Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POTY - contenders

Comments

• Guddy doesn't deserve it, often so ineffective in games. No doubting his quality though. Cousins for me for POTY.
  • Cousins would make it four academy products in four years!
  • ...Watt ... Am sorry but you need to have been with Charlton for a whole season to get the trophy thats why its Player of the Year not Best Player over 10-matches...

Poyet won it last year with 22 appearances, which is exactly the same number that Watt will have if he plays in every game between now and the end of the season. If he keeps playing as he is, he'll get my vote.
  • Surely we should be voting for the most consistent player - the fact certain players are from the academy shouldn't come into it.
  • Gudmundsson for me, Cousins has done very well this year but I think JGB has been a game changer at times, and when he is on song he has a greater influence.
  • Cousins. No one close in my opinion.
  • Tough choice for me between three. Henderson, (I know some say he's been out injured, but look at how badly we did when he was ) is very important to team. Cousins for his work rate and skill, and JBG for his sheer class!

Would hope Cousins will get young POTY if he does not win the main one, or Gomez if he does.
  • Cousins for me. Gomez a shoo-in for YPY
  • Stig said:

...Watt ... Am sorry but you need to have been with Charlton for a whole season to get the trophy thats why its Player of the Year not Best Player over 10-matches...

Poyet won it last year with 22 appearances, which is exactly the same number that Watt will have if he plays in every game between now and the end of the season. If he keeps playing as he is, he'll get my vote.
    To be honest I didnt agree with Poyet getting the award for the reason that he didnt play the season and was why I voted for Wilson
  • Cousins will get my vote ... Has played more games so has been more effective whilst for the majority of the season he's not had the luxury of playing in his natural position and yet has still shone through.

Gudmundsson ... Has had an impact this season yet has struggled with a few injuries and whilst he's scored some memorable goals he does go missing in matches

Henderson ... Had he been ever present in goal then could have seen him getting it but injuries have again been against him.

Ben-Haim ... Put a National Holiday ahead of Charlton so instantly ruled out, jokes aside he's the most dangerous opponent to Cousins getting the award, always enjoy his attacking run, nice and steady rock in Defence.

Other notables

Vetokele ... Went on too much of a dip in scoring, had he been on around 20-goals for the season then maybe

Watt ... Am sorry but you need to have been with Charlton for a whole season to get the trophy thats why its Player of the Year not Best Player over 10-matches

Solly ... After taking the award twice I believe that people's expectations of Solly have been too high this season, although he's not been good enough for the award

Bulot ... No joke, reckon had he not been injured, had he been here instead of at the African Cup of Nations and had he shown the form of recent weeks then he could have been a dark horse, as it is... he wont be

great post and pretty much spot on, reckon Cousins will just shade it with JBG and Ben-Haim 2nd and 3rd but not sure in what order

nice to have a year with so many contenders !
  • Sponsored links:

• Cousins for me then TBH. Got to be Gomez for young player.
  • Stig said:

...Watt ... Am sorry but you need to have been with Charlton for a whole season to get the trophy thats why its Player of the Year not Best Player over 10-matches...

To be honest I didnt agree with Poyet getting the award for the reason that he didnt play the season and was why I voted for Wilson
    Me too.
  • Ben Haim over the season but Cousins is now very close
  • Would be shocked if Gomez didnt get Young Player of the Year... Surely at 21; Cousins is too old for the award now?
  • Cousins will get my vote ... Has played more games so has been more effective whilst for the majority of the season he's not had the luxury of playing in his natural position and yet has still shone through.

Gudmundsson ... Has had an impact this season yet has struggled with a few injuries and whilst he's scored some memorable goals he does go missing in matches

Henderson ... Had he been ever present in goal then could have seen him getting it but injuries have again been against him.

Ben-Haim ... Put a National Holiday ahead of Charlton so instantly ruled out, jokes aside he's the most dangerous opponent to Cousins getting the award, always enjoy his attacking run, nice and steady rock in Defence.

