Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Humble Pie time

Now this is rare ask @Stackitsteve
I don't normally admit I am wrong, but happy to hold my hands up this time.

When Guy first came, like most I was annoyed and maybe my love for Big Bob and his passion for the club clouded my judgement.

Then Guy admitted to never seeing a Championship game before, and made some questionable subs that cost us 2 points.

Then he played Watt and Vetokele together, moved Cousins to CM, Bulot to LM and dropped Bikey, and we won a couple of games.

Today he knew to take Wilson off at HT.

So this is me Paul Cafe apologizing to Guy Luzon, for pre judging based on hear say.

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Also admit I didn't like the look of him or his previous connection to rd
    Looked more like a mobile phone salesman than a championship coach
    Just couldnt see him being able to adapt to tough winter matches
    But as I said at the time I'm willing to give anyone a bit of time before I judge them
    Glad he's proving me right
  • Yep, tonight he won me over.....he made the right subs at the right time, kept getting us to push forward as well.
  • Wish I'd known this was going to be a "bonus" game before I bothered going! Come on Luzon, I want that humble pie but somehow doubt it will happen.

Ahem
  • Can I join the confession ? Lord I have sinned !
  • Mmm pie.
  • Where do I get a slice of this humble pie.. I deserve some.

Well done guy wasn't there tonight but I hope the fans chanted your name at some point.. You deserve it
  • So many of us need to eat it, the club should be selling it at half time.
  • Yep, I'll take a slice of the pie, it's not perfect at the club but things seem to be going the right way - Roland Duchatelet's Red & White Army!
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:

Mmm pie.

You mean mmm pot noodle.
  • Do we eat another 'over' KM? Or save it for dessert?
  • The chosen one of the championship trust me!
  • Talal said:

Mmm pie.

You mean mmm pot noodle.
    I do love a Bombay Bad Boy. Not that that has anything to do with Luzon. Or pie.
  • LOL @paulie8290 admitting he was wrong.
    Seen everything now.
  • Which football genius started the "Luzon 100% support" thread?

They know their stuff.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Wish I'd known this was going to be a "bonus" game before I bothered going! Come on Luzon, I want that humble pie but somehow doubt it will happen.

Ahem
    Mmmmm delicious :wink:
  • Dazzler21 said:

Wish I'd known this was going to be a "bonus" game before I bothered going! Come on Luzon, I want that humble pie but somehow doubt it will happen.

Ahem
    Mmmmm delicious :wink:
    Bet you're glad you went now!
  • Sponsored links:

• I still haven't taken to Guy Luzon, and I'm sure he would have immense distaste for me, but what we have in common is we like to win and don't like to lose. I want, I admit I expect, Guy Luzon to continue to deliver wins, and as long as he does so I will find a way to put up with him cheerfully.
    Aim for the playoffs, not mid table complacency.
  • Guy Luzon reminds of the teacher whose lessons you enjoyed because he was so eccentric you were laughing half the time. Did anyone notice he threw in a few new moves tonight, including one enormous star jump.

You can't argue with the results though, so well done, Guy.
  • There are no strings to hold him down
    To make him smile to make him frown
    He has the means to make us win
    There are no strings on him!
  • edited March 2015

• edited March 2015
    Heard Chelsea are willing to swap Mourinho for him. Pfffft no thanks!
  • Simple game, over complicated by many. Play players in their best positions, then amended it if you have to. Oh what could have been if we had this squad back in September.
  • We've won our last 3 home games at the Valley, we were heading out of the division imo, I think guy has done a cracking job, coupled with some good January signings, and the return of our number one keeper, it's about time Guy had a decent song of his own sung.
  • My pie is also of the humble variety over Bulot, who looks a different player since he came back from the Africa Cup of Nations.