bus stop!! 
    They sound like a bunch of dips.
  • Options
    The missus doing a late shift.

Beers in the fridge, Thursday night football, Dominos on the way, PS5. 

I'm absolutely buzzing.
    You forgot to mention the box of Kleenex.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had a great time out @ Beachy Head yesterday, hopefully managed to capture a great Sunrise and then stuck around all day in the region between there and the Seven Sisters before getting the Sunset as well.

Its a shame that Beachy Head has such an infamous reputation as its a lovely area.

But one thing I didnt know was the fact that there are Chaplains who volunteer and patrol the area to keep a look out for potential cases (average of one person a week) - Can imagine my surprise when I got back to my car at one stage to find one of them standing next to it, they'd basically seen me up on the cliffs, seen the empty car and were worried that I might have been the next person that week so had come to check if I was okay.

Had a great chat with them in the end about the area and about their work - Seems that many will take a camera with them in an attempt to throw others of the scent and are effectively making themselves inconspicuous so they dont get disturbed and cant be talked out of the actions that they're sadly planning.

Also had an interesting talk about how the area will look very different in years to come what with the erosion in the region - Already a section of the South Downs Path has been ropped off up towards Belle Tout Lighthouse because it collapsed into the sea recently... So is definitely an area worth visiting.

Suppose for the most part, this is the wrong thread to be posting this on... But at the same time its equally pleasing that if you do feel alone in the world etc. - There is always someone out there that will listen to you
    An ex-colleague of mine used to live near there and take tea in a thermos, snacks etc up to the volunteers in the winter.

I think it's such a nice thing they do, giving up a lot of their own time to help those in such a desperate state.
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing that @ForeverAddickted
  • Options

I’ve never been into a Greggs.  

I kinda want to go inside as I’m intrigued by the size of the queue that gathers outside, be it in fair weather or foul.  What is it that is so enticing?  There must be some things in there that are absolutely scrumptious.  I wonder what they are?

I tend to walk past shortly after my breakfast, so I’m not very hungry, but if I was hungry, and there wasn’t a queue, and there was somewhere to sit and I knew what I wanted, I’d probably go inside.

Mind you, that would ruin the intrigue, sometimes it’s nice not to know.  Tomorrow, I’m just going to walk past as usual.

• Options

I kinda want to go inside as I’m intrigued by the size of the queue that gathers outside, be it in fair weather or foul.  What is it that is so enticing?  There must be some things in there that are absolutely scrumptious.  I wonder what they are?

I tend to walk past shortly after my breakfast, so I’m not very hungry, but if I was hungry, and there wasn’t a queue, and there was somewhere to sit and I knew what I wanted, I’d probably go inside.

Mind you, that would ruin the intrigue, sometimes it’s nice not to know.  Tomorrow, I’m just going to walk past as usual.

It’s better not to know.
  • Options

Wonka Tell GIF - Wonka Tell Me GIFs
  • Options

High calorie food to get you through the day. It's cheap and filling, that's all. Edible? yes. Scrumptious? Hmmm.
  • Options

@cafcnick1992 this the whispy grey haired fella? 😂
    A really half-arsed attempt at costumes and make-up before they go trick or treating.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When you try a pair of 34" waist trousers from the wardrobe and they fit again. ;)
  • Options
     :D It's not him, but I have found a picture of my suspect:

He is literally everywhere.
  • Options
    Great idea with the ink, opens up all sorts of options, piss, paint, oil, I almost what them to jump out in front of me now. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Great idea with the ink, opens up all sorts of options, piss, paint, oil, I almost what them to jump out in front of me now. 

That would work tonight, like trick or treat.  Piss, paint or oil?  Then throw all 3 over them.

• Options
    This appeared in today's Mirror, seems rather generous - guessing there must be t&cs.

Quite a few t&Cs plus you have to spend £10 to qualify. But it pleases me that businesses are trying.
    I have wondered for years why people can't be rewarded for recycling as an incentive.
    I remember as a kid I'd get sent to the shop with a bag of glass bottles and get some cash in exchange and it really wasn't that long ago if you think about it.
    I notice on Boots list of items not accepted it includes razor blades or disposal razors. What happens to all of these razor blades etc. Is it 100% landfill? As somebody that uses Gillette blades I'm interested to know if any are ♻️.  

• Options
    Palace conceding stoppage time winners.
  • Options
    Absolutely nailed a parallel park in one of the tightest spaces today. 
    I can also post this on general things that annoy you as nobody was witness to it. 

• Options
    Feeding things to the dog that Mrs Idle would never give him. Yesterday we shared a large cheese omelette (while she was out) and he loved it.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Feeding things to the dog that Mrs Idle would never give him. Yesterday we shared a large cheese omelette (while she was out) and he loved it.
    Good for you…….Our dogs love eggs, grind the shell up and chuck that in too. It’s good for their bones particularly young dogs, ours normally eat them raw but occasionally we’ll cook them an omelette. 👍