Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POTY - contenders

13»

Comments

• Gudmundsson all day. the boy is class.
  • Buyens.
  • Cousins for me. I think he has been excellent this season.
  • Didn't Jacko say at the VIP meeting that his player of the year so far is JBG, or have I completely made that up?
  • Cousins for me. Special talent.
  • JBG for me. I appreciate Cousins had to toil out on the left for much of the season, however I feel JBG is and has been the better of the 2
  • Cousins all day long. 100% week in week out looks quality in the middle of the park where he should be playing and he's one of our own
    "Jordan Cousins he's one of our own"
  • edited March 2015
    I think JBG for me, not just his skill, but he came to us as a bit of a Rommedahl, but has improved his game especially defensively. Watched him closely v Blackburn and did not show a lot of flair, but did a lot of chasing and closing down.

2nd would be Cousins but it is very close between the two. TBH is good but has made a few silly mistakes and as a defender they can be severely punished and they have been.
  • edited April 2015
    Amazing how many people think Cousins, when "we" as a collective have him 9th !

Obviously, most people have forgotten 2014. (Aug-Dec)

I'm going for Henderson. He's not had one bad game. I'm afraid Cousins had plenty of average games, when he was stuck out wide (not his fault, but nonetheless).

The top ten CL averages so far this season for those who have received marks in at least 10 matches are:

Henderson-------- 7.10
    Watt------------- 6.93
    Ben Haim--------- 6.86
    Gomez----------- 6.77
    Solly------------- 6.73
    Bikey------------ 6.63
    Gudmundsson---- 6.58
    Velokele---------- 6.57
    Cousins---------- 6.56
    Bulot------------- 6.42
  • someone has stolen my statbank :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Amazing how many people think Cousins, when "we" as a collective have him 9th !

Obviously, most people have forgotten 2014. (Aug-Dec)

I'm going for Henderson. He's not had one bad game. I'm afraid Cousins had plenty of average games, when he was stuck out wide (not his fault, but nonetheless).

The top ten CL averages so far this season for those who have received marks in at least 10 matches are:

Henderson-------- 7.10
    Watt------------- 6.93
    Ben Haim--------- 6.86
    Gomez----------- 6.77
    Solly------------- 6.73
    Bikey------------ 6.63
    Gudmundsson---- 6.58
    Velokele---------- 6.57
    Cousins---------- 6.56
    Bulot------------- 6.42

So interesting that despite all of the talk about Gudmundsson, Bikey has received higher ratings from Lifers this season
  • Henderson has missed a lot of games through injury, but has been consistently good when he's played. While all keepers let in goals that they probably think they should have kept out (De Gea let in a soft one on Saturday, for example) I'm struggling to think of any howlers from him this season
  • Henderson has missed 15 League games. Surely POTY is based on how well a player performs not how many games he plays.
    If I could vote it would be for Hendo.
  • edited April 2015
    Volunteers will be out and about before the Fulham game on Tuesday evening Collecting votes.
  • Henderson has missed 15 League games. Surely POTY is based on how well a player performs not how many games he plays.
    If I could vote it would be for Hendo.

Me too .. with honourable mentions for Solly and Cousins .. newcomer o t y .. Watt
  • Gudmundsson for me.
  • CAFCsayer said:

JBG

Seconded
  • Addickted said:

Gudmundsson for me.

Saturday was a good illustration.
    Henderson excellent as usual.
    Gudmundsson anonymous.

Loads of games this season like that. He may have scored some good goals, but IF you took them away, he's not been outstanding by any means.

Personally, I'd go Henderson, TBH, Cousins then Gudmundsson.
  • Addickted said:

Gudmundsson for me.

Saturday was a good illustration.
    Henderson excellent as usual.
    Gudmundsson anonymous.

Loads of games this season like that. He may have scored some good goals, but IF you took them away, he's not been outstanding by any means.

Personally, I'd go Henderson, TBH, Cousins then Gudmundsson.
    This 100%. Guddy is a class act when he's on his game but Hendo, TBH and Cousins have been more consistent IMO
  • If it helps send the scum down, I'll vote for Poyet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hendo too long out to win, in my book.

Three contenders:

TBH - class act, very few off days. Only issue for me is a slight feeling I get (rightly or wrongly) that his heart isn't in it with us.

Cuz - great heart, loads of energy, some important goals, played out of position too often but always gave it 100%, not the most technically gifted in my opinion, but young and improving.

JBG - a few anonymous performances but lots more where his class shone through making things tick, creating forward momentum and scoring the best collection of spectacular goals in one season that I can ever remember at Charlton.

On balance, JBG for me with Cuz getting young player (unlucky on Joe but he has many more glittering achievements ahead of him in a sparkling career).
  • Davo55 said:

Hendo too long out to win, in my book.

Hendo out pretty much coincided with our winless run.
    He's the best goalie we have had for years and gives the back four confidence.
    Major player for us and the outstanding candidate imo
  • Keep the posts coming, folks

And look out for Fanny outside the West Stand tomorrow evening and again before the Leeds game.
  • Keep the posts coming, folks

And look out for Fanny outside the West Stand tomorrow evening and again before the Leeds game.

Will say hello if I see you Fanny. Hopefully it will be you as it will be a tad embarrassing asking someone else if they are Fanny!