Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Buyens at full time

13»

Comments

• This is what Curbs and later on Chris Powell meant when they said you have to be a "Charlton Player" to play for the club. I think they are spot on, the players that do not show the (us) supporters respect by trying their absolute best week in week out are NOT wanted at the Valley. If he is showing a bad attitude he can F off, he wont be missed, after all he isn't even that good although I must admit I quite liked him earlier on in the season, especially the way he took those penalty's! Hopefully he just needed the "bathroom" a bit lively after the match and we are all assuming the worst! I don't want anything to ruin the best Saturday in three months!!

COYR.............
  • There were a couple of potential through balls yesterday where if the weight of the pass had been slightly different he would have created a clear goal scoring opportunity. Given the lack of opportunities for such passes in recent times perhaps we should allow a little more time for perfection to be achieved.
  • As far as the Standard fans are concerned, he's the only decent network player we've been sent, and they'd have him back in a heartbeat. The circumstances of him being here are pretty odd, talk of a fallout with another player over a woman, which meant that he had to leave SL. They said he is a box to box midfielder but Peeters played him as Poyet's replacement.

He would have worked well if we had built a team to pass its way out of this division like Swansea did, and when I saw the early games I thought maybe this was the plan. But we didn't have the quality. It's all about digging in, Championship style, Jacko leading, hopefully Roger Johnson looking to redeem himself and Tony Watt bringing some Scottish passion. This probably isn't the right club at the right time for Yoni Buyens, but I think that's a pity.

if he continues his spat with Luzon he may will be on the plane back fairly quickly. it must irk him that hes being followed by a manager he dislikes.

i think theres a lot of arrogance about him. he is far too good for us in his mind.

he played a lovely little ball to split the B's defence yesterday 2nd half, sadly to nobody but with two to aim for upfront now i think we will see some of his hidden class come out.
  • Don't think he was that bad yesterday, the passing didn't always come off but at least he was trying to pick the front two out instead of the perpetual sideways/backwards tedium we've had for so long, and he was getting stuck in and fighting a lot more than he has in recent times. Could well be he buggered off rather than have to act all matey with Luzon if there is still bad blood, if so, I don't care. Do your job in the 90 on the pitch and as far as I'm concerned you can head right down the tunnel if you want, it really makes no difference once full time is called.
  • I thought he was good yesterday
    His only shortcoming is that he wants more time on the ball than the Championship allows. He tried some good theough balls some didn't work some did.