Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

6 Pointer At Wigan.

Comments

• se9addick said:

think its weird that its Friday but not on tele, was there a reason for this

The Wigan rugby team are at home on Saturday and they take precedence.
    Their rugby is the only decent thing in Wigan.
    Northern Soul.
  • Yep going, up in Warrington for the weekend.

Ah yes, somewhere more attractive than Wigan :-)
  • Wanna go to this and looking at Valley express, does anyone know how long before kickoff it gets there?

From my experience they budget on an hour before kick-off.
  • Wanna go to this and looking at Valley express, does anyone know how long before kickoff it gets there?

From my experience they budget on an hour before kick-off.
    Cheers
  • Is there likely to be a stream for it?
  • The Fanackapans will be at this one, travelling up on Friday morning and cheapo night at Mercure Wigan Oak Hotel (£55 double) which is in walking distance of the ground.

Hope we manage to get a decent turn out although it's a 4 hour drive (from Dartford)

just tried to book a twin room and they're sold out. Only doubles left.
  • The Fanackapans will be at this one, travelling up on Friday morning and cheapo night at Mercure Wigan Oak Hotel (£55 double) which is in walking distance of the ground.

Hope we manage to get a decent turn out although it's a 4 hour drive (from Dartford)

you'll be lucky to get anywhere in Wigan on a friday

http://www.premierinn.com/en/checkHotel/WIGHAR/wigan-town-centre
    This place still has singles, or a double at £52, there is about six of us staying here.
  • Not necessary to win, but must not lose, keep points difference between us, but after yesterday, unless they have a good win on Tuesday, their confidence must be low and ours high, means a lot depending who scores first goal
  • Wigan is the game we have to get something from, a point would be ok but should try to use the confidence from Saturday and go for a win. may need to rest Solly, Watt and Igor for Derby, make sure all 3 are 100% for the winnable game against udders.

we have left ourselves so short of strikers that we would have to perm any 2 of church,harriott(a winger) and Aherne-grant against Derby this makes common sense as both Watt and Igor need to be managed to keep them playing at their max.

I love attacking football but have no problem with being negative against Derby as we have to focus the Wigan and Udders game to pick up points.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll be there. First time I'll see us this season! COYA. Never been to an away game and see us lose. Jinxed it now

Ah, that's a shame.

Sleeping bag on our floor ?

:smiley:

This place still has singles, or a double at £52, there is about six of us staying here.
    Thanks for that but i'll be with my son and he's a big lump. So i's got to be a twin.

Ah, that's a shame.

Sleeping bag on our floor ?

:smiley:

thanks but i'm a bit old for that sort of thing.
  • Anyone know anywhere in SE London which might be showing a stream of this?

I booked into the Wigan Central Premier Inn (even though I can't stand the sight of Lenny Henry) .. £35 for a double and that was booked in November !!
    As to it being a six pointer, I agree with SJ .. it's not quite that desperate yet but a point or three would be very useful.
  • Looking forward to this one, meeting up with some friends who are Wigan supporters in 'The Red Robin'. Gotta be a good omen.

I booked into the Wigan Central Premier Inn (even though I can't stand the sight of Lenny Henry) .. £35 for a double and that was booked in November !!
    As to it being a six pointer, I agree with SJ .. it's not quite that desperate yet but a point or three would be very useful.
    I think it is a 6 pointer, as if Wigan win they start closing the gap on us and may start getting some momentum, whereas if we win then we create what is probably an unbridgeable gap between us. The boost in confidence of back to back wins would be massive too.
  • Surely has to be the same team as Saturday barring injuries.. and the front four plus cousins must remain the same!
  • Saw the title and thought "not fucking Bernie Ecclestone interferring again?!".
  • Sponsored links:

I think it is a 6 pointer, as if Wigan win they start closing the gap on us and may start getting some momentum, whereas if we win then we create what is probably an unbridgeable gap between us. The boost in confidence of back to back wins would be massive too.
    Would love us to win this one, it's balmy we're into mid Feb and haven't recorded back to back wins in the league all season.

• It's definitely a 6 pointer. Wigan are struggling on the field at least as badly as Charlton. We have to beat the teams around and below us and if the chance comes along we have to beat them hard. Any extra distance between us and 22nd is valuable. Saturday was a delightful surprise but until the team has done that 3 or 4 more times and maintained any sort of form we're still up to our neck in the smelly stuff. Hopefully Wigan will get a new clutch of injuries and suspensions from their Reading game. COYR
  • se9addick said:

Their pitch is already poor, now the RL season has started it will really take a hammering!
    although Rugby League is nowhere near as tough on pitches as the Union version
  • How many tickets sold for this so far?
  • E-cafc said:

How many tickets sold for this so far?

• Struggling to justify the spend on getting from Lilleshall to Wigan, then drive back, and be in a fit state to interview in the morning, will ponder more!
  • Shrew said:

Looking forward to this one, meeting up with some friends who are Wigan supporters in 'The Red Robin'. Gotta be a good omen.

Fairly sure you have to be having a meal at the Red Robin to get in pre match.

• se9addick said:

Their pitch is already poor, now the RL season has started it will really take a hammering!
    although Rugby League is nowhere near as tough on pitches as the Union version
    True, scrums are a nightmare for the turf!
  • we'll fuck it up...

you know it
    I know it

It's the Charlton way!
  • E-cafc said:

How many tickets sold for this so far?

Good turnout so far then!