Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Buyens at full time

Might just be me but thought buyens reaction at full time was strange.

Great team performance and decent enough game from buyens but marched straight off the pitch when the whistle went while the rest of the team congratulated each other.

Making something out of nothing or a player no longer interested in playing for the club?

Comments

• I still think he looks like he doesn't want to be here which is a concern if Jackos injury is serious.
  • I noticed that too, didn't seem too happy did he.
  • Something seemed to go wrong a month or so ago - he was brilliant at the start of the season but seems really uninterested now.
  • Walked off with a strop I thought
    But deffo had his best game in ages
  • WSS said:

To me he looked like he an almost solid performance today...almost as classy as he was at the beginning of the season

He couldn't pick a pass to save his life.

He thinks he is better than he is, play it simple - you're not Pirlo.
    When motivated I think he was a really strong player at the start of the season, but his motivation seemed to disappear recently and with it his ability to influence games in the way he was.
  • Sponsored links:

• It seemed to be a different Buyens today. The early season Buyens seemed to keep his passing short and accurate and would rarely put a tackle in and if he did would pick up a yellow card.

Today Buyens tried more forward passes than usual which didn't always work out but I thought he actually broke up play and won a few tackles, nothing in the way of Solly-like winning tackles but enough to break up play.

But yes he did seem intent in marching straight off the pitch again at full time until it seems he was prompted to briefly clap the fans.
  • Agree he was very good at the start of the season...seems to have lost interest.

Very strange reaction at full time and need players like Jackson atm who want to fight for the club
  • Thought he did OK today.
  • Nicholas said:

WSS said:

To me he looked like he an almost solid performance today...almost as classy as he was at the beginning of the season

Give over he was very good today. Least he tried to make things happen. The longer he has two strikers in front of him the better he will get.
    Obviously see things different - just think he sometimes tries things he is simply not capable of. Usually in positions that puts us on the back foot.
  • Needed to pee
  • Couldn't get off quick enough to pick up his wages
  • He doesn't get on with Luzon does he? Probably that.
  • WSS said:

Behave he was class in the second half
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2015
    I thought he broke up the play well, his passing was very poor though. Possibly because he was trying to be a bit more creative than usual to be fair to him, however he gave the ball away far too often.
  • Talal said:

I still think he looks like he doesn't want to be here which is a concern if Jackos injury is serious.

Have no fear, Christophe Lepoint to the rescue!
    Let's not write him off just yet. To be fair, based on the Belgian fans' description of Lepoint as a battler who maybe lacks a bit of pace, he is probably a more like for like replacement for Jacko.

Wasn't there today but sounded like we had solidity and work rate right down the spine of the team and it made a big difference.

Buyens can contribute to that, but if his heart isn't in it he's better off on the bench, we can't afford to have a passenger in the centre of a 4 man midfield.
  • He was making telling tackles and interceptions when they were needed and in keeping with our change if game plan was playing through balls which on another day would have resulted in goals... A couple of wayward passes are ways expected...that was a good performance today
  • Glad I'm not the only one. Thought I was going mad and I wasn't even drinking that much today.
  • WSS said:

Glad I'm not the only one. Thought I was going mad and I wasn't even drinking that much today.

I thought he was abysmal too, so definitely not just you - the one sour point of the day.
  • He was making telling tackles and interceptions when they were needed and in keeping with our change if game plan was playing through balls which on another day would have resulted in goals... A couple of wayward passes are ways expected...that was a good performance today

This is his true talent. If you don't watch him for every second, he does enough to give the casual observer the sense that he's doing the right stuff. It's only if you look at him closely that you realise, he's the facsimile of a footballer. A fraud. A pretender who knows what moves to make to avoid being found out. He's very talented at it and I respect him for that.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

He was making telling tackles and interceptions when they were needed and in keeping with our change if game plan was playing through balls which on another day would have resulted in goals... A couple of wayward passes are ways expected...that was a good performance today

This is his true talent. If you don't watch him for every second, he does enough to give the casual observer the sense that he's doing the right stuff. It's only if you look at him closely that you realise, he's the facsimile of a footballer. A fraud. A pretender who knows what moves to make to avoid being found out. He's very talented at it and I respect him for that.
    JiMMy 85 said:

He was making telling tackles and interceptions when they were needed and in keeping with our change if game plan was playing through balls which on another day would have resulted in goals... A couple of wayward passes are ways expected...that was a good performance today

JiMMy 85 said:

And we should all respect the opinion of somebody that solely watches buyers all match ?
  • Compared to Tuesday, he was World Class.