Other notables

Vetokele ... Went on too much of a dip in scoring, had he been on around 20-goals for the season then maybe

Watt ... Am sorry but you need to have been with Charlton for a whole season to get the trophy thats why its Player of the Year not Best Player over 10-matches

Solly ... After taking the award twice I believe that people's expectations of Solly have been too high this season, although he's not been good enough for the award

Bulot ... No joke, reckon had he not been injured, had he been here instead of at the African Cup of Nations and had he shown the form of recent weeks then he could have been a dark horse, as it is... he wont be

Cousins will get my vote ... Has played more games so has been more effective whilst for the majority of the season he's not had the luxury of playing in his natural position and yet has still shone through.

Other notables

Do you get two votes then?!
  • Cousins all the way for me, no-one close. Charlton spirit through and through that boy, and we need a return to core values after last year's over-exuberant swing in favour of Diego-come lately.

Other notables

Cousins will get my vote ... Has played more games so has been more effective whilst for the majority of the season he's not had the luxury of playing in his natural position and yet has still shone through.

Other notables

Do you get two votes then?!
    Yup cos I am... FA!! - Cheers for the spot, didnt realise that it had posted twice
  • Cousins for me.
  • JBG has remained quality throughout, at one point he seemed to be the only one capable of scoring consistently (and all good goals).

TBH has been good, but not great.

Henderson has been out for too much, but again he's been good (maybe even very good?)

Igor and Watt both very decent this season, think with them both playing together they could be impressive from August.

Cousins has had to play out wide for a lot of the season but still gave his all and I just get the feeling he's loving every minute, especially now he's come inside. For me that enthusiasm just gets him over the line. Scored a few great goals too.
  • Cousins. He should have got it last year rather than Judas 2. I don't know what voters were thinking.

To use nomenclature borrowed from the Oscars:
    Cousins for Player in a Leading Role;
    TBH can have Player in a Supporting Role;
    Luzon Best Directing;
    Tony Watt gets Best Animated Feature;
    Solly Best Animated Short;
    Wilson gets Makeup and Hairstyling;
    and Meire is a double winner: Best Editing and Costume Design.

• Sponsored links:

• Cousins by a street.
  • edited March 2015
    Cousins or Ben Haim, probably Cousins.
  • Cousins for me. Closely followed by TBH. JBG has been too inconsistent. Igor has been very inconsistent. Henderson has missed too many games. Gomez has to be Young Player of The Year.
  • edited March 2015
    People forget with JBG, that for a period of the season, 6-7 games, he was our only creative threat in the whole of the front 6
    If Cousins had been in CM for the whole season instead of the majority of the time out on the left wing, he'd get my vote.
    JBG gets my vote
  • Cousins for me as well. His attitude has been exemplary throughout even when thimgs haven't been going our way.
  • those who say Henderson - he has only played 22 league games to date. Less appearances than Fox and Wilson and one more than Harriott. Of course we have missed him but you can't vote on that basis. I'm of the opinion that the cut-off is too low anyway and should be 30 games.
  • edited March 2015
    Poyet won it last year and only played 23 times.

Andy Petterson won the award after only playing 20 odd games during the 96/97 season
  • edited March 2015

those who say Henderson - he has only played 22 league games to date. Less appearances than Fox and Wilson and one more than Harriott. Of course we have missed him but you can't vote on that basis. I'm of the opinion that the cut-off is too low anyway and should be 30 games.

So that would only leave the following to vote for then

Bikey
    Buyens
    Cousins
    Gudmundsson
    Solly
    Ben Haim
    and Vetokele

At the moment Cousins gets my vote. Only missed one league and cup game all season. Been consistent most games with most of them appearances in his not favoured position of the left hand side of midfield
  • shirty5 said:

those who say Henderson - he has only played 22 league games to date. Less appearances than Fox and Wilson and one more than Harriott. Of course we have missed him but you can't vote on that basis. I'm of the opinion that the cut-off is too low anyway and should be 30 games.

So that would only leave the following to vote for then

Bikey
    Buyens
    Cousins
    Gudmundsson
    Solly
    Ben Haim
    and Vetokele

At the moment Cousins gets my vote. Only missed one league and cup game all season. Been consistent most games with most of them appearances in his not favoured position of the left hand side of midfield
    As well as any omitted players that some fans may have the audacity to believe warrants their POTR, of course.