Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC vs Forest | Tue 03 Mar 2015 | 7:45pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions,News & Views

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Before the Derby game i said we would lose, but win our next 2 home games.

I really should take 1 game at a time !

Having seen that Forest have won 5 and drawn 1 of their last 6 games, it would be a massive win if we could collect the 3 points.

To expect 3 superb performances at home in a row in asking a lot,
    But we can dream thou, and to see so many happy faces
    at the end of the udders match was pure ambrosia.

• edited March 2015
    Heart says 3-0 win, head says 2-0 defeat, so it's gonna be a 3-2 win. COYR's
  • Forest are scoring but they're also conceding plenty, I'll go for a 2-2.
  • Big_Bob said:

If JBG is injured, bring in Wilson.

I'd keep Gomez and Johnson at CB, even if TBH is fit, and bring him back Saturday.

2-1 either way

I thought Wilson had a pretty sold game on Saturday. Good to see.
  • Their centre backs won't be looking forward to it

2-2
  • not enough defence to stop us 3-0 home win
  • We can't do another 3-0 win, surely. Can we? 33/1 on Skybet. It really would be amazing but I can't see it. Given their form, I think it will be a draw, 1-1.
  • I think we can win this. For me it all comes down to which defence wins because both teams have plenty going forward.

2-0 to us
  • An unlucky 5-0 defeat & a great opportunity for those who like to say "we got found out", or "reality bites".
  • Sponsored links:

• They commit players going forward and leave gaps. We attack quickly. Should be a good open game.

All our players will need to be on their game, if they are we could nick it.
  • edited March 2015
    I've invited a long-standing business contact who supports Forest, so threw financial prudence to the wind and purchased a "Centre Circle" hospitality package. But after last week's over-enthusiastic performance of our marketing department, I'm a bit concerned what that particular brand of package might include.
  • Henderson
    Gomez tbh Johnson fox
    Cousins diarra Buyens bulot
    Watt vetokele

Subs dmitrovic bikey wilson Eagles church harriott kag

1-1
  • Henderson
    Gomez tbh Johnson fox
    Cousins diarra Buyens bulot
    Watt vetokele

Subs dmitrovic bikey wilson Eagles church harriott kag

1-1

I think Eagles needs to play to maintain balance of the front four that is assuming JBG is not able to play which it seems he might be!! Also Diarra and Buyers on the middle would be two one paced and would be over run meed cousins energy alongside one of the two!!
  • Henderson
    Gomez tbh Johnson fox
    Gud Cousins diarra bulot
    Watt vetokele

Provided we do rest Solly this is the team I'd like to see. Eagles to replace Gud if he is not fit.

2-2
  • Think we'd be too open playing 442 with Eagles and bulot in front of inexperienced full backs
  • AshBurton said:

I've invited a long-standing business contact who supports Forest, so threw financial prudence to the wind and purchased a "Centre Circle" hospitality package. But after last week's over-enthusiastic performance of our marketing department, I'm a bit concerned what that particular brand of package might include.

I wouldn't be "concerned ", I'd be "hopeful ".
  • Think we'd be too open playing 442 with Eagles and bulot in front of inexperienced full backs

Maybe, but we play to win!
  • edited March 2015
    Be interesting to see if we (or Luzon) trust ourselves to leave Igor and Watt upfront when defending like we did against Hudds.

It'll either get Gardner rattled and cause havoc or backfire miserably. Probably the the latter. Forest are a decent team and I still don't think we have enough about us in central midfield.
  • Sponsored links:

• I can see draw written all over this one.
  • Henderson
    Gomez tbh Johnson fox
    Gud Cousins diarra bulot
    Watt vetokele

Provided we do rest Solly this is the team I'd like to see. Eagles to replace Gud if he is not fit.

2-2

i was thinking exactly this team.
    buyens ropey. diarra classy

but... maybe kiwi is right. it's too open against in form Forest.

drop igor and play cousins, buyens and diarra in the middle?

hmmmm.... I'd rather see the 442, but 451 might be prudent here, no?
  • According to Ketts( Dr Kish ), a number of players will be out tonight.

In form Nottingham Forest will visit The Valley on Tuesday evening and they have won five of their last six games, the exception being a thrilling 4-4 draw at Blackpool.

Forest's stuttering form has been turned round since Dougie Freedman took over the reins at the City Ground. As at Palace and Bolton, Freedman has former Charlton manager, Lennie Lawrence, as his assistant.

Guy Luzon has several injury problems and is likely to be without Chris Solly, Rhoys Wiggins, Tal Ben Haim, Johann Gudmundsson and Johnnie Jackson, with one or two others also struggling.

Luzon will want to make as few changes as possible to the side that swept Huddersfield aside but a number will be enforced upon him. His team may look something like this:

Henderson; Wilson, Gomez, Diarra, Fox; Eagles, Cousins, Buyens, Bulot; Watt, Vetokele.

Subs: Dmitrovic, Bikey, Lennon, Lepoint, Harriott, Church, Ahearne-Grant.

Simon Hooper from Wiltshire will be the man in charge.

The Addicks will have to be on their mettle if they are to win again and much will depend on what team Luzon is able to put out.

Freedman will fancy his chances of winning this one but will find Charlton's momentum difficult to overcome.
  • High scoring draw.

3-3
  • Can see plenty of goals tonight. Going for a 3-2 home victory.
  • Both teams smashing in goals so I can see a draw 1-1 Igor.
    I just hope its a big crowd with a few newbies excited by saturdays display.
  • Can't see us winning it but I think Forest will be a lot more cautious than if they had played us 5 weeks ago.

Draw 1 - 1

They score first and then we batter them
  • Charlton 0-2 Forest

RD OG
  • Think we had a chance with our best starting eleven but think we will struggle if Gudmundson, Solly, Ben Haim, Johnson are all out. Liked the look of Eagles and Diarra on Saturday though so won't completely despair just yet.
  • The 3-0s have been against sides not on form and not as good as Forrest. Think this will be more on the level of the Derby game, so hope Guy has learned a few lessons there about not just playing our own style regardless. We're at home, should be a threat, game 9 for our new manager.... draw for me here although a win may make me fall off the fence into the Guy Luzon camp.