Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC vs Forest | Tue 03 Mar 2015 | 7:45pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions,News & Views

13»

Comments

• dickplumb said:

According to Ketts( Dr Kish ), a number of players will be out tonight.

In form Nottingham Forest will visit The Valley on Tuesday evening and they have won five of their last six games, the exception being a thrilling 4-4 draw at Blackpool.

Forest's stuttering form has been turned round since Dougie Freedman took over the reins at the City Ground. As at Palace and Bolton, Freedman has former Charlton manager, Lennie Lawrence, as his assistant.

Guy Luzon has several injury problems and is likely to be without Chris Solly, Rhoys Wiggins, Tal Ben Haim, Johann Gudmundsson and Johnnie Jackson, with one or two others also struggling.

Luzon will want to make as few changes as possible to the side that swept Huddersfield aside but a number will be enforced upon him. His team may look something like this:

Henderson; Wilson, Gomez, Diarra, Fox; Eagles, Cousins, Buyens, Bulot; Watt, Vetokele.

Subs: Dmitrovic, Bikey, Lennon, Lepoint, Harriott, Church, Ahearne-Grant.

Simon Hooper from Wiltshire will be the man in charge.

The Addicks will have to be on their mettle if they are to win again and much will depend on what team Luzon is able to put out.

Freedman will fancy his chances of winning this one but will find Charlton's momentum difficult to overcome.

No need to risk injured players in our current position.
  • dickplumb said:

According to Ketts( Dr Kish ), a number of players will be out tonight.

In form Nottingham Forest will visit The Valley on Tuesday evening and they have won five of their last six games, the exception being a thrilling 4-4 draw at Blackpool.

Forest's stuttering form has been turned round since Dougie Freedman took over the reins at the City Ground. As at Palace and Bolton, Freedman has former Charlton manager, Lennie Lawrence, as his assistant.

Guy Luzon has several injury problems and is likely to be without Chris Solly, Rhoys Wiggins, Tal Ben Haim, Johann Gudmundsson and Johnnie Jackson, with one or two others also struggling.

Luzon will want to make as few changes as possible to the side that swept Huddersfield aside but a number will be enforced upon him. His team may look something like this:

Henderson; Wilson, Gomez, Diarra, Fox; Eagles, Cousins, Buyens, Bulot; Watt, Vetokele.

Subs: Dmitrovic, Bikey, Lennon, Lepoint, Harriott, Church, Ahearne-Grant.

Simon Hooper from Wiltshire will be the man in charge.

The Addicks will have to be on their mettle if they are to win again and much will depend on what team Luzon is able to put out.

Freedman will fancy his chances of winning this one but will find Charlton's momentum difficult to overcome.

No need to risk injured players in our current position.
    Yes, we've got a winnable game on Saturday, so judgement calls will need to be made
  • Might benefit from playing an extra midfielder, soaking up the pressure and then throwing the Watt/Vetokele partnership at them when they tire. We're in danger of being outnumbered in the midfield area with our current 4-4-2, especially if Buyens plays alongside Cousins. If we do play two up front it needs to be Cousins and Diarra in the middle
  • 2-1 home win.
  • Very helpful match preview ForeverAddickted. Thanks .
  • The key question for me will be how well Forest cope against our attack. I think we will miss JBG most of all, although Eagles looks decent. At home, Wilson can do a job at RB and Bikey has had the break he needs and looked like his head was in the right place at half time on Saturday. I would keep Gomez in centre defence- I don't think we should change him too much - he needs to take what he learned in the Huddersfield game into this one. Anyway, if Johnson and Ben Haim are out, he has to be played there.
  • i have lost track of who s injured and who isnt ...i say a 3-2 home win watt hat trick
  • A single goal victory for us tonight. 1-0 is my prediction.
  • lolwray said:

i have lost track of who s injured and who isnt ...i say a 3-2 home win watt hat trick

Moussa, Solly, Jackson, Johnson, Ben Haim, Gudmundsson, Wiggins. That is all I can think of.

• dickplumb said:

lolwray said:

i have lost track of who s injured and who isnt ...i say a 3-2 home win watt hat trick

Moussa, Solly, Jackson, Johnson, Ben Haim, Gudmundsson, Wiggins. That is all I can think of.

When did Johnson get injured?
  • Sponsored links:

• Is this game normal or premium priced?
  • Confidence is everything
    We have plenty of it at the moment
    9 goals in 4
    3 wins out of 4
    We WILL win this
    Coyr
  • Forest are one of the form sides in the division just now. I'll be happy with a point. Anything better than that would be a real bonus.
  • LenGlover said:

Forest are one of the form sides in the division just now. I'll be happy with a point. Anything better than that would be a real bonus.

So are we. And we're at home.
  • I hope we are not going with "Mull of Kintyre" just before the kick off. Don't want to make them feel at home.
  • I would be surprised to see so many players rested at once.

--------Henderson
    Wilson Gomez Johnson Fox
    Johann Cousins Diarra Bulot
    ------Watt Vetokele
  • It looks like it may depend on the team we can put out but either way we are finally a team with confidence. Forest too are on fire but I hope with home advantage we will just edge it. 1-1 it is though and an entertaining match too.
  • Johnson and solly not in the squad tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2015
    cafc4life said:

Johnson and solly not in the squad tonight.

If so I can see the back four of

Fox Ben Haim Gomez Wilson

Let's hope they're all on forrm!

Or we will get something ridiculous like

Gomez Diarra fox Cousins
  • RoJo a big loss - hoping JoGo steps up to the plate!
  • I thought TBH was out at the weekend due to new baby not injury
  • cafc4life said:

What's wrong with Johnson ?
  • PL54 said:

cafc4life said:

What's wrong with Johnson ?
    No legs
  • No Solly tonight - he's in Nandos with Jacko
  • Having seen the team, 3-5-2??
  • RoJo a big loss - hoping JoGo steps up to the plate!

Needs to bring his mojo or tonight could be an oh no or worse a Hoho :-)