Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Humble Pie time

13»

Comments

• Saga Lout said:

It's always Humble Pie time

Damn you Prague! I was going to post that. Getting close to the end of the thread I was getting euphoric - "nobody's thought of it - my chance has come", but no, oh no - you beat me to it.

My band, The Midnight Bluez Band play that very number and can be found gigging at a pub near you (as long as you live near Dartford or Sidcup!). Next stop for us, The Cressy Arms, Dartford this very Saturday evening.
    Sorry mate. Surprised I was first, to be honest.

Henry, come on, Steve Marriott will be turning in his grave having the "Bromley" label attached to him.

• Peter Frampton = Bromley boy

Picture of him up at Ravens Wood School hall of fame alongside D Jones AKA Bowie
  • PL54 said:

dickplumb said:

masicat said:

So much pie being consumed. I wonder where those who weren't coming again are these days ? Must feel so stupid.

It was never about winning or losing for me. It was about not enjoying it anymore and feeling, as a Supporter, being lied to by the CEO. I always want what is best for Charlton and I am overjoyed at the results we have picked up lately.
    I am not anti Luzon but I am anti the process of how he got the job and the lies that were told, that hasn't changed.
    I hope we keep on winning till the end of the Season and that RD doesn't sell off the Crown Jewels in the close Season, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
    Keep smiling
    I am always happy, except when I see a crass comment.

• Peter Frampton = Bromley boy

Picture of him up at Ravens Wood School hall of fame alongside D Jones AKA Bowie

Yes I knew Frampton is a Bromley boy, who went on to concentrate on America friendly AOR, a sound commercial decision on his part.

Steve Marriott stayed true to his musical roots, much good it did him commercially. But every time my buddy plays a Humble Pie track on his ultra anorak show on Prague's Radio 1, it'll be Marriott stealing the show.

• His appointment was a farce, he was not even a strong candidate on paper, some of his early press comments were ridiculous, the team was dropping like a stone, the dressing room was at war and 90% of the fans (including me) hated him before he had even started work. His opening game was a thrashing to Watford followed two pathetic performances that convinced me he was well out of his depth.

The idea that fans persuaded him to play two up front and that simple tactic miraculously fixed everything is just infantile.

Somehow, this fella ignored all the critics (including me), the cheap jokes, the pressure he must have been getting from Roly, the abuse from the fans and the disrespect from some players and turned a demoralised bickering rabble going nowhere but League 1 into a vibrant team working for each other and winning convincingly. That is very impressive leadership and man-management and has nothing to do with tactics.

Even if we lose the rest of this season's games but stay up, he deserves great respect for that achievement alone. Hats off to Mr Luzon.

It pains me to agree with nearly all of this, except I want/expect to win the rest of this season's games.
  • It's always Humble Pie time

I must put that spoon down, all aboard the fickle bus.

• edited March 2015
    His early team selections were rubbish and I was suspicious (to put it mildly) about how he was appointed .. all is now forgiven (so far) .. he seems to have the players behind him and if he was the instigator of the signing of Johnson, Eagles and Diarra he knows his onions (mais oui) .. he also (so far) is getting the best from Bulot and Buyens, players he knows well .. they appear to like his management style and have upped their respective games by a large margin .. long may it last .... SOOOO pass me just a very small piece of humble pie

and a little Ode for Katrien from Frampton and the chaps:

'Here she comes again stepping out of her limouisine
    Looking like the cover of a $20 magazine
    She's got it where you'll find it ..
    .. If you know what I mean .. she's a ... natural born woman ... etc etc etc