Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Game of Thrones

Comments

• Options
    I had to skip most of this thread. I never saw an episode of GoT until after easter this year. My sister and BiL were over and I took them up to Girona for the afternoon, where some of GoT was shot. They loved it and raved about the series, and persuaded me to try it, so I subscribed to HBOX and started. For two months (the close season) I binged on it - man, why did nobody tell me this was going on before?
    About two seasons into season 8, the subscription ran out and as I'd read so many criticisms of the last season I decided to try going outside again once in a while. But it's been nagging away in my head. I loved how some of the characters changed, and how basically nobody was safe - I was gutted when Sean Bean got beheaded in series 1, but new people came along, and the plot just wouldn't let up.
    So next month I'll be renewing my aquaintance with it again, to finisg season 8 and check out the new spin off. I've tried stuff like Vikings, Peaky Blinders and Last Kingdom, but although I liked them, I eventually got bored and stopped watching. GoT never did that. I'm already planning gong back to watch it again (skipping the episode where the little girl got burned at the stake) and I'm so happy we have a new one to look forward to .
    Happy days.
  • Options
    As long as there is plenty of tits n ass, i'll get the Cleanex order in...
    I believe you should be looking to get a refund on your box of tissues then from what I have heard!

I'll wank over anything, don't worry!
  • Options
    I had to skip most of this thread. I never saw an episode of GoT until after easter this year. My sister and BiL were over and I took them up to Girona for the afternoon, where some of GoT was shot. They loved it and raved about the series, and persuaded me to try it, so I subscribed to HBOX and started. For two months (the close season) I binged on it - man, why did nobody tell me this was going on before?
    About two seasons into season 8, the subscription ran out and as I'd read so many criticisms of the last season I decided to try going outside again once in a while. But it's been nagging away in my head. I loved how some of the characters changed, and how basically nobody was safe - I was gutted when Sean Bean got beheaded in series 1, but new people came along, and the plot just wouldn't let up.
    So next month I'll be renewing my aquaintance with it again, to finisg season 8 and check out the new spin off. I've tried stuff like Vikings, Peaky Blinders and Last Kingdom, but although I liked them, I eventually got bored and stopped watching. GoT never did that. I'm already planning gong back to watch it again (skipping the episode where the little girl got burned at the stake) and I'm so happy we have a new one to look forward to .
    Happy days.
    We watched it a few years ago after it had all been finished for a while. Enjoyed it but you will be disappointed with final season mate. 

What channel is this on. If it is Sky Atlantic will not be able to watch 
  • Options
    First episode airing on HBO this Sunday. Guessing it'll be on Sky in the UK by Monday?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DotnJ7tTA34
    Yeah 2am Monday morning (so I presume it’s broadcast at 9pm Eastern on Sunday night in the US so they’re shown at the same time?)
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    se9addick said:
    First episode airing on HBO this Sunday. Guessing it'll be on Sky in the UK by Monday?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DotnJ7tTA34
    Yeah 2am Monday morning (so I presume it’s broadcast at 9pm Eastern on Sunday night in the US so they’re shown at the same time?)
    Sounds right to me. Will be watching on Sunday evening on HBO.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    MrOneLung said:
    Happy days.
    We watched it a few years ago after it had all been finished for a while. Enjoyed it but you will be disappointed with final season mate. 

What channel is this on. If it is Sky Atlantic will not be able to watch 

https://inews.co.uk/culture/television/house-of-the-dragon-watch-how-uk-release-date-start-time-sky-atlantic-where-online-1804825

Looks like it is on Sky Atlantic.

Agreed that the final series of GOT was disappointing. It continued what was a slippery slope through series 6 and 7 after they had run out of book material to go off.

I'm hopeful that this'll be much better as it's based on book material... fingers crossed
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    A good first episode overall IMO. Started off a bit unsure but I’m really looking forward to next episode now.

The obvious hard to watch scene aside, plenty of violence and some nudity too. Felt like the early days of GOT.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Watched. 
    Disappointed. 

Acting - Worse. 
    CGI - Worse. 
    Costume, locations and story - Better than the final two seasons...
    Casting for Matt Smith - probably the best character so far. 
  • Options
    I enjoyed it. Maybe a bit of sentimentality made me more positive than it actually was but I'm looking forward to seeing how it unfolds. I've read Fire & Blood which isn't as good as the A Song of Ice and Fire series but still good to have reference points.

