Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre-Season Friendlies 2015

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2015
    tom- k said:

A lot of teams seem to end up in the Zillertal valley in Tirol. The Georgian national team were there last summer and Dortmund too.

I think we ended up playing on part of a golf course in Spain last year.

Hopefully the club will give a lot more notice on fixtures this summer so as to give people who want to go enough time to organise things.

Hopefully no 45 minute nonsense games as well.
  • Options
    The Spain matches last year were great - shame if we don't play there again.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

tom- k said:

A lot of teams seem to end up in the Zillertal valley in Tirol. The Georgian national team were there last summer and Dortmund too.

I think we ended up playing on part of a golf course in Spain last year.

Hopefully the club will give a lot more notice on fixtures this summer so as to give people who want to go enough time to organise things.

Hopefully no 45 minute nonsense games as well.
    Can't remember the last time i could stomach a full pre season friendly. 45 mins sounds about right. After the first half it all becomes a bit confusing of who's-who and where are they playing.
  • Options
    "Two games at the Valley"

• Options

First revealed at Bromley!
  • Options

We have a decent pitch now so it makes sense. I might even be able to get to them!
  • Options
    Away to Dulwich Hamlet on Saturday July 18th.

I'm assuming this is an U21 game.
  • Options
    when does the League season start?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:

when does the League season start?

8th August
  • Options
    No game v Bromley

: - (
  • Options
    Reserves (i assume) playing at Maidstone.
  • Options
    Ross said:
    On holiday :(

Can't the club change it to the following week. Bloody Charlton blah blah blah
  • Options

Thursday 23rd July 19;45
  • Options
    gonna get down to as many pre-season friendlies as I can this year, moving to Amsterdam in mid-August and need to be reminded that I'm not actually going to miss that much at the Valley when I'm sat watching Ajax!
  • Options

gonna get down to as many pre-season friendlies as I can this year, moving to Amsterdam in mid-August and need to be reminded that I'm not actually going to miss that much at the Valley when I'm sat watching Ajax!

You'll get more atmosphere at The Valley than the Amsterdam Arena!
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Thursday 23rd July 19;45
    Gutted, saw the original post and was hoping it was 1st August as I'm over there for weekend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No game v Bromley

: - (

Boooo!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Go Utrecht instead, it's not much further on the same train as to Ajax and free bus from station to ground, much much more fun than the slightly soulless Amsterdam arena!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Blimey! You sure you didn't accidentally go to a library instead?
  • Options
    scruffle said:

cafctom said:

Go Utrecht instead, it's not much further on the same train as to Ajax and free bus from station to ground, much much more fun than the slightly soulless Amsterdam arena!
    Cheers mate I appreciate any advice. Been to see feyenoord once and loved it but apart from that I don't have a clue about Dutch football.
  • Options
    Arena is better for big concerts than football. Agree re Utrecht - lived five mins' walk from that ground once upon a time.
  • Options
    Went to Vitesse Arnhem v Utrecht on Sunday.

Bit of a Palace manufactured atmosphere, including an Eagle flying amongst the crowd pre match.

Seeing how close the two teams are surprised to see only about 200 away fans.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Went to Vitesse Arnhem v Utrecht on Sunday.

Bit of a Palace manufactured atmosphere, including an Eagle flying amongst the crowd pre match.

Seeing how close the two teams are surprised to see only about 200 away fans.

Don't get morts excited !

• Options
    Confirmed 2015/16 pre-season friendlies:

Welling United (A) - Saturday, July 11th (3pm)
    Dulwich Hamlet (A) - Saturday, July 18th (3pm)*
    Maidstone United (A) - Thursday, July 23rd (7.45pm)*
    Chelmsford City (A) - Tuesday, August 4th (7.45pm)*

*CAFC XI fixtures

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-cafc-xi-pre-season-fixtures-2475679.aspx#lFJZUY6ShrrTPmKl.99
  • Options
    We will be playing STTV in stayen on 18th July