Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Cardiff match thread 7/3/15

Afternoon folks.....so here we go again....can we get another 3 points? well I believe we can by winning by the odd-goal......2-1 is my prediction. Forest are a good outfit and yet just 3 days after beating Huddersfield, comprehensively, we managed (with a weakened team) to take 3 points from them, much against many people's expectations. Today's opponents aren't on the best of runs and I'm hoping we can keep the confidence going and surprise a few people again. I'll bring you the teams as soon as I get them, hoping that Igor will be fit and ready to continue his growing partnership with Tony Watt. COYR's
Just seen a picture of Igor's shirt hanging in away dressing room this afternoon..lets hope he starts!! also showing Buyens, Bulot, Eagles, and Alou.

Comments

• Tweeted by Lawrie Wilson a few minutes ago-:
    Gutted not to be involved today at Cardiff, wishing the boys good luck and hope to be back fit next week
  • Good evening from Perth Western Australia Red. As always I'm grateful for your match threads.
  • Charlton starting XI: Henderson; Solly, Fox, Gomez, Johnson; Gudmundsson, Buyens, Cousins, Bulot; Lepoint, Watt.
  • Good go Lepoint in playing
  • Lepoint up front then.
  • Igor on bench then i guess

• Subs: Dmitrović, Bikey-Amougou, Eagles, Diarra, Vetokele, Church, Lennon
  • Eagles still cant get a start but Lepoint up-front or just off the striker?
  • Cardiff Moore, Peltier, Connolly, Ecuele Manga, Morrison, Whittingham, Gunnarsson ©, McAleny, Noone, Macheda, Jones.
  • Sponsored links:

• Where's TBH?
  • Cardiff Subs Wilson, Fabio, Ralls, O’Keefe, Kennedy, Revell, Doyle.
  • Could be jordan on the left and bulot up top with le point in the middle
  • Eagles must be getting a bit pissed off - surely he is worth a start
  • Strange selection midweek and we won. Guy knows what he's doing.
  • edited March 2015
    Excited to see Lepoint up front..let's hope he can prove his doubters wrong, bully the Cardiff defence a bit... COYR

2-0 Charlton another Watt double :)
  • Could be jordan on the left and bulot up top with le point in the middle

Exactly. Weird how Lepoint comes in from nowhere. Eagles would seem a better fit and it would mean cousins stays defensive where he's been excellent.
    Hope Lepoint decision is Luzon's and not RD's.
  • Bench looking much stronger.

Glad to see RJ back and Gomez retaining his place. 3 of the back four from the academy.

I can see why Igor needs a rest but Lepoint? Was good v Forest but not a forward. Hope it doesn't mean Bulot in the hole and cousins wide.
  • Lepoint is 14/1 to score 1st with skybet. Big price if he plays up front. 5/1 to score at anytime. Worth a couple of quid.
  • edited March 2015
    The cynic in me says that Lepoint is RD's choice to play not Luzon's.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lepoint has shown twice that he can act as hold up striker
  • Lepoint is 14/1 to score 1st with skybet. Big price if he plays up front. 5/1 to score at anytime. Worth a couple of quid.

22/1 on Stan James and 8s on bet 365.

• edited March 2015

The cynic in me says that Lepoint is RD's choice to play not Luzon's.

the bloke who runs the valley cafe picked the team today. I'm sure he said it was his turn.
  • edited March 2015
    Would much prefer Lepoint up front than Cousins being played out wide... He impressed me briefly against Forest and if it allows him to get some match sharpness whilst Vetokele being given a rest then thats good enough for me.

Following our recent form we can afford to take a bit of a risk against Cardiff and with Lepoint being with us next season (possibly) and Buyens not it'll be good to see what Christophe can do
  • Lepoint has played his whole career as a midfielder hasn't he?

Would be strange if he started playing up front now
  • Real challenge for Joe Gomez (SEVENTEEN!!) up against Kenwyne Jones.. Every faith he'll put in a good performance
  • Who's signed eagles for next season?
  • Real challenge for Joe Gomez (SEVENTEEN!!) up against Kenwyne Jones.. Every faith he'll put in a good performance

Felt he got ran ragged by Jones at the Valley on Boxing Day... Hopefully its time for Joe to get quick revenge :)
  • PL54 said:

Where's TBH?

Injured, Luzon said on Thursday he would not play and Igor came off on Tuesday with an injury, presume letting him get fit but on bench in case of emergency
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!