Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luzon's reaction to Wigan result

13»

Comments

• To be honest, he's probably smart enough to know that two good results aren't enough to make him exactly popular - at best I think fans are acknowledging he is at least competent if not yet amazing, and can keep us up if he carries on as he's left off. But with his legacy from 'The Network' and all the baggage that comes with, I would be very surprised if he tries to befriend the crowd... at least for now. Once we beat the scum at their place he'll be the toast of Charlton!
  • thenewbie said:

To be honest, he's probably smart enough to know that two good results aren't enough to make him exactly popular - at best I think fans are acknowledging he is at least competent if not yet amazing, and can keep us up if he carries on as he's left off. But with his legacy from 'The Network' and all the baggage that comes with, I would be very surprised if he tries to befriend the crowd... at least for now. Once we beat the scum at their place he'll be the toast of Charlton!

If we beat Millwall at their place,
    Guy Luzon can have a statue next to Sam Bartram.

• I have to say I think going from nothing to two 3-0 wins on the trot IS pretty f***ing amazing.
  • thenewbie said:

To be honest, he's probably smart enough to know that two good results aren't enough to make him exactly popular - at best I think fans are acknowledging he is at least competent if not yet amazing, and can keep us up if he carries on as he's left off. But with his legacy from 'The Network' and all the baggage that comes with, I would be very surprised if he tries to befriend the crowd... at least for now. Once we beat the scum at their place he'll be the toast of Charlton!

If we beat Millwall at their place,
    Guy Luzon can have a statue next to Sam Bartram.

Works for me :wink:
  • I would like the statue to depict Luzon kicking a lion in the cobblers...

But we know it won't happen.
  • Two swallows and all that. As I said previously, my instinctive impression is to dislike Luzon. That had a lot to do with the circumstances of his arrival, what I detected as arrogance, his ridiculous antics in the technical area and the fact that the players appeared to treat him with disdain. I also said that he would earn my respect if he demonstrably turned things round. I'm prepared to acknowledge that things have taken a turn for the better and I will give Luzon the benefit of the doubt for now. The arrival circumstances are now spilt milk, he still looks arrogant and behaves like a dick but crucially, he has got the teams set up properly and the relationship with the players will surely follow. I'm still a long way from singing his name but at least there is hope. Fair play to him for the moment. Let's see in another six games.
  • I would like the statue to depict Luzon kicking a lion in the cobblers...

But we know it won't happen.

What won't, the statue or the win? :wink:
  • Well said SGL!
  • What I said I would have liked (when hired) from his first 10 games (and what we've got):

Wolves (A) - 0 - 1
    Rotherham (H) - 3 - 1
    Middlesborough (A) - 1 - 0
    Norwich (H) - 1 - 0
    Brentford (H) - 1 - 3
    Wigan (A) - 1 - 3
    Derby (A) - 0
    Huds (H) - 3
    Forrest (H) - 3
    Cardiff (A) - 0

So by this stage I would have hoped for 7 points. We have 8 thanks to the last 2 games. Doing well so far, wont pass judgment on him yet.

One thing I do hope is that if he is doing well by the end of the season we dont ship him out. Stability in playing staff and management will be key to kicking on and somewhere I feel we've gone wrong this last year.
  • Two swallows and all that. As I said previously, my instinctive impression is to dislike Luzon. That had a lot to do with the circumstances of his arrival, what I detected as arrogance, his ridiculous antics in the technical area and the fact that the players appeared to treat him with disdain. I also said that he would earn my respect if he demonstrably turned things round. I'm prepared to acknowledge that things have taken a turn for the better and I will give Luzon the benefit of the doubt for now. The arrival circumstances are now spilt milk, he still looks arrogant and behaves like a dick but crucially, he has got the teams set up properly and the relationship with the players will surely follow. I'm still a long way from singing his name but at least there is hope. Fair play to him for the moment. Let's see in another six games.

Like what?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2015

Two swallows and all that. As I said previously, my instinctive impression is to dislike Luzon. That had a lot to do with the circumstances of his arrival, what I detected as arrogance, his ridiculous antics in the technical area and the fact that the players appeared to treat him with disdain. I also said that he would earn my respect if he demonstrably turned things round. I'm prepared to acknowledge that things have taken a turn for the better and I will give Luzon the benefit of the doubt for now. The arrival circumstances are now spilt milk, he still looks arrogant and behaves like a dick but crucially, he has got the teams set up properly and the relationship with the players will surely follow. I'm still a long way from singing his name but at least there is hope. Fair play to him for the moment. Let's see in another six games.

Ha ha Judging a book by it's cover much?

I don't find him arrogant, I don't think he acts like a dick, I don't think the players treat him with any disdain...

I didn't like the nature of his arrival, things however have improved a ton since he arrived.

Scored
    Before Luzon - 25 goals in 26 games (0.96 pg) - With Luzon 10 goals in 6 games (1.66 pg)
    Conceded
    Before 35 in 26 (1.34 pg) - With 5 in 6 (0.833 pg)