Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Buyens at full time

Comments

• Thought he was the only one who didn't play well today. Weird how people see it differently.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

He was making telling tackles and interceptions when they were needed and in keeping with our change if game plan was playing through balls which on another day would have resulted in goals... A couple of wayward passes are ways expected...that was a good performance today

This is his true talent. If you don't watch him for every second, he does enough to give the casual observer the sense that he's doing the right stuff. It's only if you look at him closely that you realise, he's the facsimile of a footballer. A fraud. A pretender who knows what moves to make to avoid being found out. He's very talented at it and I respect him for that.
    JiMMy 85 said:

He was making telling tackles and interceptions when they were needed and in keeping with our change if game plan was playing through balls which on another day would have resulted in goals... A couple of wayward passes are ways expected...that was a good performance today

This is his true talent. If you don't watch him for every second, he does enough to give the casual observer the sense that he's doing the right stuff. It's only if you look at him closely that you realise, he's the facsimile of a footballer. A fraud. A pretender who knows what moves to make to avoid being found out. He's very talented at it and I respect him for that.
    JiMMy 85 said:

And we should all respect the opinion of somebody that solely watches buyers all match ?
    Well... Yes. I wouldn't take my opinion of anyone else too seriously though.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

You're sounding like the facsimile of a football analyst...
    I wasn't there today but it sounds like Buyens had a decent game, let's hope he can rediscover his early season form. Getting on his back, even after a positive performance will never help that happen.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

That's the most stupid thing i've ever read on this forum since Curbs out
  • Buyens was definitely better than in recent weeks, a few decent defensive interceptions and he didn't get booked either!

On the debit side, a few of his forward passes were well overhit and defensively he's still too weak for this league
  • Wasn't at the game but the fact he is even trying forward passes is a step up even if they are shite
  • Buyens has been dragged into the Come in No. 4 debate. As he was sometimes seen as an alternative to Jacko, some seem to see any praise of him as being knocking JJ and vice versa. At least they both have a serious lack of pace in common and I think that neither are the answer to our problems.

Jimmy - what are your views on Jackson this season as a matter of interest?
  • I feel like I'm being trapped here! Hmm... Ok here goes... I figure his body can't quite do what he wants, and without a decent team around him he's not quite capable of doing enough to fix the situation. He's less influential passing-wise and not quite as tenacious as he once was.

I have a feeling he's still our best midfield brain though, and today, partnered with Cousins in the middle, I thought he was more like Jacko of the past. Two or three games ago I was sad to think we have to accept he might not be the guy to save us but for 40 minutes today he appeared otherwise.
  • Sponsored links:

• As far as the Standard fans are concerned, he's the only decent network player we've been sent, and they'd have him back in a heartbeat. The circumstances of him being here are pretty odd, talk of a fallout with another player over a woman, which meant that he had to leave SL. They said he is a box to box midfielder but Peeters played him as Poyet's replacement.

He would have worked well if we had built a team to pass its way out of this division like Swansea did, and when I saw the early games I thought maybe this was the plan. But we didn't have the quality. It's all about digging in, Championship style, Jacko leading, hopefully Roger Johnson looking to redeem himself and Tony Watt bringing some Scottish passion. This probably isn't the right club at the right time for Yoni Buyens, but I think that's a pity.
  • Might just be me but thought buyens reaction at full time was strange.

Great team performance and decent enough game from buyens but marched straight off the pitch when the whistle went while the rest of the team congratulated each other.

