Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sheffield Wednesday Away Roll Call

13»

Comments

• Sadly have definitely cancelled our trip north as we have been at DV hospital all day with Mum whose INR level( check for warfarin) had soared from 2.5 only 3 weeks ago to a dangerous 8.0 this morning. Won't bore you with the gory details but suffice to say, her bedroom resembles an abattoir ...not that I've ever been in one.

6 hours in a very uncomfortable wheelchair, slightly less uncomfortable trolley and finally at 10pm , a bed in Short Stay...with still no results from the bloods they took at 6.45....

It has sadly come to the point where we can no longer give her our care in our home 24/7 even though we paid for Carers to come in 3xper day whenever we were away overnight. Health & safety and everyones' best interests point to Residential Care but with no home to sell or savings, we're at the mercy of KCC .

The match on Saturday will be only the 3rd away game I've missed all season....the other 2 being Fulham & Bournemouth. Not looking good then , folks.

PLEASE give the lads a loud Fannylike cheer for me if you're going.

COYA !!!!

Sorry to hear about your Mum FF, I guessed there was a reason for your lower profile on here. You have much more important issues to deal with and I hope things turn out ok as best they can. Rest assured I'll turn up the volume for you NWKers on Saturday :wink:
  • 8.0 INR

wow, as someone on the rat poison, i hope they can sort it. Best wishes
  • Not for me.
    How many tickets out of interest have we sold. ?
  • markmc68 said:

Not for me.
    How many tickets out of interest have we sold. ?

6990 so far apparently

Fanny and Mr Fanny won't be going.

Best wishes Fanny - special cheer for the lads from me for you.
  • sorry to hear FF, hope all ok x
  • Sorry to hear this Jean. All the best.

I hope she's comfortable now, me n the family will give the lads a shout from you.
  • We haven't got 6990 fans.
  • Sorry to hear about your mum, Fanny. Hugely draining (physically and emotionally) for all concerned, so all the very best to her, you and the rest of the family.

The CL community will certainly miss your insightful, measured and humorous post-match views from Hillsborough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry to hear that Fanny. Hope it all turns out as well as possible for you and your family.

Mrs K will be putting in a rare appearance to make up for your absence in the numbers, if not the loudness, of the support. Her last outing was Barnsley and we all know how that turned out so fingers crossed for a repeat.
  • edited April 2015
    Sorry to hear that Jean,

Big hug coming from one of your many admirers. ( Mr F a great bloke too)

I always look forward to the Fanny Report ! (Hotel, Wine, the match, the general ambience)

See you soon.
  • Going up on the train with the boy, cheap ticket via Donny courtesy of some useful advice on here a while ago.

See you all up there, and our best wishes to FF and family.
  • Swerve said:

Going up on the train with the boy, cheap ticket via Donny courtesy of some useful advice on here a while ago.

See you all up there, and our best wishes to FF and family.

Thanks, Bryan, Sam & Swerve.

Mum's doing OK, eating like a horse ( as usual) but sleeping 90% of the time now. Didn't even know she was in hospital when we visited this afternoon & isn't asking after me so that's a blessing. As long as she's warm, fed, watered & shown a bit of love, she's happy. Bless her.

• Family day out for me, my two sons and grandson. Another 3-0 victory would do us.
  • I'm going tomorrow!!

Not too sure how you guys are playing but we are absolutely terrible at home (I'm serious) and we've had some serious pitch issues this year so it will probably be the worst pitch that you've played on this season.

This might sound like an excuse but we actually have a big injury list too and to be quite frank this season can't end quick enough for me, we have a manager in Gray that will probably guide us to a respectable mit table finish but his methods especially at home are questionable

1-1 for me or a narrow defeat, we are poor at home.
  • We've been worried about you OP.
  • edited April 2015

I'm going tomorrow!!

Not too sure how you guys are playing but we are absolutely terrible at home (I'm serious) and we've had some serious pitch issues this year so it will probably be the worst pitch that you've played on this season.

This might sound like an excuse but we actually have a big injury list too and to be quite frank this season can't end quick enough for me, we have a manager in Gray that will probably guide us to a respectable mit table finish but his methods especially at home are questionable

1-1 for me or a narrow defeat, we are poor at home.

OP, It's been a while, how you doing me old mucker?

• OP, i think Gray set's you up at home like Peeters did for CAFC earlier in the season. Not to lose. Hope both teams go for it tomorrow, with the Addick's keeping their good record at the Blue part of Sheffield going.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah, not been too bad guys, just had a very busy period lately, good to see Charlton turning their season around, under BP you were struggling but you hit form at the right time, as I've said before I look out for your results quite a lot, probably as a result of using this forum.

Wednesday should win tomorrow hopefully on what is the worst pitch at Hillsborough since the 1970s.

(Drainage issues)
  • Your pitch can't be as bad as Blackpool's? Surely not!
  • edited April 2015

Yeah, not been too bad guys, just had a very busy period lately, good to see Charlton turning their season around, under BP you were struggling but you hit form at the right time, as I've said before I look out for your results quite a lot, probably as a result of using this forum.

Wednesday should win tomorrow hopefully on what is the worst pitch at Hillsborough since the 1970s.

(Drainage issues)

Drainage issues?

You should lay off the Balti Pies OP

Can't be anywhere as near as bad as our pitch last season, can it?