Matt Smith is a sinister bloke and his niece will end up being a Cersei type villain I should think.
  • Options
    It's funny how easily Matt Smith fits the villain role. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Might wait until the whole series is on Now then get an entertainment pass and then binge it.
  • Options
    I've read Fire and Blood and was impressed with the casting especially Otto and Daemon

Good first episode, they covered a lot off and got the right pieces on the board. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Watched. 
    Disappointed. 

Acting - Worse. 
    CGI - Worse. 
    Costume, locations and story - Better than the final two seasons...
    Casting for Matt Smith - probably the best character so far. 
    Would agree with this. CGI looked particularly unconvincing, I’ve got a new TV since I last watched GoT, could that be it?
  • Options
    Thought it was a good first episode! If brutal!!

Matt Smith seems brilliant and feels like it will get better.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Struggled for first 20 minutes but by the end I’m looking forward to next Monday. Needs a few more BIG characters to enter the plot tho.

Thread title needs changing now.
  • Options
    TELTEL
    edited August 2022
    it's only available on Binge over here, a subscription channel I've never heard of so will have to give it a swerve for now.  I'm already subscribed to a few others, although Netflix is probably going to be ditched as they have gone downhill with their content. 
  • Options
    Really enjoyed it, especially Matt Smith's character as others have said. Apart from when they referenced the Long Night which put a sour taste in my mouth though haha, I'm still not over the disappointment! 
  • Options
    Really enjoyed it, especially Matt Smith's character as others have said. Apart from when they referenced the Long Night which put a sour taste in my mouth though haha, I'm still not over the disappointment! 
    This is weird? I don't remember that reference. It's in the future to them, which makes it even more unusual. 
  • Options
    Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Not read any of the book series this one is based off so as for characters and dialogue/ plot no idea how it should go but felt like it was trying to reference GOT a little at times, especially with the princess character going from *SPOILER?!?* Arya for first 15 minutes to Daenerys character arc at the end. 

Agree with daz on the acting, other than Mr Sinister Matt Smith, a bit meh, the prophecy monologue at the end was a bit daytime TV drama for me, surprised considering it's Paddy Considine.

Matt Smith's character just made me think of a coked up legolas, and it was a thing of beauty.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    This is weird? I don't remember that reference. It's in the future to them, which makes it even more unusual. 
    In the scene towards the end of the episode with Visery's and his daughter in the room with Balerion's skull, he tells her about a premonition of basically the war with the White Walkers. I think he literally calls it the Long Night, and the premonition A Song of Ice and Fire.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    I'll have a re-watch. In other news is GRRRRRRRRRRR Martin going to release the last books?

I don't really understand how you can go from 2yrs per book, to 5, then 6 and then potentially 12 years! He will not live to release the last one. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'll have a re-watch. In other news is GRRRRRRRRRRR Martin going to release the last books?
    Posthumously with the last book probably written by someone else, basically using the material from the TV show.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Posthumously with the last book probably written by someone else, basically using the material from the TV show.
    I think it will end up being quite different to the tv ending but with the main plot points probably being similar. I imagine he has a writer in mind to finish it when he pops off, similar to Christopher Tolkien finishing off JRR's work. 
  • Options
    I remember where I was when I finished the last ice and fire book and at the time thought a couple of years would be a long wait. This was in 2011! For reference that was Jon Snow being shanked by the nights watch which happened at the end of series 5 of the TV show and therefore ending any knowledge I had. 

• Options
    Carter said:
    I remember where I was when I finished the last ice and fire book and at the time thought a couple of years would be a long wait. This was in 2011! For reference that was Jon Snow being shanked by the nights watch which happened at the end of series 5 of the TV show and therefore ending any knowledge I had. 

Things really took a turn for the worse for the TV Show after that as well. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I don't really understand how you can go from 2yrs per book, to 5, then 6 and then potentially 12 years! He will not live to release the last one. 
    Hes made his money from the series so imagine he isnt in a rush to get them out!

Annoying though as there great books! See in July he just said it isnt coming out "anytime soon"

• Options
    Thought it was pretty good for a pilot, trying to live up to the expectations etc. Little bit of everything to get you interested enough to want to watch the next one
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Thought it was pretty good for a pilot, trying to live up to the expectations etc. Little bit of everything to get you interested enough to want to watch the next one
    Wasn’t a pilot though was it. it was episode 1 of 10
  • Options
    am I the only one alive who has never seen an episode of this ?
  • Options
    am I the only one alive who has never seen an episode of this ?
    Well the death count tends to be quite high, so that's possible 😎