Making something out of nothing or a player no longer interested in playing for the club?

do you know, i thought it was odd - everyone was so positive but he couldnt get down the tunnel quick enough - i know all players are different and do their own thing sometimes, ...but it felt that everyone was together today, and he'd left the pitch before most brentford players.. Minor gripe hopefully

• you people on here always think of negative things to wright about after that result who cares about buyons
  • Thought Buyens made a few mistakes today and a couple of them when he lost possession could have cost us especially if Brentford had come back to 2-1, but didn't notice any glaring disinterest in the cause. I think for quite a few of these players and above it's just their job - the thing that pays their wages. It was telling to see Tony Watt show such genuine applause at the end. His heart is in the right place.
  • It's Valentines Day he is obviously on a promise and wanted to make sure he wasn't late
  • When he first came on he had not warmed up properly.
    I find it difficult to understand people critisiz[ng
    his performance when he was doing his best and he had a decent game in the second half. Okay he misplaces passes from time to time but I think he was giving his all today.

• We have just beaten a top 6 team comfortably, with both wingers and a striker scoring and yet people are still finding things to try and criticise network players, leave off ffs
  • I thought he was decent. Cousins liberated both him and JJ.
  • WSS said:

Nicholas said:

WSS said:

To me he looked like he an almost solid performance today...almost as classy as he was at the beginning of the season

He couldn't pick a pass to save his life.

He thinks he is better than he is, play it simple - you're not Pirlo.
    Give over he was very good today. Least he tried to make things happen. The longer he has two strikers in front of him the better he will get.
    Obviously see things different - just think he sometimes tries things he is simply not capable of. Usually in positions that puts us on the back foot.
    Complete and utter tosh, fitness played a part, Igor and Watty with another 3 games under there belts would have been on the end of a few of them passes in the last twenty minutes.
  • Sponsored links:

• WSSWSS
    edited February 2015
    Jose Stevinho
  • Might just be me but thought buyens reaction at full time was strange.

Great team performance and decent enough game from buyens but marched straight off the pitch when the whistle went while the rest hatof the team congratulated each other.

Making something out of nothing or a player no longer interested in playing for the club?

The fella is not really interested, has it taken you so long to realise that?
  • As far as the Standard fans are concerned, he's the only decent network player we've been sent, and they'd have him back in a heartbeat. The circumstances of him being here are pretty odd, talk of a fallout with another player over a woman, which meant that he had to leave SL. They said he is a box to box midfielder but Peeters played him as Poyet's replacement.

He would have worked well if we had built a team to pass its way out of this division like Swansea did, and when I saw the early games I thought maybe this was the plan. But we didn't have the quality. It's all about digging in, Championship style, Jacko leading, hopefully Roger Johnson looking to redeem himself and Tony Watt bringing some Scottish passion. This probably isn't the right club at the right time for Yoni Buyens, but I think that's a pity.

Every standard fan

Every standard fan
    Standard Socios/national newspaper journalist.

• i will never criticise a player for trying ambitious passes. They don't always come off, but the player who is too inhibited to play them for fear of critisism is the bigger issue. In this bad run, we have had too many players hiding. Buyens was not hiding yesterday and played his part.
  • Its a lot harder to come on as a sub and get into a game than start it. He did OK like the rest of the team.
    Most players (if not all) miss place passes especially when attacking.
    I dont read to much into his demeanor at the final whistle, he's a professional footballer playing for Charlton, not a fan playing for his local team.
  • Everyone in the team, not just Buyens, played better and it's down to them playing together as a team, pure and simple.

Whatever has been said or done - and picking a team which has the right guys in it is key - has made all the difference.
  • I thought he was a lot better yesterday and if anything, looked like he was trying too hard. Not a fan, but couldn't really knock yesterday's performance
  • WSS said:

To me he looked like he an almost solid performance today...almost as classy as he was at the beginning of the season

He couldn't pick a pass to save his life.

He thinks he is better than he is, play it simple - you're not Pirlo.

spot on
  • His workrate was up with where it should be yesterday. He tried a few things that didn't come off, but imo he was better than has been for a while.

Personally think he was a victim of screwing his first touch up yesterday. Poor pass into touch and immediately the blinkers come down and he is a "useless network (insert expletive)"

Has shown earlier in the season that he is a decent player. Rumours that him and Luzon don't get on and all of sudden he doesn't look happy here, any surprise?