Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

6 Pointer At Wigan.

Cant make this one bit gutted after today's performance, but is it next Saturday, or on tele on Friday night anyone going?

Comments

• I'll be there. It's on a Friday night
  • Wigan play on Tuesday as well. Hopefully they will be tired.
  • You just know Wigan will go to Reading during the week and thrash them 3-0. Just our luck
  • Wanna go to this and looking at Valley express, does anyone know how long before kickoff it gets there?
  • think its weird that its Friday but not on tele, was there a reason for this

The Wigan rugby team are at home on Saturday and they take precedence.

Think they got a rugby game on Saturday.
  • Massive game - if we play like we did today we should turn them over.

Win this and we're on 39 points with 14 games to go, not safe but much, much more comfortable in the space of a week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not sure if I class this as a six pointer as its quite a gap, I think the bottom 2 are a forgone conclusion I'm looking at position 22 and hoping that millwank stay there.

Agreed, had we lost today it would have been a six pointer but today's win has given us some breathing space that if Wigan do win then all they've done is clawed back the points we won today.
  • Not sure if I class this as a six pointer as its quite a gap, I think the bottom 2 are a forgone conclusion I'm looking at position 22 and hoping that millwank stay there.

Agreed, had we lost today it would have been a six pointer but today's win has given us some breathing space that if Wigan do win then all they've done is clawed back the points we won today.
    Depends whether they win on Tuesday.

• Friday is a GREAT chance of 3 points, you can imagine the atmosphere there if we take the lead, we really need to put our effort into that match, as we're likely to lose at Derby on the following Tuesday
  • I'm working on Shropshire all weekend, tempted to hire a car and drive up
  • The Fanackapans will be at this one, travelling up on Friday morning and cheapo night at Mercure Wigan Oak Hotel (£55 double) which is in walking distance of the ground.

Hope we manage to get a decent turn out although it's a 4 hour drive (from Dartford)
  • Friday is a GREAT chance of 3 points, you can imagine the atmosphere there if we take the lead, we really need to put our effort into that match, as we're likely to lose at Derby on the following Tuesday

Agreed. I'd even go as far as saying Luzon should consider resting players for Derby away. Make them give it their all up at Wigan, rest some for Derby then go full strength again for the huddersfield game

Probably because only about 7 people would tune in.
  • se9addick said:

think its weird that its Friday but not on tele, was there a reason for this

Their pitch is already poor, now the RL season has started it will really take a hammering!
  • se9addick said:

Their rugby is the only decent thing in Wigan.
  • 5 from Stockport going :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Heavy pitch from watching the highlights of the Wigan Huddersfield Super League game from last night. No time for pretty passing football.
  • Rothko said:

I'm working on Shropshire all weekend, tempted to hire a car and drive up

If you need a lift back to shropshire let me know.
  • se9addick said:

Pies.
  • se9addick said:

Pies.
    Piers
  • se9addick said:

Pies.
    Piers
    New word game? 'Ripe' :-0
  • Anyone know anywhere in SE London which might be showing a stream of this?
  • Yep going, up in Warrington for the weekend.
  • If we can get another win then we go up six places which would be good to see and puts the pressure on the clubs playing the following.
  • Yep, one of my rare away games. I wasn't really looking forward to it, but after yesterday I can't wait.