Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luzon's reaction to Wigan result

Comments

• Good interview Louis.

“Our target was to come here and to play football, to play the ball on the ground like we did against Brentford.
    “A good team knows how to win here.
    “They know how to win on a good pitch and on a bad pitch.
  • Seems to be gaining in confidence
  • He ain't a bad coach
  • Putting a team out isn't like selecting your fantasy football team, 2 up front, Bulot on the left, JBG on the right. Clearly a lot of coaching has been about fast and lethal breaks, so Luzon (and Matthew) deserve a lot of credit
  • We've scored 8 in the last 2.5 games

Interesting that 442 has been employed for that period.

Amazing what a couple of results can do - there seems to be a swagger and for the first time in years we look very strong on the counter attack
  • just 36% possession again that's - not a lot of time with the ball to score 3 (again)
  • Possession means nothing :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:

Possession means nothing :smiley:

goals matter but if there is some tactic to sit and break it will only work well to a point. working so far though.
  • PL54 said:

stonemuse said:

goals matter but if there is some tactic to sit and break it will only work well to a point. working so far though.
    Won Cheslea the 2nd biggest prize in football.

• PL54 said:

stonemuse said:

Won Cheslea the 2nd biggest prize in football.

After the JPT you mean?
  • edited February 2015
    They put on a load of attackers to try to score so we also put on an attacker to try and take advantage of their lack of defence. Love that!
  • stonemuse said:

9/10th of the law!
  • edited February 2015

He ain't a bad coach

Time will tell but he seems to be getting better with each game. It irks me that he shows no acknowledgment of the fans. yes he got pelters on arrival, but, firstly, he asked for our support before Brentford, as did Jackson, and when we have given it, he should respond. secondly, having a manager that shows regard to the fans will build the overall relationship with the club owners and finally, there will be dark days ahead and he and his team will be better witha relationship with the fans than without it.

I am not anti Luzon or anti network, but i feel that not acknowledging the crowd (other than mentioning in a radio interview) and the late cancellation of his appearance at the VIP meeting does disrespect us.
  • edited February 2015
    I think he's had a bum rap from us fans because of the way his transfer was handled. Personally, I'm still suspicious as to RD's motives for hiring him (cheap? yes man?) especially given the indecent haste of his appointment, but that doesn't mean that he's not a good coach and doesn't want the best for Charlton. I'd like to see us give him some vocal support at games.
  • edited February 2015
    Guy Luzon's Red Army. That is all
  • thenewbie said:

Fair play to the bloke, he came in to a resounding shrug of shoulders (at best), didn't get the early wins that might have won a few over but has kept plugging away and working hard and now we've got a squad that seems to have regrown it's confidence. No doubt some senior players have had a hand in that but if Guy is sensible he'll have let the Johnsons and Jacksons do the speeches and focus on drilling the new methods... and it's worked. I doubt I will ever like him, personally, in the way I came to like Riga but if he does the job right then personality comes a long way second!

I have a feeling the Johnson wants to be the Jackson

• Sponsored links:

• I think it is a great pity that he did not give Henderson praise for his saves which were the foundation of our win, instead he said that Henderson did not touch the ball.
  • Kap10 said:

He ain't a bad coach

Time will tell but he seems to be getting better with each game. It irks me that he shows no acknowledgment of the fans. yes he got pelters on arrival, but, firstly, he asked for our support before Brentford, as did Jackson, and when we have given it, he should respond. secondly, having a manager that shows regard to the fans will build the overall relationship with the club owners and finally, there will be dark days ahead and he and his team will be better witha relationship with the fans than without it.

I am not anti Luzon or anti network, but i feel that not acknowledging the crowd (other than mentioning in a radio interview) and the late cancellation of his appearance at the VIP meeting does disrespect us.
    I agree, id always expect players and staff to applaud the travelling fans, but some don't. Luzon isn't the only culprit. He's also been given a lot of stick but last night he had positive words to say about the fans (albeit he was asked) so perhaps, and I hope, he gets a clap to his dugout at home games and in turn acknowledges our support.
  • I like the way Luzon dismissed the Johnson is brave tact from the last journo. Dismissive as if to say, so what he can run cant he?

He's a bloke earning a living and doing a decent job so far. I for one dont think we should be battling him because of his boss. That would be fairly self defeating on our part.

• I have seen Luzon clap the fans ? Pretty sure he did as he walked off at Brentford
  • I have seen Luzon clap the fans ? Pretty sure he did as he walked off at Brentford

He clapped the fans last night (I think I might have a photo to prove it), but he didn't walk much further than the half way line.
  • I'm starting to like him. The results are helping.
  • PL54 said:

just 36% possession again that's - not a lot of time with the ball to score 3 (again)

10 tippy-tappy sideways and backwards passes ........ or a couple of touches on a 10 yard run, a sweeping pass and a first time shot, GOAL!

Which is the most effective?

• Kap10 said:

He ain't a bad coach

What about the disrespect the fans showed him?

I think both sides could learn from ain't and do better, after all we love the club and he works for it