Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Protest/let's show our dissatisfaction/ ideas thread - ideas for the public meeting

Comments

• Curb_It said:
    Charlton fans heckle president Duchâtelet with banner

Charlton fans heckle president Duchâtelet with banner
    It eloquent banner from the fans of Charlton TWITTER
    The new coach of the English second division club Charlton Athletic is as yet no success. Owner Roland Duchâtelet wanted to bring improvement and replaced by Bob Peeters former Standard coach Guy Luzon. However, that does not do much better.

Charlton lost 2-3 Tuesday against Norwich City and now waiting for 13 games on a three-pointer. The last victory dated November 8, 2014 (0-1-profit in Reading).

Due to the weak results Charlton slipped to a twentieth place and the club is thus only three points away from a relegation place.

The fans are furious and denounce the policy of Roland Duchâtelet. They express their discontent with the businessman with a banner telling.

Proper newspaper as well - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Het_Nieuwsblad

The most popular newspaper website in Flanders.
  • How about a giant wreath in red and white flowers with the words CAFC RIP being placed on the memorial garden in the SE corner of the Valley.
  • MrLargo said:

cabbles said:

Addicted said:

It has to be something mildly disruptive otherwise it's unlikely to get the attention of the likes of sky/bbc etc. I like the idea of the paper planes. Scarf thing seems a bit weak imo

I'd also be interested to see how the national media outlets might spin it as well. The likes of the news shopper and SLP have a better understanding of what is going on as they are closer to the situation. I can just imagine the national outlets getting it arse about face and positioning us as ungrateful and what are we moaning about type scenario.

The reason I think this is that when we played Rotherham and people were chanting 'you don't know what you're doing' to GL for subbing Vetokele, drive at talk sport included it in their heads gone section.

Now I wasn't one of the people chanting, I thought Vetokele had had an awful game and I didn't care who he took off, but I think we all know that chant was at the time, more in frustration aimed at the RD, as GL is basically his puppet. Yet talk sport see it as 'stupid Charlton fans having a pop at their new manager after only 1 game'

I just hope they take the time to understand why and how we are here, rather than 'oh, there's a protest of some sort at the Valley, let's give it some coverage'

Sometimes these guys show it in the wrong light because they can't be bothered to do a bit of digging
    All of the national newspaper reports on the sacking of Powell were negative - proper journalists know exactly what's going on and will be happy to report it as it is. I take your point about Drivetime on Talksport, but you have to make allowances for the fact that amiable Yorkshireman Darren Gough is as thick as a whale omelette and everything that Adrian Durham says is designed to provoke anger in the hope that it'll get some people to phone in.
    True, Durham does wind me up. Like I say mate, I just want this to be the platform for the message to really hit home. As I've mentioned I was pro network up until BP's sacking and everything that's happened after that. Now I realise it's a bit of a mess to say the least :(
  • Dansk_Red said:

How about a giant wreath in red and white flowers with the words CAFC RIP being placed on the memorial garden in the SE corner of the Valley.

It wouldn't be allowed and may offend some people.
  • Dansk_Red said:

How about a giant wreath in red and white flowers with the words CAFC RIP being placed on the memorial garden in the SE corner of the Valley.

And apart from those who visit the garden before every home game, no-one would see it.

A wreath leant against Sam's statue would be better but I'm guessing there would be orders from above to remove it toot sweet.

• What about sponsoring a game and using the advertising to make whatever statements it is you want to make
  • Fans wearing funeral clothing to the match?
  • Mass "moon"

15 minutes in the entire North Stand climb on there seats, point their rear ends towards the directors box and expose their arses.

ha ha would certainly make the news.
  • Dansk_Red said:

And apart from those who visit the garden before every home game, no-one would see it.

A wreath leant against Sam's statue would be better but I'm guessing there would be orders from above to remove it toot sweet.

But you could put it on the slope next to the big screen.

