Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Those Bouncing Belgiums

Comments

• Options
    nest time, to save a wasted trip, they should ask RD what team he is putting out & if Le Point is going to be apart of it.

Also heard they were sharing RD's plane back to Belgium
  • Options

nest time, to save a wasted trip, they should ask RD what team he is putting out & if Le Point is going to be apart of it.

Also heard they were sharing RD's plane back to Belgium

Most of them came by bus, at least 1 coach load, anyway - we saw them on the way home, just outside the ground - the bus was parked on Woolwich Road/A206.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    WSS said:
    Hmmm... Maybe none were arrested, but one was definitely marched over to the police by two stewards after they found something they didn't like in his pocket. He seemed to be having a long and slightly heated conversation with one officer.

• Options
    Gillis said:

WSS said:
    Hmmm... Maybe none were arrested, but one was definitely marched over to the police by two stewards after they found something they didn't like in his pocket. He seemed to be having a long and slightly heated conversation with one officer.

Was it a hankie?

• Options
    iainment said:

Gillis said:

WSS said:

Was it a hankie?

I think so, but it was a little hard to tell from the distance; it may have been a pocket square.
  • Options
    The other 8,924 are joining at the next visit. Flasks will be flying.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Spoke to a couple after the game, they said they were over from Gent to see Lepoint he was a hero there and was gutted he never came on. Said the landlord in the Rose of Denmark was a pri*k and wanted them out because they were singing. Also said they had a good day and def would be back.

As someone who was in the rose at opening I can confirm that 95% of the lads were superb! However a few minority standing on tables throwing beer in air and unsociable behaviour resulted in this mostly great bunch being asked to leave with mostly cooperation...guvnor seemed fine to me
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Sounds like complete pisstaking by the sound of it. No idea why some people get all excited about a bunch of foreigners turning up, not really supporting Charlton but singing their own songs, and by the sounds of it, acting a pain in the arse.

It's just nice to see someone in the stands showing some passion for once.
    Sorry, but jumping up and down and getting hammered and swearing at opposition fans doesn't really count as 'passion' for me. All very orchestrated and contrived. Cringeworthy.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Gillis said:

WSS said:

Was it a hankie?

It was a pencil case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Uboat said:

Spanish said:

Uboat said:

Spanish said:

Such a typical reaction from some lifers on here…

They came to see Lepoint, have a bit of a laugh and sing few songs. Lighten up guys, me and my mate thought they were good value. Other than gesticulate at the oppo, not sure they did much wrong. I guess maybe they should have gone in the North stand so as not to upset the Flask and Blanket brigade.

Read the thread. I don't want to condemn them all based on the actions of a few, but the few I saw were utterly obnoxious. I thought they were quite funny once in the ground, but up close they weren't so nice.
    Already read it. read my post, I thought they did nothing that was out of line at a football ground. Get over it amigo
    So you didn't meet any of them then, 'amigo'? I read your post and highlighted the bit that I disagreed with.
    Si señor ! Met and spoke to a couple of them. They were enjoying a weekend in London, mixed in with a game wanting to watch a player they like. Not sure what they said to you but you do need to remember that when in a group, obviously a little intoxicated, it won't be unusual to encounter someone you don't see eye to eye with. Again, read my post, I didn't see anything untoward or what could be considered unruly in a football environment. No te enfadas hermano
  • Options

cafctom said:

Huskaris said:

Sounds like complete pisstaking by the sound of it. No idea why some people get all excited about a bunch of foreigners turning up, not really supporting Charlton but singing their own songs, and by the sounds of it, acting a pain in the arse.

It's just nice to see someone in the stands showing some passion for once.
    Sorry, but jumping up and down and getting hammered and swearing at opposition fans doesn't really count as 'passion' for me. All very orchestrated and contrived. Cringeworthy.
    So any sort of singing is orchestrated and contrived then ?
    Lose the twatishness and any sort of singing is better than the traditional morgue like atmosphere we have

Let's make no mistake here , if we sung at a game half as much as the palace geeks we'd all be pulling our plonkers saying what a great atmosphere there was at the game
    THIS.
  • Options
    Gillis said:

WSS said:

An electronic cigarette thing. I saw a few puffs of smoke before the stewards intervened.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    iainment said:

Poor old west standees, they're in shock.

