Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

That ref russell again...

I don't how the referees board could give mick russell (no capitals because he does not deserve them) a game like today. This bloke is just a total and utter arrogant scumbag of the highest order. He was a joke against Cardiff and he was worse today. The club need to ask who ever appoints refs never to give this cheat russell a Charlton game ever again.

Comments

• Yes he's shite, but can't blame him for our (yet again) poor performance.
  • Yes the bloke's an inept egotistical wanker, and that Millwall number 5 should have gone for a blatant second yellow, but mark my words we would still have lost.
  • End of the day solly deserved that red card and it was a pen, no question IMO . We can't blame the ref for what happened today
  • The bloke is a clown, everyone who has seen him in the last 8 years knows that, would like to have thought all those inside the the club would have known as well
  • I'm not saying we wouldn't have lost but he was a total disgrace. He was a scared little girl little girl all afternoon in front of the millwall crowd.
  • In a word, prick.
  • J BLOCK said:

End of the day solly deserved that red card and it was a pen, no question IMO . We can't blame the ref for what happened today

How can you smack a ball at a player then shout handball?
  • I reckon his performance today against us was personal.
  • After the Cardiff game I saw him shaking hands and laughing and joking with one of Cardiff's coaching staff.
  • You are fuckin deluded mate. Yes the ref was shit but charlton had zero bollocks. Didn't deserve to win at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

End of the day solly deserved that red card and it was a pen, no question IMO . We can't blame the ref for what happened today

His hands where well above his head, he saved a certain goal
  • J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

His hands where well above his head, he saved a certain goal
    If his hands were well above his head as u say then explain the bloody lip
  • Useless
  • My mate works for SLP and he interviewed Luzon after the game and he said Solly was in tears in the dressing room with a massive fat lip!
  • My first impression was a penalty and red and in real time without replays that sort of decision will always be given. I am sure if it was a Millwall player that had done that then we would have all been in agreement of a red card

• vffvff
    edited April 2015
    I still mightily fecked off that Charlton lost this game. I am alternating between options a) and b). I hope to get to a) by the end of the Easter Bank Holiday weekend.

a) Solly is Charlton through and through. Mistakes do happen. It may be that the hands up was an automatic reaction to the a large object being fired to the head at close proximity.

b) Solly had been booked cheaply and shouldn't be raising his arms above his head in the penalty area, and giving that arse of a referee the opportunity to send him off. The whole Charlton team knew though that they had a inept, ego inflated, prize laughable chump of a referee such as Mick Russell who would book and send off at the first opportunity.
  • colin1961 said:

DRAddick said:

Yes he's shite, but can't blame him for our (yet again) poor performance.

Of course he is to blame ... Sends of solly who should not even received a yellow for either incidents ... Proved that it hit solly in the face ??

All our planning goes out the window with that decision, every little contact was a free kick to
    millwall it was embrassing ...... Then the number 5 clearly pulls Watt back mins after bejng booked and the ref does nothing ... And who scores the winner you guessed it

Both teams 10 men with the score 0/0 much diff game

Millwall did not beat us yesterday .... In fact if we had full 11 then we would have won no problems

You can't say it was a poor performance when you play over 70 mins with ten men .....
    This.

Spot on Hooiveld should have gone . I wish we had tested him a bit more as he looked shakey .
  • colin1961 said:

DRAddick said:

Yes he's shite, but can't blame him for our (yet again) poor performance.

Of course he is to blame ... Sends of solly who should not even received a yellow for either incidents ... Proved that it hit solly in the face ??

All our planning goes out the window with that decision, every little contact was a free kick to
    millwall it was embrassing ...... Then the number 5 clearly pulls Watt back mins after bejng booked and the ref does nothing ... And who scores the winner you guessed it

Both teams 10 men with the score 0/0 much diff game

Millwall did not beat us yesterday .... In fact if we had full 11 then we would have won no problems

You can't say it was a poor performance when you play over 70 mins with ten men .....
    It was a poor performance, even with Solly on the pitch we could/should of been one or two goals down. The only player who can come out of the game with any credit is Henderson.

• Stop making excuses for our bottle job players.
  • Watch it back and try and tell me you can't see his head fly back when the ball collides. Points to his face/lip STRAIGHT away.

Hoiveld's second yellow was a much easier decision to make and I'm not just saying that because I'm a charlton fan. Ref bottled it. When I realised it was him warming up I said to my old man he was gonna do something to help us lose.

But if anyone is still feeling the pain, take a look at the league table and smile.

Ps, the scenes when we scored will be remembered for a long time. Spoke to a couple of millwall mates in the pub last night and said they hadn't seen anything like it
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc999 said:

My first impression was a penalty and red and in real time without replays that sort of decision will always be given.

Apart from the two clear handballs in the Cardiff game that is.

• Ps, the scenes when we scored will be remembered for a long time. Spoke to a couple of millwall mates in the pub last night and said they hadn't seen anything like it

It was rather special
  • J BLOCK said:

You could tell from the replay could you? Say that to his bloody lip
  • Even the scum fans noticed:

Never heard of him, but did anyone else see him during the warm up, with a big smile on his face laughing, joking and shaking hands with Dunney, Bailey and The Hoff. Even had time to shake Robbos hand by the tunnel as he walked off. Must admit never seen anything like it especially at the Den.

Never heard of him, but did anyone else see him during the warm up, with a big smile on his face laughing, joking and shaking hands with Dunney, Bailey and The Hoff. Even had time to shake Robbos hand by the tunnel as he walked off. Must admit never seen anything like it especially at the Den.

Absolute fucking joke. Should be sacked

After the Cardiff game I saw him in the west stand car park laughing and joking with one of Cardiff's backroom staff and shaking hands with him like the were best mates. What happened yesterday with Millwall players when he was laughing and joking with them doesn't surprise me. He is a disgrace to human kind and his whole family. I would be ashamed to have this man as my father. This man wouldn't be capable of reffing one of those games you see between 5 year old kids on Blackheath let alone such an important London derby in the Championship.
  • Do you not realise how ridiculous you sound

Let it go..
  • edited April 2015

Even the scum fans noticed:

You must know this is a wind up.

• Something ain't right though. When a multitude of decisions go the opposition's way, and the official is seen being more than friendly with opposition players... something is wrong.

Yes we might have been sh*te but it's still far from right.
  • On the one hand I do think that we shouldnt have given him the chance to send Solly off, in other words if we had of taken control of the game early on Solly wouldn't of been in that position.

On the other hand I think that if we of had 11 men, we would of still struggled to get anything out of the game with the way he was running it. One decision that sticks in my mind when in the second half I think Church went in for a header with one of their players, looked like a free kick to us first of all, but he blows up to get treatment fair enough. He then gives the ball straight back to Forde for a goal kick when it was nowhere near him. Also the potential second yellow for their defender when I think Watt looked through on goal. Like I said we did help him give the decisions because we didnt play well in certain parts of the game, but its clear he has some sort of personal issues with Charlton