• Sponsored links:

• se7oaks said:

How about everybody stand up and turn their backs to the pitch.

there is an obvious advantage to that ;-)

• edited February 2015
    How about a mass throwing of charlton rubber ducks onto the pitch just before the game http://www.addicks-clubshop.co.uk/ca-1151-3-pack-duck-set

Show RD his network is quackers! :lol:
  • Perhaps a solidarity march to a game with protest banners etc, make it a decent distance too not just a march from The Oak. I suspect in this day & age you'd need all kinds of permits though..

In conjunction with the meeting it starts to send out a message that the fans are consistently unhappy.
  • Oakster said:

Perhaps a solidarity march to a game with protest banners etc, make it a decent distance too not just a march from The Oak. I suspect in this day & age you'd need all kinds of permits though..

In conjunction with the meeting it starts to send out a message that the fans are consistently unhappy.

The march could also be timed to turn up to the game say 15 minutes late and include messages/supporters from Liege fans and anyone else unhappy with RD
  • Oakster said:

Perhaps a solidarity march to a game with protest banners etc, make it a decent distance too not just a march from The Oak. I suspect in this day & age you'd need all kinds of permits though..

That would be good for the Millwall away game - could cause a few 'issues' though
  • https://youtube.com/watch?v=ja_BlInAK0Q
    The fans are singing 'Duchatelet - démission' which means resign.

• large banners with "roland out or fans out"
  • Mass "moon"

15 minutes in the entire North Stand climb on there seats, point their rear ends towards the directors box and expose their arses.

But they will not be there until the game starts, too busy wineing and dining
  • ross1 said:

Mass "moon"

As I said 15mins in (to the game) we'll be ok then.

Only concern is @northlondonaddick and his massive bollocks blocking everyone's view.
  • Mass "moon"

See you are warming to the idea of the 'meeting' Clem...... You seemed very negative at the start of the week, you gonna come in person and propose this?
    You could give us a demonstration maybe.....
  • Sponsored links:

• se7oaks said:

How about everybody stand up and turn their backs to the pitch. At any given time or incident, such as the away team scoring first, then everybody on gets their feet. On its own maybe not too effective but in conjunction with other ideas then who knows!!!

We do this for high school basketball games in the states. Lol this is a good thought
  • ross1 said:

Mass "moon"

As I said 15mins in (to the game) we'll be ok then.

Only concern is @northlondonaddick and his massive bollocks blocking everyone's view.
    As NLA have not been to the Valley this season, They must be humongous if they block the view from North London !

If the fans are going to do the full moon, will this take place
    if we're in the lead or only in arrears ?

• There is only significant way of demonstrating our unhappiness at the board. Season Ticket boycott.
  • Does anybody else feel that Katrien is getting off scott free in all of this. She, at the end day, is the appointed CEO. She must take a degree of responsibility. If she is forced out, RD has to take some sort of action, and will at least make him more aware of what is going on.
  • Does anybody else feel that Katrien is getting off scott free in all of this. She, at the end day, is the appointed CEO. She must take a degree of responsibility. If she is forced out, RD has to take some sort of action, and will at least make him more aware of what is going on.

Meire is not enjoying this at all, she must read the message boards.

At The Valley during office hours I reckon she is not happy, everything must have changed with peoples view of her after the Luzon appointment.
  • But if she walks RD has to do something. A bit more pressure on her and she may just call it a day. She has nothing about her!
  • But if she walks RD has to do something. A bit more pressure on her and she may just call it a day. She has nothing about her!

Perhaps the chant should be "We want Meire out".
  • cafc-west said:

WSS- even if it is seperate, the cash still goes to the club, which now means Roland. This money was originally used to get us back home, then it was decided to use it to fund the academy. But this was when the entire board were fans like us and with limited funds. Now all valley gold is doing is lining Roland's pockets.

Valley Gold is a separate charitable trust. They decide what to do with the income and contribute to youth player development - that's the main reason I contribute and I certain wouldn't want to stop that.
    So you are happy to support RD in his quest to develop young talent to sell on and for him to make a profit.
    I will play no part in contributing to lining his pocket except by renewing my ST.
  • Mass "moon"

as long as the nice young blonde bird behind me does it, i'm in.
  • Mass "moon"

as long as the nice young blonde bird behind me does it, i'm in.
    So am I, where do you sit?!