Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool vs Charlton | Tue 17 Mar 2015 | 7:45pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions,News & Views

Comments

• Rossman92 said:

Can't see us losing this one. We'll bounce back from the Blackburn game and win this one 2-0. Goals from Igor and Johann. Why do people have a bad feeling about every game we play?

Because we are Charlton fans!
  • And Ansah to appear after playing 90mins just the day before?

The team were probably already on their way to Blackpool when the U21s were playing Crewe

Lol but no, they're travelling north by train tomorrow morning.

• On the face of it, a game we should win but it might prove more difficult than we think 1-1
  • Kap10 said:

Rossman92 said:

Can't see us losing this one. We'll bounce back from the Blackburn game and win this one 2-0. Goals from Igor and Johann. Why do people have a bad feeling about every game we play?

Because we are Charlton fans!
    Fair enough, as long as they take their lumps when we win.
  • And Ansah to appear after playing 90mins just the day before?

The team were probably already on their way to Blackpool when the U21s were playing Crewe

Lol but no, they're travelling north by train tomorrow morning.

A good way of Charltonising the new players. I hope Solly give them all notebooks before they reach the platform
  • Passionately addickted, but see no pleasure in kicking a team when they are so down, (well aside from Oyston the oafish owner). I'll take an honourable draw.
  • ilovelucy said:

Passionately addickted, but see no pleasure in kicking a team when they are so down, (well aside from Oyston the oafish owner). I'll take an honourable draw.

No. We have to crush them if we can. The reality of things is the only thing that is going to bring the owners to their senses.

Also gives us confidence going forward.
  • colin1961 said:

Lennon for Solly
    Gomaz for TBH
    Eagles for Vetokele
    Anash on the bench

I'm glad you're not picking the team. Lennon for Solly?!? Who is GomAz?
    At least you stopped short of Etheridge for Watt. But I bet it crossed your mind though.
  • I'd be tempted to rest a few and play an 11 to win ugly (given the state of the pitch)

I'll be keeping in touch from the O2 where I'll be watching Spandau Ballet !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Judging by Lee Clarks comments about Blackpools defence v Bournemouth, it would appear this is tailor made for the movement and positivity of Tony Watt and Igor. If OUR defence can get back on track after Blackburn it's hard to see us not getting something out of the game. Having said that this is Charlton and a dip in form leading up to Millwall is to be expected.

1 - 1
  • 2-0 church and watt
  • I can see us slipping up

1-2
  • Their pitch is going to be a major obstacle tonight- the football we play is on the floor, and sadly that sort of play will be limited tonight-
    Could do with a big lump up front
    1-1
  • Would like to see a few fringe players start (eagles, diarra, lepoint, gomez) or come on (KAG, Ansah) even if it means it's a tighter game.

Think we'll go with a winning formula however, and grab a 2-1 win.
  • Addicted said:

Would like to see a few fringe players start (eagles, diarra, lepoint, gomez) or come on (KAG, Ansah) even if it means it's a tighter game.

Lepoint ?? You obviously didn't go to Cardiff !!
  • Spanish said:

Addicted said:

Would like to see a few fringe players start (eagles, diarra, lepoint, gomez) or come on (KAG, Ansah) even if it means it's a tighter game.

There was no Point
  • Spanish said:

Addicted said:

Buenos dias Spanish, como estas.

Maybe Lepoint is better at beach football, and if the tide is out on that pitch,
    he could be Great !

Sounds a decent guy, buying all the Ghent folk a drink on Saturday.

• I'd be tempted to rest a few and play an 11 to win ugly (given the state of the pitch)

I'll be keeping in touch from the O2 where I'll be watching Spandau Ballet !!!

That much is true.

Oh, by the way, I say NO to the doom-mongers. Back to our 3-0 winning ways lads and lasses. Davo says Relax.
  • edited March 2015
    Addicted said:

Why would Ansah play on the Tuesday, when he played the full 94 minutes on a Monday? Play your best team, they will have plenty of time to rest when the Season is over.

• Sponsored links:

• Not about resting dickplumb, was more about having more of a look at the squad now that we're all but safe against the worst team in the league. That way Guy or RD may get a better idea of where we are in terms of depth.

RE Lepoint, yup he's not been great in the 100 odd minutes he's had. Should always give 10 (full) games imo, for both new players and managers. Maybe scoring against blackpool would give him a lift?
  • 1 - 0 with a defender scoring late on.
  • dickplumb said:

Addicted said:

Why would Ansah play on the Tuesday, when he played the full 94 minutes on a Monday? Play your best team, they will have plenty of time to rest when the Season is over.

Absolutely - not least for our supporters who are going up there.
  • As a long time Charlton supporter I get very nervous about games like this. I look back at the game against Blackpool at the Valley as a case in point. A lot of people thought a win was a given but we threw it away, only getting a draw. I know this team are an improvement on the team that played Blackpool last time, but I can't help but fear the worst.
  • Should be playing our strongest XI here - far to early to start messing about and experimenting yet. Get at least a couple more wins and more game time for Vetokele and Watt together up front before we start thinking about next season
  • Would like to see Eagles play a full 90! Either in place of Bulot if he needs a rest or as a CAM alongside cousins if we really want to have a go at them from the Start!

......Igor Watt
    Bulot Eagles Gud
    .........Cousins
    Fox Johnson Gomez Solly
    .......Henderson

May leave us a bit too open but would really put them under pressure.. Alternatively I'd like diarra alongside cousins allowing Jordan to get forward more. With Eagles out wide!
  • Be prepared for lots of tinkering from Lenny Luzon and a muddy and dull 1-1 draw.
  • Tinkering is allowed now we're safe, we need to know who to keep and who to move on.
    Best 11 on Good Friday Thou.
  • Blackpool .. famous for av it away days .. and we should defo av it away today/tonight, whatever:

Blackpool 0 v CAFC 2
  • RedChaser said:

colin1961 said:

Lennon for Solly
    Gomaz for TBH
    Eagles for Vetokele
    Anash on the bench

Lennon for Solly??? Colin, you do realise he's a left sided centre back who played at left back on a couple of occasions for the first team last season.
    Lennon played RB for the U-21s yesterday (5-1 v. Crewe)- with Ansah scoring hat-trick. Terrell Thomas also quite an imposing sight with new haircut!