Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luzon's reaction to Wigan result

Comments

• edited February 2015
    SEFREE said:

thenewbie said:

Fair play to the bloke, he came in to a resounding shrug of shoulders (at best), didn't get the early wins that might have won a few over but has kept plugging away and working hard and now we've got a squad that seems to have regrown it's confidence. No doubt some senior players have had a hand in that but if Guy is sensible he'll have let the Johnsons and Jacksons do the speeches and focus on drilling the new methods... and it's worked. I doubt I will ever like him, personally, in the way I came to like Riga but if he does the job right then personality comes a long way second!

I have a feeling the Johnson wants to be the Jackson

I think that Johnson is going for the Black Knight award previously held by Yann.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjEcj8KpuJw

• HaHa.......these comments "crack" me up!!
    Its amazing what a couple of wins can do.........a couple of weeks ago he was getting absolute "pelters" "He never knew what he was doing" "He's a fucking network puppet" I love it!!
    What happens "if" "when" we lose or don't win by 3 goals???..............I think I know :smiley:

You got to love football supporters...............especially Charlton ones!! :wink:

COYR.............and you Guy, keep it up lad!!!
  • edited February 2015

HaHa.......these comments "crack" me up!!
    Its amazing what a couple of wins can do.........a couple of weeks ago he was getting absolute "pelters" "He never knew what he was doing" "He's a fucking network puppet" I love it!!
    What happens "if" "when" we lose or don't win by 3 goals???..............I think I know :smiley:

You got to love football supporters...............especially Charlton ones!! :wink:

COYR.............and you Guy, keep it up lad!!!

NEWSFLASH:

Football Fans Are Fickle!

Who knew?

Jury is still out for me. We got a couple of wins, one against a team with internal issues at the time (Brentford) and one against a team that clearly cannot defend for toffee (Wigan). Full credit for taking advantage of these situations, but only time will tell whether it's a complete revival. I'm very much hoping we have turned a corner, and if Luzon is responsible for that, full respect to him.
  • It's the team we support and it's the team I think should acknowledge the fans not necessarily the manager after all he is part of the 'support' by motivating and directing the team as well as picking and subbing. I have no problem with him in the background.
  • edited February 2015
    get the feeling from his interviews he's big on the players working hard and being organised. I know it should be a given that they do work hard but sometimes it's how you get that message across and put it into play.

maybe the players like him and want to play for him.
  • How can you argue with 2 3-0 wins?
  • Sponsored links:

• Kap10 said:

He ain't a bad coach

Time will tell but he seems to be getting better with each game. It irks me that he shows no acknowledgment of the fans. yes he got pelters on arrival, but, firstly, he asked for our support before Brentford, as did Jackson, and when we have given it, he should respond. secondly, having a manager that shows regard to the fans will build the overall relationship with the club owners and finally, there will be dark days ahead and he and his team will be better witha relationship with the fans than without it.

I am not anti Luzon or anti network, but i feel that not acknowledging the crowd (other than mentioning in a radio interview) and the late cancellation of his appearance at the VIP meeting does disrespect us.
    He was watching Reading v Wigan and obviously time well spent! Great result so stop knocking/moaning for once
  • stevec said:

Kap10 said:

He ain't a bad coach

Time will tell but he seems to be getting better with each game. It irks me that he shows no acknowledgment of the fans. yes he got pelters on arrival, but, firstly, he asked for our support before Brentford, as did Jackson, and when we have given it, he should respond. secondly, having a manager that shows regard to the fans will build the overall relationship with the club owners and finally, there will be dark days ahead and he and his team will be better witha relationship with the fans than without it.

I am not anti Luzon or anti network, but i feel that not acknowledging the crowd (other than mentioning in a radio interview) and the late cancellation of his appearance at the VIP meeting does disrespect us.
    He was watching Reading v Wigan and obviously time well spent! Great result so stop knocking/moaning for once
    Hence the late, no problems with him cancelling but last minute is disrespectful by him and the club.
  • stonemuse said:

Possession means nothing :smiley:

Certainly doesn't. Swansea City posession was 35.6% compared to Manchester United 64.4%.
  • I would have been upset if he attended a VIP meeting rather than go to Reading v Wigan to be fair.
  • I would have been upset if he attended a VIP meeting rather than go to Reading v Wigan to be fair.

Me too.

But warn the fans of it, not just tell you as you arrive. Not like you decide 30mins before the start of the meeting, he will have known that morning at a bare minimum.
  • blimey his english has improved since that first interview

He can speak English, but clearly was a bit rusty when he first came over.

He can speak English, but clearly was a bit rusty when he first came over.
    It can be really hard to get your "ear in" with how native speakers talk. As a person who struggles with foreign languages I could speak reasonably good "Spanish" with other foreigners but really struggled to understand/be understood by natives.
  • I couldn't give a toss if he acknowledges the fans or totally ignores us. I don't want a PR man as manager, I want a manager who can set up a team that plays attractive football, that works hard, gets on well together (a k a has a good team spirit and work ethic) and wins football matches

Agreed. Absolutely no one on this site is going to post after a 3-0 defeat, "oh well we got hammered but never mind the result, at least Luzon gave us a wave".
    Who was it who complained at the CAST meeting that after the Brentford 3-0 he didn't come over to the fans?

• Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:

We seem to has quite a few delicate fans on here, oooh I'm upset he didn't wave at me.

If he gets team playing well and winning that'll do for me.

Nah, a wave means more than a win.
    Seriously, though, if you've spent time and money travelling miles to support the team through thick and thin, it's probably not too much to ask for the manager to briefly indicate his appreciation.
    Did you travel to Wigan?
  • No, I've spent plenty of time and money over the years and not too worried about a getting a wave from the manager, more concerned about the result.

Went to Wigan when we got beat 3-0, really bad performance, players came over at the end and were told to f*** off in no uncertain terms.

What next after a wave, I presume everyone would want a hug?
  • iaitch said:

more concerned about the result.

As I'm sure is everybody else
  • There's a few on here more concerned with getting a wave!!!
  • Not sure I remember Curbs being too luvey dovey.
  • I don't normally get too involved in slagging of managers at a match, but I did lose my head and got caught up in the moment in the first half against Norwich and gave Guy pelters when we were 2-0 down against Norwich, I think it was more the crouching by the touch line, looking like a right numpty, whilst we were getting hammered, that wound me up , I apologise Guy, so I'm not surprised if he doesn't yet wave to the fans.

Am I bothered? Not particularly, but it would help build bridges with fans if he quit the crouching tiger act , waved to the fans at the end, and won every match by 3 goals.
  • Not sure I remember Curbs being too luvey dovey.

Maybe not, but I always remember seeing him clapping with his hands above his head in acknowlement of the support.
  • I demand to feel appreciated.