For one reason or another I sat in the West stand today, I actually moved seats during the game, and went closer to this mob to see what all the fuss was about. They had a few beers and sang a few songs and got a bit, rowdy. So what? Not like they were launching seats in to the away end, or smashing the shit out of people in front of young kids - 'millwall behaviour' is what I mean.

The good folk of the west stand within my vicinity didn't seem particularly bothered. In fact I think it woke a few of them up. Or at least spared them having to look towards the pitch anyway.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

The ones in the North Upper were all camped out in the toilets at the end sporting brand new Charlton scarves. I think it was Ghent Young Smokers Club.
  • Options
    Back in the Premier League days, me and my mate used to bring a party of Belgian football lads over once a season. First couple of years there were 4 or 5 but it grew to about 30 and was just about ok to handle (all in The Pilot before the game and up to London Bridge for carnage after).

But 76 is a big group and you'll always get some bell-ends with that sort of number. That said, from afar, they were entertaining and it was a shame that they didn't get to cheer on their hero (wouldn't have hurt to sling Le Point on for the last few minutes). Next time, they should go in the North Upper and get amongst the singers up there.

Met a couple of 1st time Norweigan visitors after the yesterday's game too. They'd had a good day and had got themselves all scarfed/hatted up. They knew all about Tom Hovi and quite rated him! They were gagging for any sort of English football so I recruited them to swell the numbers at Hendon v Met Police on Monday night!
  • Options

Simonsen said:

But 76 is a big group and you'll always get some bell-ends with that sort of number. That said, from afar, they were entertaining and it was a shame that they didn't get to cheer on their hero (wouldn't have hurt to sling Le Point on for the last few minutes).

3- 1 down, or at any time to be fair I would have been fuming had a Charlton manager brought on a player to entertain a few day trippers.

Entertain?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

Simonsen said:

But 76 is a big group and you'll always get some bell-ends with that sort of number. That said, from afar, they were entertaining and it was a shame that they didn't get to cheer on their hero (wouldn't have hurt to sling Le Point on for the last few minutes).

3- 1 down, or at any time to be fair I would have been fuming had a Charlton manager brought on a player to entertain a few day trippers.

Entertain?
    Lol. I'd call Lepoint a few things, but an entertainer wouldn't be one of them!
  • Options
    Carter said:

I've said before and ill say it again

Belgians are all batshit mental

I know right....just look at this guy:

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Ok , when are Charlton Life going to recipricate the gesture of support from our Belgium cousins, with a trip out to Belgium land to visit the mothership?
  • Options
    I was sitting above them in West Upper & I would like to see them back (especially at Millwall).
    They made a bad day more interesting & brought back memories of actually enjoying a game & taking part!
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2015
    Given that they were visiting Charlton to see Lepoint play, it may have been helpful to check whether he was actually playing or not. They may have been better advised to wait a few more games when Charlton are safe and Lepoint may get a start in the position he usually plays in. Maybe they will be back.

Remember seeing the reverse though with on the lash football British supporters invading the Netherlands. Many of them didn't make past the port.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Carter said:

Joking aside, I feel no affinity whatsoever with any other team in this Web. Besides having the same owner which rightly or wrongly is the connection some feel. That, for me is like wanting to talk to a stranger because they drive the same car as you.

I'm up to 11,000 posts on the Renault Grand Scenic forum, so I don't get your point.
    http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7483
  • Options

Uboat said:

Carter said:

Joking aside, I feel no affinity whatsoever with any other team in this Web. Besides having the same owner which rightly or wrongly is the connection some feel. That, for me is like wanting to talk to a stranger because they drive the same car as you.

I'm up to 11,000 posts on the Renault Grand Scenic forum, so I don't get your point.
    http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7483
    Ha ha. That's me, 'ottoman'.