Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POTY - contenders

For me its got to be either Gudmundsson or Cousins
In January I would have said Gudmundsson no question but Cousins has been key in this recent run and has also been decent all season.
After them, maybe Ben Haim or Henderson

As for young player it has to be Gomez, although to be honest I think Fox has been unfairly treated by fans and has been a lot better than you'd think if you didn't go to games and just looked on CharltonLife for your opinions.

Comments

• Does Watt not qualify by virtue of games played ?
  • Cousins - huge pressure to perform (sometimes out of position) in a midfield that is getting older/slower, and has had several line-ups.

He never stops trying, yes he makes errors, and doesn't have much of a boot, but he is not one to duck his responsibility on the pitch and tries to make a difference.
  • PL54 said:

Does Watt not qualify by virtue of games played ?

Am I right in thinking he must play in all remaining 9 games to even qualify to be player of the year?
    And I agree he has been brilliant but I think its a bit unfair on the others to vote for Tony Watt, having said that I didn't mind Poyet being POTY last year. I just think Gudmundsson or Cousins deserve it more, but there's still plenty of time left for me to change my mind.

• 10 games to get on the voting sheet.
  • Four Candidates for me:

1. In terms of the sheer transformative effect he's had, Watt must have a shout, especially if he keeps it up.
    2. Ben Haim has been a rock and real class.
    3. Henderson's return showed just how important he is.
    4. Cousins for all the reasons mentioned above by others.

Near Misses:

1. Igor - just too many bad performances albeit while left alone up front to get thumped and with negligible service until TW appeared on the scene.
    2. Gudmundson - brilliant but goes missing too often.

Young POTY - Gomez if Cousins gets POTY, Cousins if someone else does. Mind you TWWW is only 21 or 22!

• Close call between Cousins and Gudmundsson with TBH as the other main contender. But for injury I would have said Henderson too.
  • edited March 2015

10 games to get on the voting sheet.

Ah thanks. Still don't think someone with that many deserves a vote however he'll most definetely play those remaining 9, and if he keeps it up then I'd definetely think about voting for him but not yet
  • TBH for me. In my opinion he has the been the consistant performer over a sustained period.
  • Cousins
  • Tough one and I'm still on the fence of Ben Haim and Cousins with Gudmundsson and Watt my outside bets (for different reasons).
  • Sponsored links:

• For character , resilience, all over passion for this club , and improvement it has to be Jordan Cousins
  • Got to be Cousins for me.
  • Gudmundsson all day long.
  • Ben Haim , Cousins or JBG,
    very tight for me at the moment. Ben Haim for being very consistent all season , cousins since he's been in the middle and played pretty well all season and JBG for he's fantastic goals.
  • Henderson for me. Been consistent and a match winner. We saw how important he was when he wasn't there.

But could make a good case for Cousins too
  • Cousins, TBH or JBG. Cousins will probably edge it for me.
  • Taking the season as a whole so far it's between TBH and Cousins.
  • Henderson for me. Been consistent and a match winner. We saw how important he was when he wasn't there.

But could make a good case for Cousins too

That's a very good shout Henners. I would have gone for TBH until the winless run during which period his game started to dip which just proves how important Henderson was behind him. However it's Cousins for me for his overall effort and contribution in more games, even when asked to play out wide for half a season.
  • Cousins followed by JBG.

I go for Cousins because of hie professionalism and attitude as much as his ability. Does his job without fuss wherever he is asked to play and never hides, moans or displays anything less than total commitment.

Third choice is more difficult. Perhaps Henderson if he continues his recent run of form.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cousins will get my vote ... Has played more games so has been more effective whilst for the majority of the season he's not had the luxury of playing in his natural position and yet has still shone through.

Gudmundsson ... Has had an impact this season yet has struggled with a few injuries and whilst he's scored some memorable goals he does go missing in matches

Henderson ... Had he been ever present in goal then could have seen him getting it but injuries have again been against him.

Ben-Haim ... Put a National Holiday ahead of Charlton so instantly ruled out, jokes aside he's the most dangerous opponent to Cousins getting the award, always enjoy his attacking run, nice and steady rock in Defence.

Other notables

Vetokele ... Went on too much of a dip in scoring, had he been on around 20-goals for the season then maybe

Watt ... Am sorry but you need to have been with Charlton for a whole season to get the trophy thats why its Player of the Year not Best Player over 10-matches

Solly ... After taking the award twice I believe that people's expectations of Solly have been too high this season, although he's not been good enough for the award

Bulot ... No joke, reckon had he not been injured, had he been here instead of at the African Cup of Nations and had he shown the form of recent weeks then he could have been a dark horse, as it is... he wont be
  • edited March 2015
  • JBG all the way.
    Cousins has been good recently but couldn't trap a bag of wet cement 10 games ago.
  • It's got to be Dervite... Most talked about player.
  • In all seriousness, Henderson for me, followed by cousins.
  • Jordan Cousins, most consistent performer and 'one of our own '.
  • Cousins for me as he gives a 100% every game and wherever he is played.
  • Fiiish said:

Mark Strong does NOT qualify for POTY , Fiish !

• Ben Haim for me. I just think he's been the most consistent over the course of the entire season. If Henderson hadn't had the injuries it would probably be him.